Question about the different versions of the game

Vern3r0z

I was thinking, if i get two ps3's to boost some of the online stuff (AWP and Wanted with the happines island thing) does the second player need the main game, or is it enough to just have the episodes from liberty city dlc disc? I read somwhere that you can play online with that too and both dlc is needed for the happines island DM.

And also is the DLC on the complete edition/episodes from liberty city like the ones you install to your ps3 or do you play them only from the disc? So could i get 1 complete edition for my main account and 1 base game and use the complete edition to install the DLC to the secondary accounts ps3?

@ProfBambam55 I thought that i would add you since you seem to be the golden god of this game.

Edited by Vern3r0z

my profile is private so tagging is good...will send you an fr on psn and we could go from there...

on topic...I'll try to be concise...

if you have one complete edition disc you will need any of the following to boost wanted only:

an eflc disc or digital...

another complete edition disc or digital...

if you want to boost all trophies you will need:

eflc disc or digital & vanilla disc or digital...

the eflc disc or complete editions are not DLC downloads...you have to have the disc in your ps3 to play them...does that make sense?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

37 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

my profile is private so tagging is good...will send you an fr on psn and we could go from there...

on topic...I'll try to be concise...

if you have one complete edition disc you will need any of the following to boost wanted only:

an eflc disc or digital...

if you want to boost all trophies you will need:

eflc disc or digital & vanilla disc or digital...

the eflc disc or complete editions are not DLC downloads...you have to have the disc in your ps3 to play them...does that make sense?...

Thanks for the response, i added you on psn. I was planning to do the gta 4 plat as my 450th milestone plat, and i am currtenly at 441 plats, so it might take some time yet to get to the gta. But if you want i can get the game probably by next weeks wednesday and i could do the online portion without going for the plat yet to get it out of the way,

Also if you have to have the disc in your ps3 and its not downloadable from the disc, then how can you play the dlc or the main game with the same account? or do you have to switch the disks when you want to do a certain part of the online and wanted is done with a different disk?

Edited by Vern3r0z

the complete edition has a menu where you switch between vanilla, tlad and tbogt...otherwise yes, you have to switch versions, disc and/or digtal, from vanilla to dlc and vice versa...your psn account carries over across all versions' and regions' trophies although each version has their own set of save files...think of eflc as standalone dlc...

as for the other stuff, we'll talk over pm on psn...best to keep the thread on topic...

• Like 2