The Sentinel Trophy bugged?

BENBRUECK

Hi,

does anyone know if there is a bug in "the sentinel" trophy ?

my extreme survival value is 23.3 and it doesn't increase anymore ?

I tried all the tips I found on the internet:

-planets with red weather description

-planets over 100 degrees

-planets with activated material

-planets in red system

i know i have to survive a day under the weather conditions that counts.

I have already gone through at least 20 planets with these properties.

it just doesn't count anymore that would be my last trophy for platinum

Thanks

Hmm, this was one of the last trophies I obtained but I don’t remember having any issues getting it. 

are you sure you’re not doing something to reset it all the time? You’re not allowed in your exocraft, flying around or swimming for example. I obtained it by staying in a cave. 

If you’re meeting all the requirements, not dying and not doing things that don’t count towards it maybe delete the game and reinstall?

If the stat isn't going up, it means you've died at some point so have to survive that long again on an Extreme world, before it will start going back up. Here's what my Guide on .org has to say :):

Note: 1 Sol = 1 in-game day and each 0.1 Sol = approx 1min 50secs. Also note that these trophies sometimes won't pop until you have survived 0.1 Sol more than the requirement states i.e. 20.1 and 32.1 respectively.

The respective "Longest Lifespan" trophies, will pop once you reach the following milestones:

Milestone Rank 7 - Survived for 20 Sols on an Extreme planet (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Milestone Rank 10 - Survived for 32 Sols on an Extreme planet (The Sentinel)

What does count towards your Survival stats:

- Staying in a cave or similar underground space.
- Staying in a building that is above ground (including Trading Stations - Credit to Naps for this tip).
- Planets with Aggressive Sentinels.

What doesn't count towards your Survival stats:

- Sitting in your Exocraft or Spaceship.
- Swimming on or underwater
- Driving or flying around your chosen Extreme or Aggressive Sentinel planet.
- Parking your Freighter in orbit around your chosen Extreme planet and staying on that for the duration.
- Pausing the game or leaving a menu open.
- Being on-board a derelict Freighter (either in space or on a planet).

You can leave the planet or quit the game at anytime and come back later without affecting your Survival stats but dying will reset the counter to 0 and you will have to restart from scratch. Dying won't reset the stat for the longest period survived but it will reset its sister stat for the current period survived, thus you will have to meet and then exceed your previous record if you want that stat to increase again.

The v3.00 Origins Update added natural disasters to the game e.g. Meteor Showers, Volcanic Eruptions, Tornados, Lightning Storms etc. etc. but all of them have the potential to kill you outright if you're unlucky enough to be caught in one. Due to the hazardous and dangerous nature of Extreme worlds, the safest way to do this trophy is to find a Trading Post or Minor Settlement on a world with Aggressive Sentinels and build a small base there so bring the following materials:

x40 Chromatic Metal (to build a Base Computer)
x4 Metal Plating, x2 Carbon Nanotubes and x40 Sodium (to build a Base Teleport Module)
x2 Metal Plating, x50 Chromatic Metal and x50 Gold (to build a Solar Panel (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to power the Base Teleport Module)
x60 Magnetised Ferrite and x100 Condensed Carbon (to build a Battery (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to store power so the Base Teleport Module will be available 24/7)

Once you have all of the above materials, it's time to locate an Aggressive Sentinel World. These types of world can be found in any Star System so keep Warping to new systems and visiting planets until you find one. You will know if you have found one, because the phrase "Aggressive Sentinels" will appear at the bottom of the Planetary info card:

S9inZ7T.png 

After finding a location that's to your liking, build the above items and put your character somewhere safe then leave the game on in the background whilst you go off and do something else but come back every 20mins to save your game. It will take approx 9hrs to get this trophy, because each Sol lasts for roughly 15-20mins. I recommend changing the "Multiplayer" and "Cross-platform" options in the Network menu, to "Disabled" so you don't get disturbed by any random players who happen to show up.

If you want to go down the route of leaving the game on overnight, plug in your controller to prevent the battery from going flat but also make sure you disable all of the power saving and rest mode options so the PS4 and Controller don't turn themselves off. Note: If you're feeling brave and have sufficiently powerful weapons, you can go looking for a Sentinel Pillar and use the terminal there to shutdown all Sentinel activity on your current planet for a bit (though this will instantly wear off if you save and quit). See this video for more details of how to find a Sentinel Pillar (credit to Scottish Rod for this):

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Hmm, this was one of the last trophies I obtained but I don’t remember having any issues getting it. 

are you sure you’re not doing something to reset it all the time? You’re not allowed in your exocraft, flying around or swimming for example. I obtained it by staying in a cave. 

If you’re meeting all the requirements, not dying and not doing things that don’t count towards it maybe delete the game and reinstall?

Hi

i think i do nothing to reset it.

"it maybe delete the game and reinstall?" ---> good advice ? ...I've done that before with cyberpunk and it worked..  I am trying.. 

thanks?

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If the stat isn't going up, it means you've died at some point so have to survive that long again on an Extreme world, before it will start going back up. Here's what my Guide on .org has to say :):

Note: 1 Sol = 1 in-game day and each 0.1 Sol = approx 1min 50secs. Also note that these trophies sometimes won't pop until you have survived 0.1 Sol more than the requirement states i.e. 20.1 and 32.1 respectively.

