Wizard101 possible console release?

Taruta13

As a fan of the popular MMO based in my home state, Texas, I heard rumors of Wizard101 getting launchers ported so you could play that game on the Playstation consoles and Nintendo Switch. FFXIV proved that having a trophy list for an MMO was possible, even one which many new updates, so I was wondering - am I the only one who would go for a platinum trophy on Wizard101 if it came out for the PS4 or PS5? (I own a few sub-accounts on the game.) Anyone who knows about this game, please give your thoughts.

• Like 2

Well, now that KingsIsle is a subsidary of Gamigo, there might be a chance. I know I'm sounding delusional but I think they could sell more subs if they put it on console, since FFXIV sold so well as it's a MMO with console versions. (I am toying with reinvoking my FFXIV just to get the PS4 platinum on this account as my 100th plat, just because I really enjoyed FFXIV. The only reason I canceled my sub was because I realized I wasn't playing the game. :P)

Maybe we need to send Gamigo a fake trophy list to show them that trophy hunters are easily swayed into buying their game. xD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I would definitely go for the platinum. Been playing this game since it came out and still come back now and again to play it every so often. I’d play much more if it was on console so hopefully it does end up coming one way or another.

1 minute ago, arkhcam said:

I would definitely go for the platinum. Been playing this game since it came out and still come back now and again to play it every so often. I’d play much more if it was on console so hopefully it does end up coming one way or another.

Yeah, I was off and on it as well, actually got to Polaris on two characters. The stories of the villains almost put FFXIV's story to shame. However, Wizard101 did not get big until Gamigo acquired them. I know Gamigo gets a lot of flak for making bankrupt MMOs that never get very far because they suck(Fiesta Online) but KingsIsle is a dedicated group like Square-Enix is and I am sure that if Yoshida can field a vision like Final Fantasy XVI, then I'm sure the guys at KingsIsle can make Wizard101 multi-platform. They just need to fix the paywall issue.