Dagon Apocalyptic Difficulty Help

Zephrese

• 1 month later...

I know this has been settled, but as stated elsewhere, you can completely skip this annoying fight, and still get the plat. Just beat Wicked K (which is much easier), 

Or, you can be unnecessarily masochistic (like I was), and deal with the annoying insta-death Dagon deals out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 3:51 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I know this has been settled, but as stated elsewhere, you can completely skip this annoying fight, and still get the plat. Just beat Wicked K (which is much easier), 

Or, you can be unnecessarily masochistic (like I was), and deal with the annoying insta-death Dagon deals out.

Wish I had known this before beating him, but oh well. ?

Edited by Zephrese

On 21/07/2022 at 4:51 PM, starcrunch061 said:

How does this Skip Works?

I Killed Wicked K in the middle of my Apocaliptic gamethrough and strangely, the trophy for this and the Hard run poped after i finished the level 15, making the fight against Moloch unecessary, but i had to Kill Dagon anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

How does this Skip Works?

I Killed Wicked K in the middle of my Apocaliptic gamethrough and strangely, the trophy for this and the Hard run poped after i finished the level 15, making the fight against Moloch unecessary, but i had to Kill Dagon anyway. 

Instead of fighting Dagon, you could have fought Moloch. Since apocalyptic only opens after you finish the game, you can play the stages in any order you want at that point.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Instead of fighting Dagon, you could have fought Moloch. Since apocalyptic only opens after you finish the game, you can play the stages in any order you want at that point.  

I understand i can play in any order i want, and sorry if i am being a bit slow,  but are you saying that the Game would recognize a Moloch Defeat as Dagons?

3 minutes ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

I understand i can play in any order i want, and sorry if i am being a bit slow,  but are you saying that the Game would recognize a Moloch Defeat as Dagons?

Not exactly. Rather, the game expects you to beat 16 stages on Apocalyptic difficulty. However, Wicked K counts as a stage, so you have 17 stages to choose from. Thus, you could leave out one stage of your choosing,

Since you have to beat Wicked K anyway, this means you can just skip Dagon, beating the other 15 stages. Together with Wicked K, the game thinks you’ve beaten 16 stages, so you get the trophy,

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not exactly. Rather, the game expects you to beat 16 stages on Apocalyptic difficulty. However, Wicked K counts as a stage, so you have 17 stages to choose from. Thus, you could leave out one stage of your choosing,

Since you have to beat Wicked K anyway, this means you can just skip Dagon, beating the other 15 stages. Together with Wicked K, the game thinks you’ve beaten 16 stages, so you get the trophy,

oooohhhhh.

Now i got it.

Well, too bad i did it the hard wat. Just skiped Moloch by killing Wicked K as soon as i had all the doors opened. I Would deffinetely leave Dagon in favor of killing Moloch if i knew. I think i took me about a hour or so.

• Like 1