Multiplayer access require Uplay Passport?

I heard that the servers are being shut down September 1st, 2022

I'm trying to get the remaining multiplayer trophies before the servers shut down but every time I select "Multiplayer" from the main menu it tells me I need to activate my UPlay Passport... Does this mean I have to pay more money just to play the multiplayer parts of the games?

Is there any way around this?

12 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

Could you please elaborate this. DO you have a source of information (e.g. link) about games being removed if owned. 

It's fake news started by Ubisoft, who then immediately back-pedalled and clarified that all Single Player content for the PC versions of their games will remain usable after the servers close. They also re-listed everything that was taken down.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 minute ago, Godzilla2806 said:

Hi, could someone help me out with this. Every time I try accessing the in game store to get an online pass, it says "there are no items you can purchase at this time". 

Did you get the game from the same region as your PSN Account? If not, that's your problem, because the game is coded to look for the store in the same region it was released in so will error out if you try to access the store from outside its' country of origin e.g. an EU game can't access the PS store if played on a US account.

• Like 1