Tips that could keep your PS3 alive longer!(Slim-Version

HamiTosh

22 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Another tip is to regularly perform Disc cleanup and rebuild database options accessed through the safe menu. Rebuild database also works on PS4. I do this every 6 months.

since i have an SSD; data rebuilding is not necessary, it will wear out the SSD faster, but if u have a HDD data rebuilding is a must

Edited by HamiTosh

• 1 month later...

When I was gaming on the PS3 a lot I generally tried to not have the PS3 on for more than 5-6 hours at a time. Also, I won't run it in a temp over 77 without A/C, and you don't want the A/C to be facing any electronics that intake air or all the dust in the air will be blown directly into it. 

Every time the PS3 crashes and wants to restore file system I make sure to always skip it by pressing O. I read somewhere that this restore actually makes the HDD corrupt and get worse over time. Also I will never rebuild the database ever again because the one time I did, it only made the HDD stutter a lot worse, so bad that I actually had to replace the HDD with a new one.

Nowadays I only get to play the PS3 about once a week. With regards to prolonging the life of the internal power supply should I leave it in standby (red light on) when not using it or should I keep switching it off/on from surge protector every time I use it (1x week)?