Questions about Grounded

GigaZettaSlow

So, I just beat the game on Normal and I'm debating 1) whether or not I even want to bother with Grounded and 2) if I do go for Grounded, whether to do NG+ Survivor > reverse NG+ Grounded or just NG+ Grounded to save me a playthrough.

Exactly how tough is Grounded? Probably not a great comparison but after reading on the Uncharted's Brutal difficulties, I just outright avoided them. And they're listed as 9/10 while Grounded is listed as 6/10 in difficulty from the guides, but I don't know how much of that 6/10 is based on the infinite shiv glitch. Is Grounded just Survivor but slightly tougher? I managed to Plat the PS3 version ages ago so I'm sure I could probably handle a minor difficulty increase.

Are the amount of parts/supplements nerfed in Grounded? Since I'm heading into NG+, I don't have maxed weapon/Joel upgrades and obviously want to work towards those as well. I maxed out Health/Weapon Sway/Shiv Master but nothing on Crafting/Healing Speed if that factors into whether it's a good idea to jump right into Grounded.

On Grounded mode the Revolver, 9mm, Bow and the Rifle deal more damage. Revolver can one-hit kill humans, same for the Rifle, the 9mm only takes 2 shots instead of 3 to kill and the bow always kills in 1 hit (on other difficulties the bow only kills in one hit when you're in stealth mode or headshot). 

The parts and supplements stay the same for every difficulty. Supplies like alcohol, rags, etc. are WAY more scarce though. 

Grounded also turns off the HUD but you can still check how much ammo you have via dpad when you switch weapons.

I'd say if you were able to beat Survivor, you can manage to beat Grounded as well ?

Grounded is how the game should be experienced. There are only a few tricky parts on grounded but nothing is head bashingly hard and if you get stuck you could always look up a guide  Enemies was always spawned in the same place in remastered version and I expect it’s the same in the remake. I say go for it and have a blast.

Knowing Sony you might as well backup a save just before you beat grounded on NG+ because they will probably release DLC trophies requiring a playthrough of the game on the hardest difficulty and on NG+ like they’ve done with so many first party games. 

Edited by Quink666

18 hours ago, GigaZettaSlow said:

So, I just beat the game on Normal and I'm debating 1) whether or not I even want to bother with Grounded and 2) if I do go for Grounded, whether to do NG+ Survivor > reverse NG+ Grounded or just NG+ Grounded to save me a playthrough.

Exactly how tough is Grounded? Probably not a great comparison but after reading on the Uncharted's Brutal difficulties, I just outright avoided them. And they're listed as 9/10 while Grounded is listed as 6/10 in difficulty from the guides, but I don't know how much of that 6/10 is based on the infinite shiv glitch. Is Grounded just Survivor but slightly tougher? I managed to Plat the PS3 version ages ago so I'm sure I could probably handle a minor difficulty increase.

Are the amount of parts/supplements nerfed in Grounded? Since I'm heading into NG+, I don't have maxed weapon/Joel upgrades and obviously want to work towards those as well. I maxed out Health/Weapon Sway/Shiv Master but nothing on Crafting/Healing Speed if that factors into whether it's a good idea to jump right into Grounded.

It's about as tough as you make it.  The game is meant for grounded difficulty if you want to play a video game.  If you just want a interactive movie then play it on easy.  It's so much fun on grounded that you honestly probably won't think it's that tough once you're finished.  the game has several sections that are really hard and if you get stuck there are plenty of guides to reference to see how to get through areas.  Many difficult sections, you can just run through to trigger the nest area.  It was one of my favorite experiences as a gamer playing this game on grounded.  Don't skip it.  Good luck and have fun!