Guys seriously…

What is this hell? 

There is no way I am getting this platinum. How on earth have people completed this? 

I was a sega child, but I didn’t play any of these games - maybe this is the issue? 

it just took me an hour to get the Streets of Rage trophy and now all I have left are the challenges.

I have done 8/20 and I am completely stuck. I suck at this so bad. I was planning on it being my 10,000th trophy and now I’m literally stuck playing it until I complete it. Unless I give up and have a really rubbish milestone.

I have scoured the net, watched countless videos of people making it look so easy. I’m struggling so bad. Any tips will be helpful. I’m in retro hell ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

What’s the snap?

Probably means having your snapchat, then he'll help ya ?

I'd advice you to give up for the moment, you can always come back later to the game feeling better and stronger. If that's the case, then you'll get a rubbish milestone as you said, but if you're struggling that much you should take a break of the game, maybe go for another game then come back much stronger and motivated.

You already got most of the trophies so a little break from the game wouldn't hurt! Then you come back and finish the job ?

• Like 3

Ohhh I thought it was a cool kid way of saying controller or something ?

I don’t do that rubbish. There’s enough ugly mugs all over the internet don’t need to add mine into the mix

I’m down to 9 challenges left. Each one has taken me 50 attempts. My hands are killing. I want this out my life so bad ?

Second the idea of come back later. That was the winners mentality the early Sega days, just take a break and you'll get what you need next time.

5 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Did you really just ask for her Snapchat LMAO WTF dude are you OK like this ain't a dating site lol.

Wish I knew that before I got together with a guy here. His name is Platinum Trophy.
Dirty, dirty man.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I’m down to 9 challenges left. Each one has taken me 50 attempts. My hands are killing. I want this out my life so bad 1f62d.png

You'll get there. Take a break every now and then if you're struggling. Challenge no 7 Golden Axe was an absolute hell to me and that took over 130+ attempts to complete.

• Like 2

You find this easy ?! ? really not my forte at all. I have arthritis in my hands cause im an old bird. This game should come with a warning! 

im annoyed cause I can’t move on until I’ve got this last trophy ? 50 odd attempts at something tells me it’s never gonna happen ?

taking me wayyyy longer than it should, but all games do. Ratalaika games are challenging for me! So frustrating why am I so bad ?

6 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

You'll get there. Take a break every now and then if you're struggling. Challenge no 7 Golden Axe was an absolute hell to me and that took over 130+ attempts to complete.

weirdly I’ve done that one. It took me 51 attempts. Think I have 8/9 left now they’re driving me mad. Even the easier ones I’m making silly mistakes on. Not good at this at all. Glad to hear someone else struggled ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

You find this easy ?! ? really not my forte at all. I have arthritis in my hands cause im an old bird. This game should come with a warning.

That does not help the situation at all. But for sure you would need to do it little by little, and eventually you will get there

• Like 1

Yeah I recently completed this game and raged and broke my controller playing this game. and soon after I took a break came back and got it done, but yes these old as games are brutal and I didn't realize how hard these old games can be but the game that made me break my controller was doing the challenge for Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine so yeah the challenges will be the hardest part and only a few you'll probably manage to do in a couple tries but be prepared to replay most of these challenges several times and if you haven't even touched the challenges I dont know what to tell you, I wouldn't tell you to quit or give up cause im not the one to do that myself so I would say just chip at it and eventually you get it done. good luck 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

There is no way I am getting this platinum. How on earth have people completed this?

The needed information is all there, hang in, take your time and cheese your way through. Absolutely doable!

For me it was motivation enough to play each game more than a few minutes.

Getting the plat showed me the essence of each on the games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blake__306 said:

Doesn't this game have a rewind feature? I thought I remember that making the platinum way less painful. Unless I'm misremembering.

Yeah it does but unfortunately you can’t use it for the challenges. It was helpful for other trophies though. 

7 to go ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I have never ever been so happy for a platinum to pop in my life. That was the hardest game I think I’ve ever played, it was clearly out of my skill set entirely.

one of the golden axe challenges took me 180 attempts. A lot of the others were 50 upwards. I’ve never thrown the controller so much. I’ve never been close to tears with a game out of pure frustration. I’ve never stuck with anything that has peed me off that much.

Now I really do have a 10,000th milestone to be proud of. That was horrific!

thanks for all the support and advice guys. So pleased to have that out my life!

Congrats. Specially cause you didn't use the "snap" ?

• 1 month later...

I am so close to platinum, completed 19 challenges out of 20, but I absolutely have no idea how to deal with the Streets of rage 3 challenge (defeat the twin sisters). Tried many ways to avoid them/hit them and I am not even close to get this done... I never played any of these games in the past except Alex Kidd and Sonic so it was whole new for me. Good fun most of the time, but street fighting is clearly not a strength I have...

Does anyone have a clue for me to get this done?

Thanks!

@MarcancooL I had the same issue with them and it must have taken me 100 tries. I defeated them but my health wasn’t below 10% or I’d be close with my health low and they’d get me. 

At first I would avoid using my special move cause my health would go down, but in the end at the start of the match I would spam them with it (especially if they’re together) as it makes their health go down a lot more. I’d take one out and then get the others health as low as possible before spamming my special move again to get my health down, then hopefully just one hit to take her out. 

it was definitely a hard one that I had to learn how to attack them - where to stand etc. I found watching videos of other people doing it helped and I’d try to copy that. Once you find a way to get near them without getting hit and you can attack them it became a lot easier. 

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. It took me ages as well. You’re nearly there! Keep going. I never thought it would happen either, they were my last challenge for platinum too.

• Like 1

Well done to you, Tonkie, impressive to not have given up, and keep at it MarcancooL, you'll get there. This is one of the best collections of games around, it's great to see more people get to experience them.

I probably had a bit of an easier time because I grew up with them. Going back was a great nostalgia trip. If not for breaking for sleep I'd have been in the top ten fastest (instead I'm 89th).

My only disappointment was that there weren't trophies for more of the games. Nothing for Kid Chameleon or Ristar, two of the best Megadrive games. Two trophies for Toejam and Earl but none for the second Toejam and Earl (which I thought was the better game). You don't even get to have rise from your grave and some badass music burned into your brain from trying to beat Altered Beast.

Even if you have the platinum, if you've never played the other games before I recommend giving them a go.

On 31/07/2022 at 3:11 AM, tonkie18 said:

@MarcancooL I had the same issue with them and it must have taken me 100 tries. I defeated them but my health wasn’t below 10% or I’d be close with my health low and they’d get me. 

At first I would avoid using my special move cause my health would go down, but in the end at the start of the match I would spam them with it (especially if they’re together) as it makes their health go down a lot more. I’d take one out and then get the others health as low as possible before spamming my special move again to get my health down, then hopefully just one hit to take her out. 

it was definitely a hard one that I had to learn how to attack them - where to stand etc. I found watching videos of other people doing it helped and I’d try to copy that. Once you find a way to get near them without getting hit and you can attack them it became a lot easier. 

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. It took me ages as well. You’re nearly there! Keep going. I never thought it would happen either, they were my last challenge for platinum too.

That's sweet of you to answer!

I finally managed to get it done :) After every fail I quite learned how they were attacking, so I kept waiting at them instead of attacking them, and I used special attack to get rid of Lisa (the one jumping on us). After that I made sure I wasn't facing Mona at any time, and it was quite easy to meet her in the middle and hit her with special attack.

Good thing this is done, now I have got the ps3 game to do, which is pretty similar. Hopefully I will be easier!