Impossible, Right? Coda phasing mode clear

37 minutes ago, KosssteK said:

So buying Amplified dlc make the platinum even more difficult because you had to clear zone 5 as well? 

I believe only Coda is best to do with the DLC because of phasing mode. People say it’s a worthwhile trade-off to do the extra zone since you have guaranteed phasing. Pretty much everything else in the base game list you want to do without the DLC.

• Like 4

Phasing mode with DLC is the easiest way to get the Coda trophy in my opinion. Not only do you get phasing from the start, it also frees the ring slot so you can get ring of peace at the same time for instance. The DLC also adds a lot of items that helps Coda, like heavy glass armor, spiked ears, bomb charm, grenades and earth spell. All these make the extra zone very worth doing.

The extra items and other quality of life changes like the better ooze golems in zone 4 makes it worth using the DLC for beating every character in my opinion. The exception is for low% runs since you don't get the benefits of those items. Though there is an argument for doing lowest% with DLC for the piercing thrown weapons, better ooze golems, being able to throw spear as Bolt and Eli's shove attack.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

@Riku_KHX you might wanna check that leaderboard again 1f602.png because you got pushed to 3rd place by me

I still want to get rank 1 hahahaha, in phasing and normal mode, congratulations btw.

On 10/06/2022 at 1:29 AM, Yuno Gasai said:

@Riku_KHX You did a superb job getting the platinum trophy Riku. It must of been pretty exhausting for you getting those hardest trophies out of the way lol. I hope you succeeded and getting the remaining trophies done. Someday, I hope I get this hardest platinum and add it to my collection. :)

thank you very much, you will get it, it's just a matter of practice and patience

7 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

Supremely impressive dude! Hats off to you. BTW, keyboard or controller? Just curious.

I used a controller

Edited by Riku_KHX
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!! Coda, even on phasing mode, is an incredible feat, and arguably the hardest gaming-wise.

as for DLC making the game easier, I did some testing and it does seem that the DLC makes the game significantly easier. Even without phasing mode, Zone 1 and Zone 2 are toned down difficulty-wise, and they also give far more items with the DLC. The DLC also gives you a lot of good items for Coda, such as Heavy Glass Armor and Earthquake Spell. I’ve been trying to get a Coda clear without phasing for a while, and after getting the DLC earlier today, I’ve gotten to the later zones more times today than I have in the past 2 weeks.

once again, congratulations Riku on your platinum! Now you can flex that you have the hardest platinum in PlayStation history ;) That is until my upcoming game dethrones Necrodancer trophy-wise…

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

17 hours ago, Ais Wallenstein said:

@Riku_KHX Hey Riku. It was me that I given you the Lifetime Premium Membership last week since you did really well on Crypt of the Necrodancer and achieving 100% completion. Enjoy. :)

I really appreciate it, it was very satisfying to do 100% on it for being my favorite game, and again thank you very much :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 5:59 AM, KosssteK said:

So buying Amplified dlc make the platinum even more difficult because you had to clear zone 5 as well? 

Amplified makes the Coda runs last longer, and the bonus items are a lot more useful for half a heart characters, which is perfect for Coda. Amplified also has heavy glass armor, which is normal glass armor but stronger, so for once Coda can take hits with this armor. Zone five is the easiest zone in the game. The only challenge is clearing out the hallway, and then it's the guessing game on which room is the boss room. Without a torch, it's very hard to tell, but with a torch, you can very easily tell since the boss room has a lot of space in it. Because of this, floors in Zone five can be completed very quickly. Finally, Amplified adds new extra modes but the one the stands out the most is the Phasing Mode this mode is somewhat tough on other characters but on Coda this is perfect as the enemies that make this mode stressful don't spawn when playing as Coda, Phasing is quite strong as you can literally delay the beat when entering and exiting walls however you lose the ability to dig which means no more standing still dig buffering, but you can kind of still do that thanks to the delay when exiting walls, Phasing does make Zone four even harder now it's pretty much impossible to make through a floor without any bombs unless you get good RNG when the boss room has enough space for you to finish it off and leave the floor safely most of the time will never happen, since you already spawn with phasing for once you can stack peace or other rings on top of phasing which you couldn't this without Amplified as you have to pick up the ring of phasing to get the phasing ability. So yeah, I would say Amplified is worth it on Coda since you can make the runs last longer thanks to the Phasing Mode, which has you spawn straight away with the Phasing ability. No more hunting down the ring of phasing. Zone five is a slice of cake on any character, so I wouldn't be too worried about dying in that zone. However, the thing that might still get you is the missed beat, so be careful.

16 hours ago, GasOji said:

I have also cleared Coda now.

It took me 500h to make this?

https://youtu.be/Td4UV9euGSA 

Congrats.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, RangyRV said:

What is the first?

Lowest of the low somehow it's harder than Coda with an even longer list of disadvantages, although it is a lot more doable than Coda, no torches, no headgear, no armor, no extra hearts, one tile dagger, no rings, no footwear, no spells, one bomb no matter what, one damage no matter what. Now combine that with the all characters mode which adds three more additional disadvantages every character must be completed in a row, without dying once, and in one sitting plus requiring you to do more than just one low% run you have to do low% runs with every character in a row without dying once. Thankfully you can still take hits, however you have to look out on floor 4-3 for the rainbow pixie fairy and let it float into your character, so it gives them a pixie kiss and regenerates one full heart it only spawns on one floor which sometimes won't spawn at all if it doesn't spawn at all you cannot get your back up to full, so you will have to deal with it and fight the final boss with critical health. In total that is around 18 different disadvantages that applies to all the characters for this entire run, plus if it's a challenge character it will add even more disadvantages.
Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 2

Ah, you meant the hardest trophy in this game, I thought you were talking about hard trophies in general. I have been enjoying challenging games like this more than modern games lately, so I was interested when you mentioned a hard trophy.

Actually I could get Lowest of the Low a few weeks ago, I felt very proud of myself, haha. I dunno if I can beat the game as Coda though.

1 minute ago, RangyRV said:

Ah, you meant the hardest trophy in this game, I thought you were talking about hard trophies in general. I have been enjoying challenging games like this more than modern games lately, so I was interested when you mentioned a hard trophy.

Actually I could get Lowest of the Low a few weeks ago, I felt very proud of myself, haha. I dunno if I can beat the game as Coda though.

Nothing more challenging than Necrodancer on a gamepad, so Wizolo knows what he’s talking about. I have yet to clear Coda and Lowest of the low and to be honest, I don’t think I have it in me to earn those trophies. But I’ll get on it some day. Again, congrats on earning the hardest trophy ever made. You can absolutely clear Coda as well. Good luck!

• Like 1

as someone who finished necrodancer with a gamepad I can also say that lowest of the low is way worse than Coda. I got some speedrun world records in necrodancer using gamepad too. anyway it's a very fun game, I intend to make all the characters LOW% including the dlc ones soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPAaqo6kio&t=334s

Edited by Riku_KHX
  • Like 1