Game Information and Tips

timpurnat

Wow, seriously, nice mini-guide! Very detailed and thorough. This is a game that has always intrigued me, but 250 - 300 hours just due to RNG is a massive no. Seems like most developers have learned from the games of years back and at least let you buy loot boxes for a high-in-game currency that guarantees no duplicate. If this game had that, I'd probably be in. I know you can scrap items but even then, you'd be buying a loot box with a likely duplicate.

This game looks amazing and very well polished. I think I'll try it out on my alternate account for fun. Shame about the RNG, props to those with the Platinum!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Wow, seriously, nice mini-guide! Very detailed and thorough. This is a game that has always intrigued me, but 250 - 300 hours just due to RNG is a massive no. Seems like most developers have learned from the games of years back and at least let you buy loot boxes for a high-in-game currency that guarantees no duplicate. If this game had that, I'd probably be in. I know you can scrap items but even then, you'd be buying a loot box with a likely duplicate.

This game looks amazing and very well polished. I think I'll try it out on my alternate account for fun. Shame about the RNG, props to those with the Platinum!

Thanks!! Yeah, I agree the game looks and plays great, if it wasn't for the RNG stuff the trophy list would be perfect. I only started the game because I can be almost afk and I will be able to be close to my setup a lot during summer. Those boxes are such a scam haha, even when I get something rare from the box it's not what I need xD I really wish you could buy them. What bothers me the most is that performance doesn't give you much XP at all so it's basically pointless playing actively. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Based on information from @timpurnat, I have leveled with a group of 5 peoples. There is no AFK penalty, so basically no need to handle except for one person to start the match. We didn't own the Steam version except for one person, but this wasn't an inconvenience as we didn't have to wear our PSVR helmets to start the match. The familiar map for AFK is Orbital Mine. If the loser keeps the R3-stick fixed either up or down, the match is less likely to be a draw. The basic progress of leveling is is 1 lvl for 4 matches for winners and 1 lvl for 5 matches for losers. If all goes well, we did 10 matches per hour.

In adopting the team competition, teams must be determined only once before the first match. If the number of participants is even, the number of players who receive the victory bonus will be increased by making it a team competition.

The advantage of multiple people working on leveling is that the pure workload per person can be shared. The disadvantage is that everyone has to reboot every time there is a bug, which is described below. There may also be a mental tightness to the RNG.

Bug 1: The game doesn't start
The lobby is divided into two rooms. When you proceed to the forward room, the rule selection occurs after a countdown. However, occasionally the rule selection doesn't start and the game gets stuck. The frequency is once every 0 to 30 games. The number of players is irrelevant for this bug to occur. If one person is removed, the rule selection and the game will start again, but once it happens, the same bug will occur in the next game with a high probability. Therefore, it is basically necessary for everyone to restart the application.

Bug 2: No EXP displayed
If you stay in the same lobby for a long time, the EXP for a match may be displayed as "0 Exp". If this is happening to someone other than yourself, the lvl won't be displayed under the character. This is a condition where the server and local character information is out of sync, but the correct information is stored on the server. After restarting the application, you will see that the character's EXP, lvls, and loot boxes count have been synced. Therefore, you can continue leveling.

Finish line
There are 3 trophies set regarding the reward of the loot box, and leveling is done in order to receive the loot box. The required ones are basically Epic or higher rarities, but I got the impression that the rarities assigned are fixed in units of a few lvls. I don't know the exact number, but for example, Legend is 1 in 50, Epic is 1 in 20, and so on. It is probably not possible to gather the desired items extremely quickly, and most likely the finish line will converge around the lvl450.

Bootcamp Trophy - You're not supposed to be there (Reach 300,000 points in the Bootcamp)

I know it's rare that someone who is susceptible to motion sickness would pick up this game... Leveling a character can be done without wearing a PSVR helmet, but it is very difficult when it comes to this trophy. Please take anti-sickness medication.

Edited by Toryanse
  • Like 2

Just a heads up the PC Steam flat screen version of the game is still working fine. They havent shut it down yet. I'm currently still able to launch private matches with it and continue using the PC boosting method.

EDIT: Finally went offline last night 9/8. It says its under maintence but I think its gone. 1 extra week was cool I guess.

Edited by XpAcErX
  • Like 2