A thing that's been bugging me on the PSN Store

GanjiMex

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the PS3 store's credit card system not being available now but here's something I noticed while shopping.

So it seems the prices boost up when you enter them on the cart, but they restore once you start purchasing them.

When I enter a $0.49 avatar on the cart it says $0.58, but when I continue to do the purchase it now costs $0.49 again. Is this a bug? Or do I have to pay the price it displayed when i entered the avatar on the cart?

It does this for me too. What it is for me, is it is sales tax being added. So I have to pay the, using your example, 58 cents opposed to the 49 cents. In my state (Texas) you have to pay sales tax on digital items, but you don't pay sales tax on digital currency. Like when you go buy a $20 PSN card, for example, there is no sales tax on that, so you just pay the $20 even. But then you get charged the sales tax when you buy something online with that money. This happens across all the PlayStation Store, by the way. Not just PS3.

• Like 1