Impossible, Right? Coda phasing mode clear

11 hours ago, RangyRV said:

You re giving me hopes, because I did Low% on gamepad, but could barely leave the starting room with Coda lol.

But I havent played not even for 10 minutes, I just dont feel like spending time with this right now.

Coda is very doable once you put enough hours into her which is around 250 to 750 hours almost the same amount of time it takes to complete an all characters low%. Spooty completed several low% runs with Coda, DJ made it to 10 wins in a row with Coda, and someone cleared Coda on Vita which has no latency calibration feature so zero latency is somehow possible. Phasing mode can be used to cheese the Coda clear since you can just go straight to the miniboss every floor to speed through levels quickly and for once you can use rings with phasing, so you can make the ultimate combination which is phasing and peace together.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

7 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Reading through this makes me feel like trying, but there are some stuff going on life lately thats preventing me from sinking so much time in this game.

I would say that in terms of trophies only, Coda is very doable, there are several ways to facilitate a run, I finished coda several times, as necrodancer became my favorite game I ended up playing for the leaderboards and speedruns, I must have almost 3k hours adding up all platforms in which I played.  some tips for zones:

Zone 1 - Enjoy that there is little threat in this zone and try to explore all the levels as much as possible, picking up items and bombs

Zone 2 - You will probably already have a torch here, just go straight to the shop, get the item and go to the closed squares that usually have bombs or items.

Zone 3 - Here is to stay inside the walls in phasing mode if you don't have enough bombs or items feel free to go to the shop but I don't advise going after the chests because you might end up being ambushed. stay close to the wall where the miniboss is, and if  you got a lot of bombs(like 10) just use 2 bombs to kill the miniboss if it is some annoying miniboss like the ice dragon.

Zone 4 - the easiest of all in pashing mode, if you have the bomb amulet that makes you immune to explosion and increases your range and if you have 6 bombs just go straight to where the miniboss is use 2 bombs one after the other and the room will be cleaned including the gold left by them, if you are lucky you will find more bombs in zone 4.

Zone 5 - you can use the same strategy as zone 4 but with a much bigger margin to move without having to use 2 bombs per mini boss

obs: I advise you to stay inside the walls, walking one step to the left and one to the right or one up and one down until you get the rhythm, when you feel comfortable you can start exploring. Always do this when you feel yourself losing control, it will help you get back on track. Try playing with Chipzel or VIRT soundtrack. Don't forget that nowadays there are many more strategies available on youtube, watch other people playing Coda, if you understand some items and strategies it will take you much less time than most who finished coda years ago especially if you've been playing with a keyboard. 

and don't be in a hurry, it took me almost two years because I had to study and work, if you practice 30 min or 1 hour a day it will still be good, you'll get there eventually

Edited by Riku_KHX
  • Like 3

Coda could have been worse imagine if she was still required to clear in order to complete the all characters mode that would also mean you would have to do a low% run for lowest of the low with her as well, thankfully she was removed for being too high difficulty, and they discarded other achievements for Coda since the clear with Coda is hard enough, Coda doesn't have any disadvantages of her own which is nice but still has the three most difficult characters in the game combined into Coda, the one that's really making Coda a nightmare to clear is Bolt without her this would be piece of cake since you can play Coda in the normal tempo with a lot of time on your hands, Double tempo still plays out exactly like the normal tempo but faster the worse thing about of double speed is that it's slowly destroying the offbeat space in the normal tempo you can rely on the offbeat to save you from the dropping the beat but on double speed the songs are so fast you can't rely on it at all, heck sometimes you can't even stand still at the start of every floor since it's hard to tell when you are able to move and to make things worse offbeat is less effective, so you have to somehow get on beat perfectly if you want to stand still and wait at the start of any floor, Coda not doing zones backwards is kind of good thing, so you can prepare yourself for the nightmare known as 4-3 and around the corner is 5-3, although you have a lot more space to work with so less stressful, the invading would be very annoying on double speed too riders spawning every floor, liches spawning every floor, sarcophagi every floor.

1 hour ago, RangyRV said:

So many good strategies here, I hope I can put them in use soon.

Not sure if you already know about this, but if you throw the dagger at Freddie you can get both two items once he’s out of the shop. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Actually I know nearly nothing about items in this game, haha. I focused on Low% since the beggining1f62c.png

Well Heavy glass and damage is important on Coda you can take hits with the Heavy glass armor and more damage makes it faster to defeat enemies, Phasing makes Fortissimole even easier to defeat this boss fight has dirt tiles you can phase through then when behind the stage bomb it and wipe out Fortissimole like it's nothing this works on all his stages so you better hope he's the final boss for the easiest final boss ever, Coral Riff is another boss you want to fight late as you can defeat him easily with just the earth spell again works on all his stages and works with and without phasing. The only boss you want to get rid of straight away is King Konga his later stages are a pain to defeat, so it's best to defeat him early. Deep blues is just the worst boss ever this is where the gold kills will start to shine as this boss will be filled with gold and unlike other bosses you have no room to work with, you can defeat him easily with the Ninja stars or the fireball throwing strat. You can defeat Death metal easily with the earth spell or the freeze spell, this is where the double speed starts to shine as this song is played at a crazy speed you can also use the heart transplant for a less stressful Death metal fight where you can move freely for 20 seconds. So yeah that's all the strats I know, it just takes a lot of luck to get the tough bosses early and finding the item that can make the boss fight a piece of cake.

I'd like to write my thoughts and some tips of Coda phasing mode since there is not much information of it.

The number of times I have reached each zone
Zone 1 tens of thousands of times
Zone 2 thousands of times
Zone 3 50 times
Zone 4 6 times
Zone 5 twice 

I can say when you could reach zone 4, you are close to success.

Personal Difficulty
Zone 2 > Zone 1 > Zone 3 > Zone 5 > Zone 4
This takes into account that you need to equip yourself early on. Zone 2 has nasty enemies and is hard to keep the beats.
Zone 2 is also easiest to find bombs, so search everywhere. (My highest record was 34 bombs at zone 2)

Basic Strategy
In zone 1, you want to save your bombs and use only daggers to defeat the mini-bosses. Same in zones 2 and 3, but use bombs sparingly depending on the situation. Especially on bats. In zones 4 and 5, make quick work of spells and bombs. Be flexible depending on the expected bosses.

Ideal order of bosses
King Conga 1 -> Death Metal 2 -> Coral Riff 3 -> Deep Blues 4 ->  Fortissimole 5

King Conga 1 is one of best bosses. If you pull this one off, concentrate even more on your play. Any of the Death Metals are good if you have a heart transplant, but if not the second one is easier. Deep Blues is the most luck dependent if you want a quick kill. If the dagger you throw is on gold, you will not be able to pick it up without the earth spell. To prevent this, do an additional ←→ or →← move just before placing the bomb. The chance of the dagger getting on the gold is significantly reduced. This of course also increases the chances of being attacked by the enemies, but is better than losing the dagger. You are safer if you use the shield spell. I did this in my video. It's worth remembering that the Fortisimor quick kill doesn't work with grenade charms, but you can still do it with the shield spell or glass armor or any of protection. The combination of bomb and grenade charms is called "Nuke" and is very powerful. When they are combined, you would better to concentrate more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 4:27 PM, GasOji said:

Good job & Congrats!

Now we are the same progress.

Good luck on lowest%1f60c.png

Platinum is almost there!

Thanks took me seven months till I was able to get a clear with her, Lowest of the low is pretty bad, but so much more doable and less stressful than Coda.
  • Like 1