Expert Mower trophy bugged

Rowbokop

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2022 at 2:03 AM, Rowbokop said:

Anyone else not having this trophy pop? I’ve done all the expert challenges and it’s showing 9/9 but no trophy. Doesn’t help that the game crashes nearly every single time you finish one of the challenges.

Did you buy the DLC to see if it popped ?

Are they a real pain in the ass to do though? I’ve lost count of the amount of time I’ve spent doing and redoing challenges 5 and 7 to try and get a successful return to the main menu. I have finally succeeded on those two but guess I need to do redo all the others but I just cbf putting any more effort into the game. I tried redoing 1 again as that’s that’s the only other timed challenge and apparently it’s mainly those ones that crash and after 45 minutes of boring grindy mowing, I was just like “f@!& it”.

Edited by Rowbokop
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rowbokop said:

Are they a real pain in the ass to do though? I’ve lost count of the amount of time I’ve spent doing and redoing challenges 5 and 7 to try and get a successful return to the main menu. I have finally succeeded on those two but guess I need to do redo all the others but I just cbf putting any more effort into the game. I tried redoing 1 again as that’s that’s the only other timed challenge and apparently it’s mainly those ones that crash and after 45 minutes of boring grindy mowing, I was just like “f@!& it”.

They are a pain if I’m honest , but not as bad as some , there is 3 in bronze 1 in silver and 2 in expert I think 

So do you have the expert challenge trophy? If so, did it pop after completing all 9 in the base game or did you have to do one or two in the DLC for it to pop?

I’m just not sure if the DLC expert challenges contribute to the base game’s trophy.

But if it does, I’d still have to get a total of 9 completed without it crashing afterwards, correct? I can’t remember how many crashed, it could be all of them so I might do all the DLC ones and still not get it.

Can anyone else share or confirm?

Edited by Rowbokop

27 minutes ago, Rowbokop said:

So do you have the expert challenge trophy? If so, did it pop after completing all 9 in the base game or did you have to do one or two in the DLC for it to pop?

I’m just not sure if the DLC expert challenges contribute to the base game’s trophy.

But if it does, I’d still have to get a total of 9 completed without it crashing afterwards, correct? I can’t remember how many crashed, it could be all of them so I might do all the DLC ones and still not get it.

I’m on the last expert challenge but will update you :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rowbokop said:

I just got the trophy and i can confirm; No the DLC challenges are not required for the trophy. You just have to do the first 8, tho they are REALLY tough imo. Idk why this guide is rated a 4/10 imo it should be a 7/10.

Edited by spellenboy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, spellenboy said:

I just got the trophy and i can confirm; No the DLC challenges are not required for the trophy. You just have to do the first 8, tho they are REALLY tough imo. Idk why this guide is rated a 4/10 imo it should be a 7/10.

I was the first player in the world to platinum this game on the PS5 and even then the challenges weren't even a 4/10. I play the PS4 version now and then and there the challenges are due to the poorer graphics and harder to see Grases even more difficult than on the PS 5. More like 8/10. No idea what the Guide Writer was thinking.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I was the first player in the world to platinum this game on the PS5 and even then the challenges weren't even a 4/10. I play the PS4 version now and then and there the challenges are due to the poorer graphics and harder to see Grases even more difficult than on the PS 5. More like 8/10. No idea what the Guide Writer was thinking.

Well i’m glad you think the same. Was question if it was just really tough or i was just really bad. Gg to go for the PS4 version too tho, for me personally, after i get this plat/100% im never touching this game again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spellenboy said:

Well i’m glad you think the same. Was question if it was just really tough or i was just really bad. Gg to go for the PS4 version too tho, for me personally, after i get this plat/100% im never touching this game again. 

I’ll take a stab at the PS5 version , if it’s an upgrade , surely can’t be as hard…

6 hours ago, spellenboy said:

Good but tough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spellenboy said:

We’re more trying to determine if the DLC expert challenges CAN count towards the base game expert challenge trophy because of the crashes upon completion (at least in the base game) preventing the trophy from popping. So, let’s say for example you’ve done all 9 expert challenges in the base game but 3 of them keep crashing after you finish no matter how many times you try, can you successfully return to the main menu after completing 3 of the DLC expert challenges to make up the other 3 and get the base game’s expert challenge trophy to pop?

Also, I believe you only have to finish the first 8 for the amateur and professional challenges but have to complete all 9 for the expert challenge one.

7 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Interesting that you say that. One thing I noticed when watching a guide video for expert challenge 5 and 7 (by far the hardest two imo) was that the grass wasn’t pressed up as hard against the edges such as the the big round stone well thingy in the castle one and the big 4 tress in the corners of each section in the royal garden one. Now I’m pretty sure from memory that the poster was playing on Series X and I’m playing on PS4 so it could be for that reason it’s easier on the new gen consoles. On PS4 there’s zero gap between the grass and objects so you have to spend a lot more time being super careful not to touch them cause “damage” to your mower. Don’t know why it’s this way, could just be an oversight by the developers, a coding/porting error or just that they decided to piss off previous gen players because there definitely was a sizeable gap between the grass and objects in the video that I saw. I ended up using the strimmer and going round some of the edges then running back to my mower and doing the rest on the castle one because there was no way I was gonna do it without wrecking my mower and finishing it in time.

