Group sessions

Tristan1427

Personally, I played before and after the dungeon update, which changed dungeon gameplay, and went into the world bosses by myself. If I were to do it now I would go through the whole game solo finishing the dungeon trophies myself. This should make you around level 60. After completing the dungeons get a group together and kill the world bosses.

I would say you absolutely need a group during this for 2 reasons. Firstly, you can't kill most of the bosses yourself as they are on par with your level. They're some bosses you can out level and take on like a regular mob though. Secondly, this will become more prevalent, they're are people farming/grinding these bosses. This is a problem because if you are not the first person to attack the boss, no matter how long you fight or how much damage you do, the boss will not count as a kill towards the in-game tracker and thus the trophy. On top of this some bosses not only spawn as a single unit but only show up on 1 server at a time. Meaning you have to scour the area not just in 1 server but a handful. In conjunction to this when bosses are killed there is a 3-6 real-time hour respawn as well.

So you can see how being in a group helps tremendously as a group can scour multiple sections and servers. It is also helpful as a group because if a party member attacks the boss first in the world it will count as a kill for everyone in the group who participated in the battle.

To go about world boss solo is to send/ask for a group invite to someone who was already fighting a boss before you got there. Joining a group mid boss battle count towards the trophy, but the majority of time people will decline or outright ignore it. Or if you start a boss fight yourself but need help, you can use the in-game chat to notify other players of the boss name, location, and server number.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

The solo dungeons MUST be done solo to count towards the trophies. As for the group dungeons, you can really only realistically solo them if you’re either a very OP class or about 20 levels over the level requirement-and the in game matchmaking can take over an hour to match you with a group, if it ever matches you at all. 

As for the world bosses, if you leave them for the end, literally only three will pose any threat to you if you’re at least level 60. The three level 68 bosses should NOT be attempted alone unless you’ve got a ton of healing items & boosts, and even then, unless you’re playing an OP class, it will take FOREVER to take them down alone. Keep in mind it took me and another player (both at level 65) roughly 45mins-1 hr to beat each boss.

Also, as @BestUsername---- mentioned, even finding the bosses is a massive pain due to how long it takes them to respawn. 

TL;DR: A group will be needed for at least some group dungeons if you don’t want to rely on the in-game matchmaking, and picking off the world bosses at the end is, IMO the best strategy. I did all but the level 68 bosses alone (most of them went down in one hit), but I can also see the advantage of having a group so different people could camp for different bosses, but all would get credit. 

ETA: There’s also a way in game, can’t remember what it’s under-in the character menu, maybe under “Feats,” that has two “Hunting in (insert name of continent)” sections for the two land masses where the bosses are. Within those sections there are corresponding “Rule in (name of continent)” feats that, if clicked on, will give you a list of all the bosses you need to kill for the last two trophies. Bosses already killed show up in green I think, those not killed are grey.

Not sure if the above details are 100% accurate, but the lists aren’t that hard to find. I found them very helpful for knowing if a boss I’d killed had counted towards the trophies or not. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y