Questions in regards to the main game

Hi all,

I only have one question at the moment but thought best to title the thread this way. Anyway. I started using the Powerpyx guide for the Ebooks and once again he shows you where collectibles are but not what is involved in how to get them.

So at the moment I have done the intro and then got the stuff from Adam's apartment. I then go for the next collectible which is in apartment 41 but unlike the video the door is locked in my game. I looked around at multple guides and they too have it open. I then looked online for door codes and it says this door is opened on Jesefs computer or something and rather than four digits, the code is something like 'thevoidwalkeralone'. So for these types of doors is it best to just hack them or go looking for passwords as that pretty much makes a total mess of the collectible vid guides and I don't want to be triggering next phase cutscenes or anything. I'm also using the branching trophy guide just to cutdown on unnecessary walkthroughs but even that doesn't mention most of the ebooks. 

Appreciate any info on this or further questions I have.  

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I think that I used this guide:

I appreciate you taking the time man, but that actually looks like an entire walkthrough video. As in it would be spoiling everything and I won't even know which points to skip to get collectibles. 

Cheers anyway man. 

Ok, then my suggestion would be to do a blind playthrough and use that walkthrough later to get the collectibles (the pacifist rout is also the easiest way to do the perma-death playthrough, so, you could do your collectibles run during the perma-death playthrough, if the platinum is your target).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, glassphantom123 said:

The doors are open in the guides just to keep the video to the point and cut out unnecessary parts such as watching them hack a door. You can just hack them yourself or find a vent using your vision aug as an alternative way through many locked doors.

It's the start of the game and augs are broken. It doesn't matter though man. 

This doesn't directly answer the question, but I personally found this text/image guide useful:

https://www.vgfaq.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-prague-first-visit-ebooks-locations-guide/

I remember that it literally is just describing (and takes screenshots from) what you see in one of the videos (powerpyx, maybe?) but I found it way easier to navigate while using a phone instead of a proper computer.

As for your specific question, I remember that it was easier to come back to some of those ebooks after you get some more augs. Just make sure you don't leave Prague before getting all of them and you won't be locked out. You can always make manual saves if you're paranoid.

As far as collectible 5 goes I ended up just hacking apartment 41. 

Anyway. The moment I first left Adam's flat, I looked up the guide which mentioned getting the time travel trophy. So basically I left the apartment and went to get the part, spoke to Koller or whatever he's called got the trophy and then reloaded to the save where I had just left Adam's gaff. I then collected ebook from flat 41 and 23. I then looked at the roadmap for the missible walkthrough but its reading weird for me. 

Main Missions

Mission 02: Morning Comes Too Soon

• Dialogue only - no missable trophies
  • Branching Save Point: Create a save after this mission, earn the Bronze Time Traveler trophy and then reload your save before moving on to Mission 03.

Mission 03: Getting in Top Shape

• Check Side Mission 01 below for a tip that will help you get to the bookstore.
  • No missable trophies
  • Branching Save Point: After finishing this mission, you will have a bunch of Praxis kits to spend, so it's a good time to make a save, complete several of the combat trophies that require augs you probably won't be using during your normal playthrough, and then reload your save before continuing. You will also unlock BronzeAnd Embrace What You've Become in the process.

So when are you supposed to reload after time traveller because the guide says that time traveller locks out some other stuff. So I reloaded to where I said above. But then it goes to mission 3. If I have to reload then what actually is mission 2? The game itself and this guide seems to be way to messily structured unless I'm reading everything wrong.

18 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

So when are you supposed to reload after time traveller because the guide says that time traveller locks out some other stuff. So I reloaded to where I said above. But then it goes to mission 3. If I have to reload then what actually is mission 2? The game itself and this guide seems to be way to messily structured unless I'm reading everything wrong.

Mission 2 is just the initial time you spend in your apartment when you arrive in Prague, not really a proper mission.

Hello all,

Just a couple more questions. 

Following the collectibles guide, Pyx shows you having to go to the theatre to get one ebook. I got there and in the room is one of the main mafia bosses. He shows this before doing mission 10 so is there another point where you actually need to come here without screwing everything up? 

For the Human Revolution game, it featured the DLC mission part way through the game. Mankind Divide has two dlc missions so when do they trigger or do you play them separately from the main menu?

On 5/15/2022 at 2:41 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

When Mission 2 starts, save your game. Grab the Time Traveller :bronze:. After that, reload that Mission 2 save data. That's it.

