100% Platinum Walkthrough & DLC

Optinooby

27 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Bringing my notes over here from the PS4 thread, since this one is more heavily trafficked. I can't believe how much misinformation is out there about this game!

Excellent work on this guide, I've been working my way through mostly unoptimized 100%ing it based on the old guides I can find around the Internet. I think the amount of negative/positive points you get from quests heavily depends on which other quests have been done beforehand, and your relative relationships to factions/companions.

• Most side and main quests tend to be an issue between two factions, so I always put those two faction members in my party for maximum dialogue options. A lot of conversations can be passed without skill checks by having Aphra talk to the Bridge, Petrus talk to Theleme, etc.
  • On the Coin Guard side quest, I tried sneaking into the barracks in disguise, but the lieutenant still recognized and attacked me. You lose -1 CG reputation for that, I'm not sure exactly what the trigger is. Thankfully, the Coin Guard will still join the Alliance if their reputation is Nice, so you can afford the points.
  • Kurt gives +1 Craftsmanship and Aphra gives +1 Science once you advance them to Friendly. Combined with the duplication glitch, this makes both of those skills almost entirely redundant, as you can usually swap them into your party when you need to craft or do alchemy for quest purposes. If you're looking to min/max talents, you can get away with 1 in Vigor (you get +2 from armor/Siora), 2 in Lockpicking (+1 from armor), 1 in Charisma (+2 from cape/Petrus), and 2 in Intuition (+1 from Vasco, the Intuition hat is pre-order DLC). Any spare skills can go into whatever talent lets you drop the companion you like the least. :)

I think it should also be possible to avoid some duplication and overlap between the 5 endings as they're currently written. The conditions seem to be:

1. Spare Constantin. Sidequests don't matter, high king doesn't matter.
  2. Give the crown to Ullan, kill Constantin. Sidequests & alliance doesn't matter.
  3. Give the crown to Derdre, kill Constantin. Sidequests & alliance doesn't matter.
  4. Give the crown to Duncass, kill Constantin, not all sidequests completed.
  5. Give the crown to Duncass, kill Constantin, all sidequests completed. Allegedly, this also requires that Theleme reveal the tablets and change their dogma, and that Dr. Asili goes to trial and is found guilty, and that Aphra is in your party during the trial and execution.

So the smallest amount of overlap would be something like:

• Complete all side quests except for The Face of Egon or The Trial (seen conflicting reports, but it sounds like maybe it doesn't matter).
  • Complete the main quest up until A New High King where you get the crown, but before you give it to anyone.
  • Create Save A.
  • Give the crown to Ullan, speedrun to the end of the game (Island for Sale).
  • Load Save A.
  • Give the crown to Derdre, speedrun to the end of the game (Back to the Roots).
  • Load Save A.
  • Give the crown to Duncass, complete the main quest up to Together for Teer Fradee but don't start it.
  • Create Save B.
  • Speedrun to the end of the game, kill Constantin (A Big Step Towards Peace).
  • Load Save B.
  • Finish the last side quests, continue the main quest to the end of the game right before you enter the final boss.
  • Create Save C.
  • Spare Constantin (New Gods).
  • Load Save C.
  • Kill Constantin (A Better World).

It's a lot of switching around if you want perfect outcomes everywhere, I went with what I did along with my optimisation and it all works out in the end.

I only really use Pretus Charisma bonus and Vasco Intuition bonus, the rest are not really necessary when using the duping and with my routing here.

I go with Vigor first to +2 (+1 from clothing) because there are quite a few shortcuts locked behind it that I use and each level gives you 100 more inventory space. Intuition to +2 next as there are a lot of Intuition options I use and makes plants much more visible, then Vasco takes it to +3. Then Charisma next as that is the next most used for the route.

For the Coin Guard quest, all 3 of you need a Worm Guard Doublet. Unlike the Naut stuff, for this one, similar to the Theleme cellar, you all need the chest piece equipped.

