main missions versus side missions

For character missions that read complete the mission arc for said character do the side ones not matter?  After completing a lot of character side missions I was reading the guide and noticed the requirements for the  missions the guide listed were different from the missions I completed.  So i'm guessing the mission labeled as side missions count for nothing as the guide says to complete said characters main missions?  Have I just wasted two days doing a lot of these side missions?  The main missions seem to jump around from character to character so it's impossible to knock out all of one characters missions before the next?

I guess what i'm trying to ask is if i just follow the main missions arc will it net me all the trophies for the characters and completing the reserve i'm working?

Edited by steel6burgh

Yeah exactly that, just follow the main missions if you only want to pop the arc trophies. Luckily i only did 3-4 side ones before realising. Now i only do quick/easy side missions or let some be completed naturally by gameplay

The main missions are odd, you only get certain ones until you complete others so you seem to be doing all the arcs at the same time

• Like 1

Main missions for the trophies, side missions do help a lot as they tend to be easier and will give you XP and money to unlock more perks and equipment. The moose caller unlocks at i think 33 or something which you need for the caller trophy.

I tend to focus on main missions and then some side missions will line up with them or unlock without me going for it