7 hours ago, spellenboy said:

Couldn’t agree more. This game is dead to me once I’m done. The expert challenge trophy is the last one I need and I’m never buying one of these low budget “sImUlaToR” games again until they’ve been out for a while, fixed and I can see that people are getting the platinum more consistently. Probably more frustrating than the overly floaty physics and unrealistically low tolerance for “damage” on those impossible timed expert challenges is the absolutely terrible opacity on the gauges. It’s impossible to even see how close you are to overloading your engine because it’s a white meter on a very light grey background and same with the damage meter etc so it’s like the game is not even giving you a chance to succeed. If you could see the gauges more clearly you would know exactly how hard to pull the triggers so that you’re not wasting time having to stop/start all the time because you keep accidentally and unknowingly overloading your engine due to not being able to see how full the circle gauge is getting.

Edited by Rowbokop

3 hours ago, Rowbokop said:

We’re more trying to determine if the DLC expert challenges CAN count towards the base game expert challenge trophy because of the crashes upon completion (at least in the base game) preventing the trophy from popping. So, let’s say for example you’ve done all 9 expert challenges in the base game but 3 of them keep crashing after you finish no matter how many times you try, can you successfully return to the main menu after completing 3 of the DLC expert challenges to make up the other 3 and get the base game’s expert challenge trophy to pop?

Also, I believe you only have to finish the first 8 for the amateur and professional challenges but have to complete all 9 for the expert challenge one.

Interesting that you say that. One thing I noticed when watching a guide video for expert challenge 5 and 7 (by far the hardest two imo) was that the grass wasn’t pressed up as hard against the edges such as the the big round stone well thingy in the castle one and the big 4 tress in the corners of each section in the royal garden one. Now I’m pretty sure from memory that the poster was playing on Series X and I’m playing on PS4 so it could be for that reason it’s easier on the new gen consoles. On PS4 there’s zero gap between the grass and objects so you have to spend a lot more time being super careful not to touch them cause “damage” to your mower. Don’t know why it’s this way, could just be an oversight by the developers, a coding/porting error or just that they decided to piss off previous gen players because there definitely was a sizeable gap between the grass and objects in the video that I saw. I ended up using the strimmer and going round some of the edges then running back to my mower and doing the rest on the castle one because there was no way I was gonna do it without wrecking my mower and finishing it in time.

Couldn’t agree more. This game is dead to me once I’m done. The expert challenge trophy is the last one I need and I’m never buying one of these low budget “sImUlaToR” games again until they’ve been out for a while, fixed and I can see that people are getting the platinum more consistently. Probably more frustrating than the overly floaty physics and unrealistically low tolerance for “damage” on those impossible timed expert challenges is the absolutely terrible opacity on the gauges. It’s impossible to even see how close you are to overloading your engine because it’s a white meter on a very light grey background and same with the damage meter etc so it’s like the game is not even giving you a chance to succeed. If you could see the gauges more clearly you would know exactly how hard to pull the triggers so that you’re not wasting time having to stop/start all the time because you keep accidentally and unknowingly overloading your engine due to not being able to see how full the circle gauge is getting.

I also fully agree with your statements, especially that the grass is like all the way up to the walls etc. On the last expert challenge, what i did was: doing the inside first area first, remember where i missed spots I wouldn’t be able to reach with my mower, run back to the truck to get my trimmer and cut those places too. Then did the outside grass areas only going clockwise I ended up with 23 sec left. But by far the most incredible difficult and tedious one was the one with the 4 seperate grass patches with all the damn flower perks in them. Had to replay that shit about 16 times and then by some bloody miracle I finally achieved it. What is even more stupid is that your mower already receives a bit of damage taking it off/on the trailer itself.

i’ve only had my game crash twice tho ever since i started playing. Once when i finished a Professional Mowing Challenge (didn’t stop me from getting the trophy tho, and the other time in the campaign. 

• Like 1

Nice. Yea I had to be super careful going back on the trailer because I finished with 11 seconds left on the clock and the tiniest bit of damage remaining.

@amurnin100 Lucky you. I believe after the update, the crashes on 5 and 7 were fixed as I had to go back and do them a million times AGAIN ? to make sure it actually counted those two. There still seems to be crashing on 1 as I re-did that one as well. I can’t say this with certainty though but prior to the update, 5 and 7 would crash every single time but they didn’t after the update. And I’m not trying them again to find out lol.

I just hope that by going back through each one and making sure it goes back to the main menu after it will finally trigger the trophy to pop and that it’s not permanently stuck. I’ve redone 5 and 7, just need to do the other 7 ?. On the discord, someone picked up that it was mainly the timed challenges that crashed so I’m hoping like hell that after successfully doing the remaining timed challenge (the first one) that it will pop….otherwise I’ll have to redo he other 6….and even then it might still not pop….in which case I will burn my entire console to the ground lol.