16 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Following the collectibles guide, Pyx shows you having to go to the theatre to get one ebook. I got there and in the room is one of the main mafia bosses. He shows this before doing mission 10 so is there another point where you actually need to come here without screwing everything up? 

Which ebook are you talking about?

17 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

For the Human Revolution game, it featured the DLC mission part way through the game. Mankind Divide has two dlc missions so when do they trigger or do you play them separately from the main menu?

Both DXMD's story expansions (System Rift and A Criminal Past) are only accessible via main menu.

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Which ebook are you talking about?

Both DXMD's story expansions (System Rift and A Criminal Past) are only accessible via main menu.

Ebook 59.

So do the dlcs not have augs and stuff that pass into the main game then when you complete them or are they just totally separate and if so when in the game are they set, way before or after the main story?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Ebook 59.

You'll be able to grab that one during Mission 14. You can read this guide for more info.

5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

So do the dlcs not have augs and stuff that pass into the main game then when you complete them or are they just totally separate and if so when in the game are they set, way before or after the main story?

Totally separate. Nothing carries over.

System Rift is set during Prague second visit, and A Criminal Past is set before the main game's story.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Yes, there is, but you will not be able to play on a higher difficulty for a trophy.

Yeah thats fine. I regret not doing a pacifist or no alarms run this first playthrough as the only guys I could justify shooting so far in the game was the tutorial level. I wanted to have a combat playthrough and a sneak playthrough but despite all the upgrades and stuff, Deus Ex has never really given you reason to kill for the most part. Not sure if I will go straight to the hardtest difficulty next or have another hard playthrough but maybe go for pacifist and no alarms. Dunno. Will think on it. Only three more ebooks left to collect for now. 

• Like 1

Started a ng+ and going for the pacifist and no alarms. Currently on chapter 10 and after talking to Janus and having the droids arrive, no matter what I do to sneak past them, when I drop down the hole in the floor they go into search mode and turn red. Just tried a video guide and it even did it on that. Does that part always do that if any of you guys can remember?

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Started a ng+ and going for the pacifist and no alarms. Currently on chapter 10 and after talking to Janus and having the droids arrive, no matter what I do to sneak past them, when I drop down the hole in the floor they go into search mode and turn red. Just tried a video guide and it even did it on that. Does that part always do that if any of you guys can remember?

You can avoid that by going back the way you came in, so climb back up the elevator shaft.

Also, you have to do the permadeath run anyway, so I wouldn't bother finishing a NG+ run. You'll want to avoid combat altogether anyway (just focus on cloaking and mobility related augs) so it'll be easier to get the no alarms and pacifist trophies during that run. The one exception is using the kill switch on the final boss. I recommend using it to get "no alarms" and then reloading your save (back it up too) and beat him the normal way for "no kills".

It's also worth mentioning that there is A LOT of conflicting information about what does or does not void the "no alarms" trophy. I tried to be very careful and avoid any situation that could lead to an alarm and didn't have problems with it, but I've read a lot of complaints about people not getting it and not really knowing why.

Edited by masnevets
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 8:48 PM, masnevets said:

You can avoid that by going back the way you came in, so climb back up the elevator shaft.

Also, you have to do the permadeath run anyway, so I wouldn't bother finishing a NG+ run. You'll want to avoid combat altogether anyway (just focus on cloaking and mobility related augs) so it'll be easier to get the no alarms and pacifist trophies during that run. The one exception is using the kill switch on the final boss. I recommend using it to get "no alarms" and then reloading your save (back it up too) and beat him the normal way for "no kills".

It's also worth mentioning that there is A LOT of conflicting information about what does or does not void the "no alarms" trophy. I tried to be very careful and avoid any situation that could lead to an alarm and didn't have problems with it, but I've read a lot of complaints about people not getting it and not really knowing why.

Cheers man that worked a treat. I will finish the NG+ simply to get (hopefully get) the pacifist and no alarms out of the way. That way I can use distanced silence kills and stuff and hopefully burn through the perma death run. I'm currently at Prague stage 3 on NG+ and will hopefully have that finished before or during the weekend. Actually looking forward to the expansions too just to see different stuff. 

Well with nearly everything upgraded, sneaking like a ninja and using biocells I still never got the no alarms trophy. At this point I have no idea what it could be unless when being spotted and reloading cancels it out as that is the only thing I can think of. Got pacifist but nothing else man. 

• 3 months later...

yeah it would have been nice if there was a mission tracker for no alarms but I think there is a way to track it? At the end of a mission it should show up with a "ghost" experience bonus in additon to the mission complete bonus experience. I find that's a good sign you're doing the right thing.