Does Daulshock 4/5 controller work?

Rakanthukair1010

2 hours ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Anyone know if playing the ps3 version with a ps4/5 controller works or not? Are there any small features that dont work using ds4/5? Couldn't find any info on this online.

I'm pretty sure you can use a PS4 controller, but I can't say the same about a PS5 controller compatibility... I don't know.

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Ok thanks, usually if you can use a ps4 controller then ps5 works also, ive never heard of a case where one works but not the other, 

Hi, then did you try it? I plan to try the Akumu difficulty but my PS3 controller literally sucks.

Edited by Manilu-08

10 hours ago, Manilu-08 said:

No no, don't bother. I will try it on my own when I play it, I was asking so much to know but not to try on purpose for me.

I just remembered i had messaged some of the recent players back in october asking them, one of them replied and told me it is playable witha ds4/5. I can't personally confirm it but it should work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kitrow said:

I can confirm DS4 works. But if you stay idle for 10 min it will shut down and you will have to restart the game, because :ps: button doesnt seem to do anything.

You will have your power settings to turn controllers off in 10min. Just disable it. One of the latest PS3 firmwares messed something up where if the DS4 turns off via power save it can make the DS4 unresponsive. 

On 7/5/2023 at 4:51 PM, BlueFoxYOT said:

There is an adapter that lets you use Dualsense /Dualshock 4 with the ps3 full compatibility wirelessly, Better than the native support its called Brook Wingman XE 2

Hey, How exactly does this work?

And are you sure it works with all ps3 games? Even with those that only work with the daulshock 3?