What's the recommended keyboard/adapter setup for PS5?

The guide states to use keyboard over a DS4 controller.  I'm assuming this is still the case for PS5?  What's the best setup money can buy for PS5?  I.e. what adapter and keyboard (or dedicated) controller should I purchase to make life easier for myself.  Thanks.

Using a keyboard over DS4 is totally optional and not required. Sure it's easier to play double-speed characters with the keyboard but can also be done with a controller and there are people who completed it with a controller. Any keyboard and adapter SHOULD work on the ps4/5 and can get the job done. Some might recommend XIM4 adapter and a mechanical keyboard for better durability. If you're using the keyboard solely for necrodancer then again any keyboard should work ( I bought DOXC adapter and the cheapest keyboard from a local store) and completed several Coda runs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

Using a keyboard over DS4 is totally optional and not required. Sure it's easier to play double-speed characters with the keyboard but can also be done with a controller and there are people who completed it with a controller. Any keyboard and adapter SHOULD work on the ps4/5 and can get the job done. Some might recommend XIM4 adapter and a mechanical keyboard for better durability. If you're using the keyboard solely for necrodancer then again any keyboard should work ( I bought DOXC adapter and the cheapest keyboard from a local store) and completed several Coda runs.

I believe I was looking into buying XIM at one point, but then found out online it's not compatible with PS5, so I gave up on the idea.  Have they fixed that yet?

Tried looking into buying it now and it seems like it's either out of production or discontinued.  You can't get it new anywhere.  Can I just plug in a regular USB keybaord into a PS5 and play that way?

Edited by Eternal21

On 7/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, MohandGamer7 said:

No, you can't otherwise we won't be talking about any adapter. The game doesn't support keyboard so the adapter is like a cheat way.

I'm actually thinking about making my own controller for this, by modding a PS5 controller via a little break-out board like the one pictured below.  The only downside is that you can only use it for D-Pad keys, and SQUARE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, CROSS buttons.  There is no support for L1/R1, L2/R2 or L3/R3 buttons.  Those would require some invasive mods/soldering.  Do you know which buttons are needed to play the game? 

N88v2Cv.png

Edited by Eternal21

• 2 weeks later...

I recently cleared Coda. You can definitely get the needed equipment on a low budget. My keyboard is "Turbo-X Horus RGB II" and my adapter is "Spirit of Gamer Cross Game 2 Adapter" (the red one, the blue one doesn't have a headphone jack). There is a slight input lag but with enough practice it's no issue, you can also calibrate the latency in-game to make up for it. I got mine at 120 when playing double tempo and 20 when playing normally. I think I paid 50€ in total.

Edited by SlienTheCake

On 26.7.2022 at 9:08 PM, Eternal21 said:

I believe I was looking into buying XIM at one point, but then found out online it's not compatible with PS5, so I gave up on the idea.  Have they fixed that yet?

The XIM and  all other keyboard + mouse adapters are not compatible with PS5 games on PS5, but compatible with PS4 games on PS5.

And even for PS5 games on PS5 there seems to be a workaround: Use a Titan 2 together with a XIM.