How to trade (offer) 12 slot weapons with other players

cris3f

This is so obvious that I can't understand why it's not in the guide or no one posted.

Needed:
- 1 player one who has one or more 12 slot level 30 weapons
- 1 player who wants them and is level 30 with one or more classes
- 1 boosting or discardable dummy account that can be shared by both (as you can only share weapons in offline coop)

Steps
1 - player who will be sharing weapons SHOULD do a backup of the game save, either to the cloud or USB, this way he can recover the given weapons. This is important as weapons are offered and the player giving them will lose them
2 - if the shared account isn't level 30 it must be so make it that level. As an example a player that fully plays in local coop a mission in Master, that is by killing everything and doing all bosses and side missions, will take a idle coop user from level 1 to level 30/17ish. On Legend it goes from level 1 to 30/29ish. Lower ranks will probably suffice to take a dummy from 1 to 30. Doing a complete mission takes from 30 to 45 minutes.
3 - once both accounts are level 30, the player with the level 30 weapon(s) should start a mission drop all these weapons and pick them with the dummy account. Loud and Clear on Pripyat, Ukraineis is a good one since the mission starts inside a gated area. His work is done.
4 - player who will get the weapons plays with previous dummy account, drops the weapons from the dummy and picks them with his main. Presto
5 - player that gave and lost weapons should reload save, everything will be as it was

Limitations:
- you can't share weapons on different difficulties (weapons from hardcore can't be shared to normal and vice versa). Weapons from hardcore can be shared with the same method as above
- you can't share cores (crappy...)

This can be done with lower-level weapons than 30, but level 30 is the more useful anyway so there's no major benefit in doing it for those. The player picking weapons must be same or above rank of the weapons.

The sharing player can do this as many times as he wants (as long as he remembers the backup and restore part...)

And this can be done to share weapons between classes on the same account.

Last, the game is a lot more fun and interesting on Master and Legend, pity very few players here will reach it.

Have fun.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

Gonna get in here first before it starts. This thread should not be used as a request thread asking for weapons to be dropped for them. That qualifies as a "boosting request" and will be removed, or edited out. Use the Gaming Sessions feature for such things.

Please refer to the rules/guidelines page for clarification:

Edited by Stevieboy

Haven’t started this game but am looking forward to it. I’m just curious why you need a middle man (the dummy account) to drop items to and from. Guess I’m just used to the similar duping method in Diablo 3 where you drop to friend then reload the backup save. Good info though and good to know it’s an option.

And if play this on PS5, the backup to Cloud should work, correct? Am used to having convenience of USB on PS4 but wanted to try this on PS5 for the locked 30 FPS.

19 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Haven’t started this game but am looking forward to it. I’m just curious why you need a middle man (the dummy account) to drop items to and from. Guess I’m just used to the similar duping method in Diablo 3 where you drop to friend then reload the backup save. Good info though and good to know it’s an option.

And if play this on PS5, the backup to Cloud should work, correct? Am used to having convenience of USB on PS4 but wanted to try this on PS5 for the locked 30 FPS.

If I remember correctly, you can't share weapons in online co-op, but you can in local offline co-op, so the dummy account is used so people don't have to share the log in details of their main account. This detail should have been mentioned in the main post.

Cloud backups should work the same as USB backups, but you have to watch out for automatic backup uploads overwriting the save you want to keep on the cloud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

If I remember correctly, you can't share weapons in online co-op, but you can in local offline co-op, so the dummy account is used so people don't have to share the log in details of their main account. This detail should have been mentioned in the main post.

Cloud backups should work the same as USB backups, but you have to watch out for automatic backup uploads overwriting the save you want to keep on the cloud.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the answers.

• Like 1