The respective "Longest Lifespan" trophies, will pop once you reach the following milestones:

Milestone Rank 7 - Survived for 20 Sols on an Extreme planet (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Milestone Rank 10 - Survived for 32 Sols on an Extreme planet (The Sentinel)

What does count towards your Survival stats:

- Staying in a cave or similar underground space.
- Staying in a building that is above ground (including Trading Stations - Credit to Naps for this tip).
- Planets with Aggressive Sentinels.

What doesn't count towards your Survival stats:

- Sitting in your Exocraft or Spaceship.
- Swimming on or underwater
- Driving or flying around your chosen Extreme or Aggressive Sentinel planet.
- Parking your Freighter in orbit around your chosen Extreme planet and staying on that for the duration.
- Pausing the game or leaving a menu open.
- Being on-board a derelict Freighter (either in space or on a planet).

You can leave the planet or quit the game at anytime and come back later without affecting your Survival stats but dying will reset the counter to 0 and you will have to restart from scratch. Dying won't reset the stat for the longest period survived but it will reset its sister stat for the current period survived, thus you will have to meet and then exceed your previous record if you want that stat to increase again.

The v3.00 Origins Update added natural disasters to the game e.g. Meteor Showers, Volcanic Eruptions, Tornados, Lightning Storms etc. etc. but all of them have the potential to kill you outright if you're unlucky enough to be caught in one. Due to the hazardous and dangerous nature of Extreme worlds, the safest way to do this trophy is to find a Trading Post or Minor Settlement on a world with Aggressive Sentinels and build a small base there so bring the following materials:

x40 Chromatic Metal (to build a Base Computer)
x4 Metal Plating, x2 Carbon Nanotubes and x40 Sodium (to build a Base Teleport Module)
x2 Metal Plating, x50 Chromatic Metal and x50 Gold (to build a Solar Panel (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to power the Base Teleport Module)
x60 Magnetised Ferrite and x100 Condensed Carbon (to build a Battery (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to store power so the Base Teleport Module will be available 24/7)

Once you have all of the above materials, it's time to locate an Aggressive Sentinel World. These types of world can be found in any Star System so keep Warping to new systems and visiting planets until you find one. You will know if you have found one, because the phrase "Aggressive Sentinels" will appear at the bottom of the Planetary info card:

S9inZ7T.png 

After finding a location that's to your liking, build the above items and put your character somewhere safe then leave the game on in the background whilst you go off and do something else but come back every 20mins to save your game. It will take approx 9hrs to get this trophy, because each Sol lasts for roughly 15-20mins. I recommend changing the "Multiplayer" and "Cross-platform" options in the Network menu, to "Disabled" so you don't get disturbed by any random players who happen to show up.

If you want to go down the route of leaving the game on overnight, plug in your controller to prevent the battery from going flat but also make sure you disable all of the power saving and rest mode options so the PS4 and Controller don't turn themselves off. Note: If you're feeling brave and have sufficiently powerful weapons, you can go looking for a Sentinel Pillar and use the terminal there to shutdown all Sentinel activity on your current planet for a bit (though this will instantly wear off if you save and quit). See this video for more details of how to find a Sentinel Pillar (credit to Scottish Rod for this):

"If the stat isn't going up, it means you've died at some point so have to survive that long again on an Extreme world, before it will start going back up." ---->

WTF ?... yes, i died because my ship got stuck in a freighter and i couldn't get out..the shield broke and i die...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO..

I have to try to do it again blindly, so to speak, because my counter is stuck at 23.3 and if I exceed the value, do I see the progress again?

(sorry for my english)

F$CK

Thanks a lot

3 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@HuntingFever has given some really informative and helpful advice, but it sounds like effort ? if you’re lazy like me and don’t want to put any effort in just stay in a cave ? 

for the 23.3 i sat in one of the two rooms/buildings outside of a base.. that also counted ?

12 minutes ago, BENBRUECK said:

"If the stat isn't going up, it means you've died at some point so have to survive that long again on an Extreme world, before it will start going back up." ---->

WTF 1f621.png... yes, i died because my ship got stuck in a freighter and i couldn't get out..the shield broke and i die...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO..

I have to try to do it again blindly, so to speak, because my counter is stuck at 23.3 and if I exceed the value, do I see the progress again?

(sorry for my english)

F$CK

Thanks a lot

for the 23.3 i sat in one of the two rooms/buildings outside of a base.. that also counted 1f60a.png

Once you've survived another 23.3 Sols, the counter will start increasing again after hitting 23.4 Sols :).

Noooooooooooo

I've calculated it.. about 7 hours of progress

now I have to hope that I'll be on the right planet for another 7 hours

and all because of that fu$$ing freighter ?

I have 80 hours in session and only died once

I don't have any other saves either

pray for me ? ?

thanks you two ?

have a nice day

Leave it running overnight so you don’t have to spend anymore time on it. I can’t remember if you actually need to be present? Does his health go down or anything? If you can just leave it running while you do something else. Hate spending gaming time just waiting around. 

13 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Leave it running overnight so you don’t have to spend anymore time on it. I can’t remember if you actually need to be present? Does his health go down or anything? If you can just leave it running while you do something else. Hate spending gaming time just waiting around. 

You can AFK this trophy but because of how unstable this game can be at times, it's not recommended. Also, your life support doesn't decrease whilst you're standing still so isn't an issue.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1