Difficulty Trophies

RanAsakawa

Hi people! I’m sorry in advance if this was aleeady asked. I played the game on PS3 and I did the DLC on the the Remastered, but now I want start a new game of the main story. My question is: if I play the first run on Easy and then I do the New Game+ on Grounded, will I be able to unlock “No Matter What” on Normal, Hard, Survivor and Grounded in addition to Easy+, Nornal+, Hard+, Survivor+ and Grounded+? Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor English ?

EDIT: About the item spawn exploit: do I have to do it more times or once I’ve done it once the game will show the supplies like I’m on Easy even tough I’m on Grounded for the rest of the run?

Edited by RanAsakawa
  • Like 1

Hey,

You can start a new game plus on the same difficulty after beating the game once.

I know there is an exploit for playing on NG+ right from the start and getting all the difficulty related trophies upon completing the game.

personally I never played on Grounded Mode, so I only have Survivor+ and all the other difficulty trophies below that.

• Like 1

I have experience on this. I made a normal playthrough to unlock the new game plus modes on my previous account, but once I finished the normal difficulty it gave me the maximum mode on normal game plus. I suggest starting the game on ground mode to unlock for game plus. You played previous so it must not be that hard for you.

Edited by Remain-Vigilant
  • Like 1

Yes, the difficulty trophies do stack. ? You can do a story/collectible run on Easy, and then a Survivor+ or Grounded+ run to pop all the difficulty related trophies and clean up anything you have left. It’s been awhile since I played this, but in order to unlock Survivor/Gounded+ you may have to use a quick exploit that allows you to go straight to this mode after beating the game once. The guide should have more details on how that works.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Yes, the difficulty trophies do stack. 1f642.png You can do a story/collectible run on Easy, and then a Survivor+ or Grounded+ run to pop all the difficulty related trophies and clean up anything you have left. It’s been awhile since I played this, but in order to unlock Survivor/Gounded+ you may have to use a quick exploit that allows you to go straight to this mode after beating the game once. The guide should have more details on how that works.

I'm already halfway through the game on Grounded and really struggling. Should I just start over on Easy then go to Grounded +?

26 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

I'm already halfway through the game on Grounded and really struggling. Should I just start over on Easy then go to Grounded +?

I found it very helpful to have prior knowledge of levels and enemy encounters from prior playthroughs on easier difficulties with listen mode available, especially which encounters can be done stealthily and which will require lots of ammo. If you're already over halfway done though it should be doable because you'll have more weapons and upgrades for the tough encounters later in the game. I remember the checkpoints being pretty forgiving, so don't be afraid to experiment during encounters to see if you can get through without killing everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

That’s really up to you and whether or not you’re willing to sacrifice the time you’ve already put in. But generally I agree with @materialghost47 that starting over on Easy will make your life much easier when you return to Grounded+ later on. Not only will you be familiar with the levels, enemy layouts, item caches etc. but your weapon upgrades will carry over making things a lot easier.

One thing I can say is that Grounded mode in TLoU is a very different experience. If you restart, you’ll see that on Easy mode you have an abundance of supplies and can handle combat encounters however you wish and never really find yourself in danger. Grounded mode is really tough and forces you to really pay attention to your surroundings and ration out your limited supplies and ammunition, and to rely on stealth and melee kills as much as possible. There will be a lot of tense situations where you’ll be hanging on by a thread! You should always save all your big weapons (ie. Molotovs, bombs) for tougher enemies like bloaters or the really overwhelming encounters that happen later in the game. Trust me, you’ll need em!

I’m sure you have a sense of the difficulty already, but it will be much easier once you’ve run through the game on a lower difficulty and are more familiar with all the chapters. Restarting is probably a good idea if you’re not to far yet. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm just going to push on with Grounded. I don't want the 9 hours I've put in to be a waste and I don't want to untrain my brain to play more carefully and conservatively. Currently the encounter in the financial district is kicking my ass though. I stealth the first 7 guys and get my ass handed to me by the 2nd wave of guys with molotovs and shotguns. 

• Like 1