Pre-Season Rewards

coldspectre

14 hours ago, coldspectre said:

I bought Season 1 pass thinking all the rewards would be included but I noticed the 'That's all folks' ringout is missing. Can this never be earned anymore along with anything else that was a reward from before?

Possibly if they put it in the item shop whenever that comes to the game. If they end up going that route. Majority of games that have a pass, the pass stuff is exclusive to said battle pass. Only game I've played that the pass stuff is available at a MUCH later date is Dead By Daylight, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 4:01 AM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Possibly if they put it in the item shop whenever that comes to the game. If they end up going that route. Majority of games that have a pass, the pass stuff is exclusive to said battle pass. Only game I've played that the pass stuff is available at a MUCH later date is Dead By Daylight, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

apex legends does it too

I doubt many people will agree with me when I say this, but I really despise Battle Passes for multiple reasons.

One thing I really despise about these Battle Passes is that the rarity of your item you earn has nothing to do with rarity. Like you can earn an epic ringout just for levelling up a couple times in the battle pass, so 99% of the people who buy the pass will already have that item. I miss the lootbox days where the rarity of the item you earn was dependant on luck, and so as a result only a few people might have that super rare skin or background instead of every single player having it!

I also hate when things are locked behind a paywall. Everything should be available to buy with ingame currency, including Battle Passes. Even if they charge 50,000 coins to buy a battle pass or something like that, it should be an option.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I miss the lootbox days where the rarity of the item you earn was dependant on luck, and so as a result only a few people might have that super rare skin or background instead of every single player having it!

I'm not the type of person that throws a tantrum over a game that does include loot boxes but FUUUUUUCK loot boxes. I don't mind if they're in a game but I'm happy when they're not. Loot boxes in a majority of games are designed to be predatory and you end up wasting money on stuff you don't want.

The pricing in this game is mostly fine. They should lower the price on both The Animated Series Batman skin and the gold Superman (both are pretty simple retextures of the base models of the characters and shouldn't cost over $10, when more intricate costume models cost less) along with a general price cut to all the ring-outs but otherwise everything else is fine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I'm not the type of person that throws a tantrum over a game that does include loot boxes but FUUUUUUCK loot boxes. I don't mind if they're in a game but I'm happy when they're not. Loot boxes in a majority of games are designed to be predatory and you end up wasting money on stuff you don't want.

The pricing in this game is mostly fine. They should lower the price on both The Animated Series Batman skin and the gold Superman (both are pretty simple retextures of the base models of the characters and shouldn't cost over $10, when more intricate costume models cost less) along with a general price cut to all the ring-outs but otherwise everything else is fine.

The pricing in this game is totally not fine. Nobody should have to spend $60+ just to get 5 skins. For people wanting to get everything, they'll be spending hundreds of dollars on battle passes until they release the in-game store.

And at least with lootboxes though it makes rare items actually "rare" and more prestigious to have! And you can unlock items with in-game currency and not just your own money (which is currently what this game has until the store launches). In all the years with the Call of Duty lootboxes, I have never spent even a single dollar of real money on them and still managed to get the items I wanted.

It's also not the same when every single player with the battle pass has the same Epic skins. Nobody stands out with rare items because rarity is not a factor in battle passes.