For your better overlapping ending route, that's what I do, but it can be a little more better than what you mention there. You say to not start Together for Teer Fradee on the 2nd to last ending, then do 2nd to last ending, then reload and do last ending. With that, you're actually doing Together for Teer Fradee twice, but you can almost complete Together for Teer Fradee before having to branch out for either ending, meaning only doing that once!!!

Good tips there and for anybody not wanting to follow this walkthrough, you have summed up a lot of the important stuff there in tip format ;)

Edited by Optinooby

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

For the Coin Guard quest, all 3 of you need a Worm Guard Doublet. Unlike the Naut stuff, for this one, similar to the Theleme cellar, you all need the chest piece equipped.

I definitely did this; we walked up to him and he was fooled at first, then halfway through he goes "wait a minute, I recognize you! You're the legate!" and attacks. I couldn't find any info on how to avoid that outcome. The other two lieutenants can be arrested without combat, it's only the one on the top floor.

As for Together for Teer Fradee, I'm not at that point in my game yet, so I'm not sure the exact cutoff point where you have to have already done the alliance-building quests. I will defer to your own testing :P

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I definitely did this; we walked up to him and he was fooled at first, then halfway through he goes "wait a minute, I recognize you! You're the legate!" and attacks. I couldn't find any info on how to avoid that outcome. The other two lieutenants can be arrested without combat, it's only the one on the top floor.

As for Together for Teer Fradee, I'm not at that point in my game yet, so I'm not sure the exact cutoff point where you have to have already done the alliance-building quests. I will defer to your own testing :P

If you had all 3 equipped, then I don't know about that, like you were saying, little choices affect things so maybe it's that. I just with my choices listed above, it won't work if 2 are equipped, but will if 3 are equipped!

Yea I have that leaving Egons Face undone, even if all are friendly, will pop the Big Step trophy. And I forget the exact point that you can complete Together for Teer Fradee up to before you must stop and branch off for either of the 2 Dunncas endings, but it will be shown above.

For the Aphra romance only playthrough, only 2 or 3 MQs need doing to unlock all her 3 quests, they are all listed above.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm following the text guide and platinum ps4 and autopop to ps5. The cumulative trophies, after pop on PS4, I'm just reload autosave and make manual save. Allocate a new attribute point and Unlock the 5 levels of an attribute pop at wrong order. I use the PS4 save already pop Allocate a new attribute point, and reset the point. The Allocate a new attribute point didn't pop and make Unlock the 5 levels of an attribute pop. I tot reset will work, but didn't work and need find the save on ps4 before upgrade the attribute to autopop on ps5.

Thanks for the guide :)

1 hour ago, unknownds said:

I'm following the text guide and platinum ps4 and autopop to ps5. The cumulative trophies, after pop on PS4, I'm just reload autosave and make manual save. Allocate a new attribute point and Unlock the 5 levels of an attribute pop at wrong order. I use the PS4 save already pop Allocate a new attribute point, and reset the point. The Allocate a new attribute point didn't pop and make Unlock the 5 levels of an attribute pop. I tot reset will work, but didn't work and need find the save on ps4 before upgrade the attribute to autopop on ps5.

Yea the allocate a new skill, attribute and talent point cant be triggered again, you need a save from just before the trophies pop. Luckily we have PLENTY of saves here though so its not too much trouble.

What I've done since while working on refining the autopop route a bit more is I loaded the first autopop save (level 1 end of prologue), then went straight to Coin Arena without unlocking anything. I then completed the first 4 challenges which will put you at level 5 so that you can unlock a new talent and the other 2. Then I made an extra save here ready for autopop. with this save, I can also put the talent into science and get the 2 crafting trophies as well.

Yea the crafting trophies wont pop again either!

What I've realised to be safe are the 5 trophies for max unlocking all skills (3), maxing a attribute (1) and maxing a talent (1)! Anything else needs a save before the trigger.

On 12/09/2022 at 2:20 PM, unknownds said:

I just managed to get PS5 100% in 34 minutes, the 2nd fastest is over 1 day XD.

It's going to look mega fake, so guess lucky I've recorded it really, video be up in a few days and I will add it to this guide or have a new thread made

• Like 1

• 6 months later...