Congrats to all the Turtles!

11 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

How is it compared to Streets of Rage 4 in terms of enjoyability and plat difficulty?

Very similar, They even replaced the turkey healing item to a pizza healing item.

Definitely a 7.5/10 difficulty because of the hardest difficulty for arcade is not the easiest.

And definitely a 9/10 enjoyment actually a very nice game.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 4

Currently it's way easier than SOR4 to platinum and much shorter platinum time too, it might be nerfed/bugs fixed in the future, especially since a few trophies can be earned by doing things like joining another game that is about to finish. I mean of course you're gonna complete the whole game without losing a single credit, if you joined in on the last boss in someone else's game.

SOR4 is more of a technical beat-em-up whereas Turtles feels a bit more of a button masher, however that's not to say the combat is diluted, it's still very good, and very similar to Turtles In Time on arcade and SNES if you ever played that. SOR4 is to Tekken what Turtles is to Smash Bros.

The best part about the game is the drop in and drop out coop. This is where SOR4 suffers badly, as that game only has up to 2 players online despite the game being 4 player. Turtles on the other hand is 6 player coop offline and online and you join mid game, not in some lobby before the game starts. You can also drop out of a game yourself at any time and it saves all the exp/score you got up til that point.

That is what makes this (in my opinion) the better game.

SOR4 is an awesome game but Turtles is even more awesome.

11 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Very similar, They even replaced the turkey healing item to a pizza healing item.

lol. Let's remember that the Turtles Arcade was released in 1989, two years before Streets Of Rage 1 and the same year as Final Fight, so it's actually the other way around and eating Pizza came first.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

As a huge fan of Turtles in Time, both the arcade and SNES versions, I think Shredder's Revenge might be my favorite Turtles game. It is absolutely beautiful, and it plays even better than it looks. I've done one playthrough with Raph and I plan on doing a co-op playthrough with my wife and son this weekend. I've seen nothing but praise for the game, so hopefully that translates to another game down the line. 

Parker

• Like 1

Its not THAT difficult. Maybe a 4 or 5 of 10 at current balancing/version.

Beating the last boss no damage is the hardest part. Cheezing gnarly is easy if you have a plan and one or 5 solid boosting partners. Since, currently, it can be manipulated for infinite lives.

Edited by shrap

2 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

Definitely a 7.5/10 difficulty because of the hardest difficulty for arcade is not the easiest.

And definitely a 9/10 enjoyment actually a very nice game.

Hardest difficulty really depends on if you do it in co-op or not though.  It's maybe a 4 or 5/10 if you do it in co-op and use the drop in drop out function to refill lives.  Especially if you keep it to maybe 4 players max to keep enemy spawn counts down.  I'd give it a 5/10 tops judging by my co-op experiences, but if I had to do it solo it'd be a lot higher.  Maybe even a 9/10 just because I don't play well solo on Gnarly.

Beating the last boss without taking damage can be cheesed if you have another player to invite/host the final episode in story and let you know to join right when they beat him.

Edited by Snake2410