Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

1 hour ago, Age_kon said:

I love this! I've been going at this challenge for nearly two years now, and am sitting at 13 (or 16 with multiple regions) platinums/completions.

I haven't completed all of the dlcs for every entry yet, but I'm steadily getting closer.

The ones who are colored orange are the ones I'm currently working on :)

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    • World of Final Fantasy

Awesome! Great progress! I’ll add you to the Bronze tier for 10+ completions tomorrow when I’m at my pc. Good luck on XIV! That’s the biggest by a long shot lol 

@oYazmat Dude I just looked at your profile! You have a profile dedicated entirely to Final Fantasy?? How awesome is that!! You should hide Star Ocean: First Departure R and Gran Turismo Sport and delete those 0% Fifas and have nothing but FF on there! That'd be so sick!

@Age_kon added you to bronze tier! Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@oYazmat Dude I just looked at your profile! You have a profile dedicated entirely to Final Fantasy?? How awesome is that!! You should hide Star Ocean: First Departure R and Gran Turismo Sport and delete those 0% Fifas and have nothing but FF on there! That'd be so sick!

I can hide things in there ?! how ?! Yeah I just play Final Fantasy games (Well I like other games but just don't have enough time for them, I can barely keep up with all the FFs going out!)

Gran Turismo & Fifa are just for playing with Family so I definitely need to hide those!

1 minute ago, oYazmat said:

I can hide things in there ?! how ?! Yeah I just play Final Fantasy games (Well I like other games but just don't have enough time for them, I can barely keep up with all the FFs going out!)

Gran Turismo & Fifa are just for playing with Family so I definitely need to hide those!

To hide games just do this: 

To delete games (they have to be 0% for this) click delete here:

UzXhpcO.png

And yeah if I were you, as pristine as your account is i'd make an alt account for other stuff like fifa or trying other games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

To hide games just do this: 

To delete games (they have to be 0% for this) click delete here:

UzXhpcO.png

And yeah if I were you, as pristine as your account is i'd make an alt account for other stuff like fifa or trying other games.

Oh thanks a lot! Good idea the alt account!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome! Great progress! I’ll add you to the Bronze tier for 10+ completions tomorrow when I’m at my pc. Good luck on XIV! That’s the biggest by a long shot lol 

Thanks!

Yeah, I've already put 300 hours in and barely scratched Stormblood hehe. I play it intermittently, so there might be a few weeks/months I don't play.

After XIII, I want to do X-2 and I know it has a tedious 100% trophy. Hopefully I won't get 99%!

4 hours ago, Age_kon said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I've already put 300 hours in and barely scratched Stormblood hehe. I play it intermittently, so there might be a few weeks/months I don't play.

After XIII, I want to do X-2 and I know it has a tedious 100% trophy. Hopefully I won't get 99%!

Haha dude...I got 99%. It was rough lol Thankfully it randomly (seemingly randomly) popped about 10-12 hours into my next playthrough. Good luck! That might be the most meticulous, face-in-a-guide trophy in the series. 

23 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

It works ! thanks a lot for the tip!

Hi guys, I currently have the following 13, My goal is to get them all one day :)

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • World of Final Fantasy
      • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
      • Crystal Defenders
      • Adventures of Mana
  • Like 1

Oooh this looks fun

I've got Plats for:

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 Thank you!

My plan is to finish off Crystal Defenders and Kings Tales to get to silver, My personal priority is to Platinum all mainline FF games, IX, X-2, and XII are all I have left.

Can anyone who has 100% for both NT Free and Platinum for NT advise me on how best to approach these games? I've heard that I should play the Free version first and then transfer the save onto the full game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExSoldier-Marci- said:

@Rebourne07 Thank you!

My plan is to finish off Crystal Defenders and Kings Tales to get to silver, My personal priority is to Platinum all mainline FF games, IX, X-2, and XII are all I have left.

Can anyone who has 100% for both NT Free and Platinum for NT advise me on how best to approach these games? I've heard that I should play the Free version first and then transfer the save onto the full game.

