PS4 Pro Power Cord

Hotrod_felix

16 minutes ago, Hotrod_felix said:

So, the console power cord started to melt.

Been researching about... Seems that the pro requires a 16A power source, instead of a 10A. Even have installed a dedicated jack only for the console but the problem persists.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Melted

Never experienced that.  I once forgot my power cord at a hotel and tried using an extra at home from an old pc. It fit and connected but wouldnt power it on. So i tried a different random cord i found and it worked just fine. Its not the right wire but also never melted or had any issues. Atleast it didnt damage your console and you are still able to get a dif wire. :)

Edited by Camokidd87
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Possible cause, loose connection at the plug.

When cord plug is not firmly fitted with the receptacle in the wall, a gap can form with air causing the electricity to arc instead of flowing through the metal. This causes heat build up and can melt things and cause fires. Make sure the dedicated socket you install is good.

43 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Never experienced that.  I once forgot my power cord at a hotel and tried using an extra at home from an old pc. It fit and connected but wouldnt power it on. So i tried a different random cord i found and it worked just fine. Its not the right wire but also never melted or had any issues. Atleast it didnt damage your console and you are still able to get a dif wire. :)

Yeah man, this issue occurs on coffee machines/fryers, so it's probably a heating problem. Of course, the pro uses a lot of energy when operating at full (the famous 747 turbine noise)

1 hour ago, Hotrod_felix said:

So, the console power cord started to melt.

Been researching about... Seems that the pro requires a 16A power source, instead of a 10A. Even have installed a dedicated jack only for the console but the problem persists.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Melted

Spend a couple bucks and replace the receptacle. Also, spend a couple more bucks and get a ground tester to make sure the wiring is grounded properly.