Database server error *fixed*

For those looking:

Gun media has supposedly fixed the server issues. I've logged in successfully 3 times now since my original post, and I've been logged in for a few hours with no issues.

Side note: considering I haven't found much info on it, private matches using custom settings for faster kills/matches do count.

--‐------------------------

Loaded up the game, and I get the database connection error.

Did a little digging, but all I'm finding is for the pc. If what I've found is true, it sounds like I'm locked out unless I create another account, profile, etc.

According to what I've seen, hackers have gotten to the database, and banned everyone from entering the game. Even with getting a reset from the devs, it's only temporary.

Is this game effectively dead?

Edited by tetsaiga94
New info.

Thanks for the heads up. Knocking on wood here, hopefully things stay ironed out. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: host crashed, I go back to the main menu. My level is zero, but I retain all my stats. I restart, and I get the connection error. Any ideas, just bad luck?

Edited by tetsaiga94

For what it's worth, I got back in. It's weird that its sporadic like this, but I'm going to take it at face value and continue.

What bothers me, is I have so many questions about boosting this game in the first place:

Do using custom settings in a lobby disable trophies on the current patch? I helped a friend a year or so ago, and he said he got his. Has any of the patches changed that?

Does the server instability cause any loss of progress? Safe to say it won't be worth continuing if your progress is wiped every time the game crashes. My buddy that I'm helping has the first kills trophy, but neither of the 2 play as Jason trophies. We've done at least 200 matches with him as Jason, and I know hes played a fair bit of the game legit, so the exact number is unknown. But I figure the first matches trophy should have popped by now, considering hes got the 500 kills already.

I'm just nervous, is all. Nobody likes a futile effort. Just trying to iron things out, and hopefully help anyone else looking for info.

Fair enough. That's always good to know. Side note, game crashed again, and we're both unable load in again. I'm really curious to see just what is going on... it's not going to be worth it if I get kicked out due to a host crash every 10 matches...

• 11 months later...