Broken Trophies!!

ValkerianCreator

I think it's pretty obvious, just by looking at the numbers, that the Theta Wave Surfer trophy (finish 10 Calm Tripps) doesn't work. The 0.3% of people that have it at PSN surely cheated or hacked the thing. I even contacted the developer's customer service email to see if they would fix it, and their email communications staff said they would work on it. However, they NEVER fixed it, even after the last update that fixed other graphical bugs (not the trophies).

The one I want to give a big warning about is the one that isn't obvious at all because it takes forever, so most players won't even use Tripp that much: complete 400 runs (spiritual gangster trophy). I know there are problems with most of the trophies here because the others didn't pop out for me at the exact number of runs. The one for 50 showed up at 54, and the one for 200 at 205 I think. However, the one for 400 tripps didn't pop and I'm pretty sure I am way beyond 400 runs done by now. The iphone app even says 510 for me, but I have quitted many along the way (probably 50), so that's not an accurate number. It's still way beyond 400 for my completed runs however. Therefore, the 400 runs trophy is broken too. It could take 2 more runs for it to pop up, or, it might never pop up. I simply don't know.

Obviously, I like the ultra rare trophies, so this is a major annoyance. Although this is the best vr meditation app in psvr by far, I want to warn those of you that go after the trophies that there are problems with them in this game. And it doesn't look like the developer will do anything to fix them.

Edited by ValkerianCreator

• 4 months later...

So, after a couple of months without using Tripp, I went back to look at the new content (which isn't much, it's just a few new real locations and 2 new virtual locations, one in Calm trip and the other in Focus trip)... And guess what happened ... The 400 tripps trophy pops up! I didn't even run any focus/calm trip at all. I was just browsing the menus and the photos of the locations and it happened. Clearly, there are major problems with the trophies in this game. ?

On 1/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, HuntingFever said:

Have you managed to get Psychonaut and Theta Wave Surfer as well or are they still unobtainable?

No, but based on what happened with the last trophy I am pretty sure that Psychonaut must be obtainable too. The problem is that it will pop up when it feels like it, even if you have the 500 trips done, because the game has problems with giving trophies at the right time. Theta Wave Surfer (finish 10 calm trips), on the other hand, seems unobtainable. If we look at the psn percentages (0.6% for Psychonaut and 0.3% for Theta wave surfer) that already says that it's likely that Psychonaut is obtainable. The 0.3% from the other one can be the % of people that cheated to get all the trophies. If you check Tripp (ps4) at other trophy websites that don't filter out the cheaters, you are going to see that there are 2 or 3 players that got all the trophies for this game at the same time (cheating obviously) and psn still counts them in its trophy percentages. Therefore, I will assume that the Theta wave trophy is broken or unobtainable, and Psychonaut is doable, but don't count on it showing up at the right time. Expect that it will take hours for it to pop up all of a sudden after the 500 trips are done. That's what happened with "spiritual gangster" for me. I probably have 460 trips done at this point and it decided to show up now, when I wasn't even doing any trip. I was just surfing the menus and the 400 trips trophy appeared.

8 minutes ago, ValkerianCreator said:

No, but based on what happened with the last trophy I am pretty sure that Psychonaut must be obtainable too. The problem is that it will pop up when it feels like it, even if you have the 500 trips done, because the game has problems with giving trophies at the right time. Theta Wave Surfer (finish 10 calm trips), on the other hand, seems unobtainable. If we look at the psn percentages (0.6% for Psychonaut and 0.3% for Theta wave surfer) that already says that it's likely that Psychonaut is obtainable. The 0.3% from the other one can be the % of people that cheated to get all the trophies. If you check Tripp (ps4) at other trophy websites that don't filter out the cheaters, you are going to see that there are 2 or 3 players that got all the trophies for this game at the same time (cheating obviously) and psn still counts them in its trophy percentages. Therefore, I will assume that the Theta wave trophy is broken or unobtainable, and Psychonaut is doable, but don't count on it showing up at the right time. Expect that it will take hours for it to pop up all of a sudden after the 500 trips are done. That's what happened with "spiritual gangster" for me. I probably have 460 trips done at this point and it decided to show up now, when I wasn't even doing any trip. I was just surfing the menus and the 400 trips trophy appeared.

Thank you for the info, I'll file a PSNP+ report now - please keep me informed of the situation :).

• 10 months later...

I sent a message about these two trophies and the one that is bugged as well (Theta Surfer) to the devs and they replied 

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing in, and for providing the screenshots! I will send all of this information to our dev team to have them look into this issue for you. Thank you for your time and patience while we look into getting this resolved for you. I will reach back out once I hear back from the team.

All the best,

Cassandra

Maybe if more people bug them about it they will fix something. This is their support email: [email protected]

• Like 2