3 hours ago, spellenboy said:

I also fully agree with your statements, especially that the grass is like all the way up to the walls etc. On the last expert challenge, what i did was: doing the inside first area first, remember where i missed spots I wouldn’t be able to reach with my mower, run back to the truck to get my trimmer and cut those places too. Then did the outside grass areas only going clockwise I ended up with 23 sec left. But by far the most incredible difficult and tedious one was the one with the 4 seperate grass patches with all the damn flower perks in them. Had to replay that shit about 16 times and then by some bloody miracle I finally achieved it. What is even more stupid is that your mower already receives a bit of damage taking it off/on the trailer itself.

i’ve only had my game crash twice tho ever since i started playing. Once when i finished a Professional Mowing Challenge (didn’t stop me from getting the trophy tho, and the other time in the campaign. 

I thought that was the hardest one, until I discovered that the 8/9 trick didn’t work on the expert challenges and I had to do the castle one which I deliberately left out because I thought that would be the hardest and boy was I right. I struggled so hard with that one cause of the grass line that touched up against the concrete walls round the whole perimeter. That shit took me DAYS to complete.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2022 at 2:09 AM, Rowbokop said:

Nice. Yea I had to be super careful going back on the trailer because I finished with 11 seconds left on the clock and the tiniest bit of damage remaining.

@amurnin100 Lucky you. I believe after the update, the crashes on 5 and 7 were fixed as I had to go back and do them a million times AGAIN ? to make sure it actually counted those two. There still seems to be crashing on 1 as I re-did that one as well. I can’t say this with certainty though but prior to the update, 5 and 7 would crash every single time but they didn’t after the update. And I’m not trying them again to find out lol.

I just hope that by going back through each one and making sure it goes back to the main menu after it will finally trigger the trophy to pop and that it’s not permanently stuck. I’ve redone 5 and 7, just need to do the other 7 1f644.png. On the discord, someone picked up that it was mainly the timed challenges that crashed so I’m hoping like hell that after successfully doing the remaining timed challenge (the first one) that it will pop….otherwise I’ll have to redo he other 6….and even then it might still not pop….in which case I will burn my entire console to the ground lol.

I thought that was the hardest one, until I discovered that the 8/9 trick didn’t work on the expert challenges and I had to do the castle one which I deliberately left out because I thought that would be the hardest and boy was I right. I struggled so hard with that one cause of the grass line that touched up against the concrete walls round the whole perimeter. That shit took me DAYS to complete.

I assume this is PS4 version, near platted PS5 and not once has it crashed , soft locked on me though…

• 2 months later...

Update: I went back after the 1.02 update to see if anything had changed. Managed to complete the two grittiest expert challenges (5 and 7) without it crashing. Still no trophy. So I thought I’d go through them all and try and get them to complete them without crashing (and make a note of them so I don’t forget) starting with Expert Challenge 1. After forty effen minutes it crashed on me so I though eff this and parked it again.

Saw that another update had come out (1.03). So I went back again and gave it another go. I redid all the other 7 challenges for about the 5th time now and still no goddamn trophy.

So it occurred to me to maybe just try doing one of the remaining Amateur or Professional challenges (it only requires you do 8/9 to get the trophy for those two sets of challenges) so I had 1 left in each.

Did the Amateur one and guess what? The Expert mower trophy popped! I guess it just needed a new one completed to kind of refresh the whole set of challenges and register properly as every time it crashed it would stop whatever trigger it needed to pop.

So I don’t know if I had to redo all 9 expert challenges again without it crashing on me AND go back and do one of the amateur ones or if just simply doing one of the amateur ones would’ve worked all along. I guess someone could give it a try if they still haven’t got it?

Anyway, I’m so glad to be over and done with it. I finally have my Platinum. Goddamn this game 1f602.png 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rowbokop said:

Update: I went back after the 1.02 update to see if anything had changed. Managed to complete the two grittiest expert challenges (5 and 7) without it crashing. Still no trophy. So I thought I’d go through them all and try and get them to complete them without crashing (and make a note of them so I don’t forget) starting with Expert Challenge 1. After forty effen minutes it crashed on me so I though eff this and parked it again.

Saw that another update had come out (1.03). So I went back again and gave it another go. I redid all the other 7 challenges for about the 5th time now and still no goddamn trophy.

So it occurred to me to maybe just try doing one of the remaining Amateur or Professional challenges (it only requires you do 8/9 to get the trophy for those two sets of challenges) so I had 1 left in each.

Did the Amateur one and guess what? The Expert mower trophy popped! I guess it just needed a new one completed to kind of refresh the whole set of challenges and register properly as every time it crashed it would stop whatever trigger it needed to pop.

So I don’t know if I had to redo all 9 expert challenges again without it crashing on me AND go back and do one of the amateur ones or if just simply doing one of the amateur ones would’ve worked all along. I guess someone could give it a try if they still haven’t got it?

Anyway, I’m so glad to be over and done with it. I finally have my Platinum. Goddamn this game 1f602.png 

Congratulations my friend !, Uninstall and have a beer!

• Like 1