Guys seriously…

I had a MegaDrive as a little child so I kinda knew some of the games but I gotta say I felt the same way like @tonkie18 initially.

Like how the funk am I supposed to finish that Space Harrier II challenge!? lol

But over time, one by one, I did manage to do all of them. Some were harder, some were easier.

The thing is that after a while - at least for me - you develop a "feel" for each game which was kinda nice as every game was pretty unique in its controls and handling.

And I found some entertaining ones I hadn't played yet like Crack Down or Ristar which I probably would've never played if it wasn't for this collection and the challenges.

ceno

• 5 months later...

Did you end up getting the Plat?
The collection was on sale for like $8, so i bought it the other day, mainly just for TJ+Earl, was my fav genesis game. looked at the trophies and it seemed doable so i went for them. Didn't look closely at the challenges one though, a few of them were a pain and i did not think i would manage to finish them. Streets of rage and golden axe ones were the tough ones for me. it does help to take a break, 1 day +9hrs later and I got the plat. 
I really love the rewind feature added makes a lot of the games more tolerable and actually enjoy playing them despite their limitations. much prefer something like this over spending $80+ for a fake console with less games.
anyway, hope you didn't give up and got your plat!

• 1 year later...

The trophy guide is very misleading. It took me 17 hours without any arcade experience and a more realistic difficulty rating would be 8/10. Hence why the rarity sits around 10% despite being a relatively short game to plat. 

Good luck! Don't worry about having to retry challenges again and again and again. It's normal and you'll get there eventually.