Wii U vs Xbox One Sales Numbers: Is The Wii U Really A Failure?

ExHaseo

As much fun as it is being ganged up on by the same two people all the time who, only spout overly biased opinions without any real research done, I'm done here. I'm entirely too lazy to point out everything wrong with the things that have been said, and you guys wouldn't listen anyway.

You said it yourself "people don't care" and I don't think "caring" is quantifiable. And opinions by definition are biased.

In the end, we're all doing the same thing here, which is educated guesswork, including the "research" articles you posted. They are drawing conclusions with a specific bias in mind, as is the tone of your own argument. Pot, meet kettle.

You're attempting to draw parallels between a system that has been launched for 15 months and one that's only been out for 3. Target audiences are different. Release schedules are different. Third-party support is different. System capabilities are different. Network infrastructure is different. Supply chains are different...yada yada yada.

By Nintendo's own benchmarks (you can refer to any number of articles if you need research, here's a reputable source), the Wii U is a resounding failure. How that relates to the alleged failure of the XB1 a season after the most successful console launches in history is beyond my comprehension. 15 months is long enough to extrapolate trend data, 3 month is not. Here's some data to back that up (note the second graph).

Don't be too hasty to plot the same course for the XB1. The problem for the XB1 and PS4 is limited supply. The Wii U's problem is limited demand.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

Except the part where Titanfall will also be on 360 and PC, which will definitely pull away from sales significantly. The type of person that obsesses over Halo and CoD are usually pretty cheap, and probably won't be willing to shell out $500 to play it. I know I'm not, I'm just getting it on PC.

You know the amount of people that bought a X1 or PS4 just for COD, Battlefield or some sports games? A disgusting amount of people, more then should be allowed. What's even worse, in most of these cases the people already owned the game. That's right, they spent hundreds to play a game they ALREADY OWNED with slightly better graphics and a new controller.

The standard person these days are pretty retarded.

As for it being on 360, that isn't till two months after the X1/PC versions release and lets factor in that we know nothing of the 360 version and plenty of people don't even know it's for the 360. (I didn't till a few months after E3.)

You'll see a huge burst in sales come a couple weeks from now.

As much fun as it is being ganged up on by the same two people all the time who, only spout overly biased opinions without any real research done, I'm done here. I'm entirely too lazy to point out everything wrong with the things that have been said, and you guys wouldn't listen anyway.

I actually really like this video which kind of showcases what is wrong with Nintendo and Mario :)

Wait till the new Super Smash comes out a know a lot of people that would buy it just for that game and i am too also for Zelda games and Mario Party games 

Absolutely, but it's a year or two too late to 'save' the Wii U. They've lost all momentum and third-party publishers now have zero interest in the platform.

That restricts Wii U sales to Nintendo first-party titles only, which they were trying to avoid this generation to broaden the userbase. Ninty successfully achieved that last generation with the Wii Remote, but it ain't gonna happen this time around. That means Nintendo needs a strong catalogue of first-party titles, but as usual, they're drip-feeding one or two good games a year and filling the gaps with shovelware.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1