Good plan! :)

Dissidia and Dissidia NT are what separate the casual from the hardcore when it comes to FF trophies. Dissidia is a decent game, but it's trophy list was absolutely designed by Satan himself. Just fair warning that it is the most arduous grind I've ever done in my 30+ years of gaming.

That said I'd recommend doing the main version first then the free version. Reason being 1) I dont think anything carries over except online character rankings so I don't think it helps with progression to do free to paid, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there. 2) Because the online character ranking does for sure come over, you'll wanna do the A++ trophies ASAP and they are only on the paid version. You want to do those A++ trophies while your bots are all very low level since that maximizes your chances at a high score. If you beef up all your characters on the free version then transfer to the paid, you have to then fight those beefed up characters for your A++ trophies. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

@sephiroth4424 congratulations on Chocobo Mystery Dungeon! 84 hours is quick for that one!

Thanks. I used a second controller for almost all the challenging dungeons bosses. I lost only once in Mystery Dungeon (lost 2 hours there)

Also you can unlock insatiable hunger by chapter 3 and get the best equipment there, made Light,Dark Dungeons and Ancient Ruins a walk in the park

13 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Good plan! :)

Dissidia and Dissidia NT are what separate the casual from the hardcore when it comes to FF trophies. Dissidia is a decent game, but it's trophy list was absolutely designed by Satan himself. Just fair warning that it is the most arduous grind I've ever done in my 30+ years of gaming.

That said I'd recommend doing the main version first then the free version. Reason being 1) I dont think anything carries over except online character rankings so I don't think it helps with progression to do free to paid, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there. 2) Because the online character ranking does for sure come over, you'll wanna do the A++ trophies ASAP and they are only on the paid version. You want to do those A++ trophies while your bots are all very low level since that maximizes your chances at a high score. If you beef up all your characters on the free version then transfer to the paid, you have to then fight those beefed up characters for your A++ trophies. Good luck!

As for Dissidia, a lot of things transfer from free to paid, but you can't transfer from paid to free. Like for all A++ trophies, you can do 2 in Free version, then only one in the paid to get the trophy. If you win 300 ranked matches in Free, you only need to win one in Paid, if you do Paid first, you will have to win 600 (300 in free & 300 in paid)! And A lot other things you can get easier if you do free first.

8 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

As for Dissidia, a lot of things transfer from free to paid, but you can't transfer from paid to free. Like for all A++ trophies, you can do 2 in Free version, then only one in the paid to get the trophy. If you win 300 ranked matches in Free, you only need to win one in Paid, if you do Paid first, you will have to win 600 (300 in free & 300 in paid)! And A lot other things you can get easier if you do free first.

Oh dang! @ExSoldier-Marci- That bit about ranked matches is a GAME CHANGER! Ok, then yeah I'd recommend doing it this way! Thanks oYazmat!!

On 02/08/2022 at 4:29 PM, Rebourne07 said:Congratulations to @JoeNDM on Silver tier! You shooting for Gold?

Not any time soon. Crystal Chronicles and Every Buddy I've got on Switch, I didn't enjoy Dissidia NT or World enough to go for Platinum and I did ARR through to the end of Endwalker in the space of 9 months, so it's going to be a LOOOONG time before I revisit XIV.

Crisis Core and Reunion I'll definitely Platinum, and the Pixel Remasters if they ever hit console. But I imagine by that point, the Gold threshold will be raised above 20 ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NathanDrake2046 said:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I’m new to this forum and starting the final fantasy deep dive of getting 100% on every game….it’s going to take me awhile lol…

Welcome! 3 down! 7 to go for Bronze tier! Keep us updated on your progress!

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

FUTURE GAMES:

Hide contents

Officially Announced:

Final Fantasy XVI

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion [PS5]

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Most Wanted:

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters 1-6

Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remastered

Added a new FUTURE GAMES section to the main post to keep track of announcements of new Final Fantasy titles

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Added a new FUTURE GAMES section to the main post to keep track of announcements of new Final Fantasy titles

Nice! I hope I will be done with 3 am doing simultaneously before Crisis Core comes out.

I like the most wanted section :D

• Like 1

I have now completed the following two games to 100%, Next step... 20!

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Final Fantasy XIV