I'm banging my head against the wall

PineConesRULE

I'm approaching 45 hours here, and I'm only 80% done with the game. I only went back to complete it because of the servers shutting down. I literally got them all down to the wire, hours before the servers went down and I'm proud of that. But AC3 is cruel demanding demon with its trophy list. Not hard, really. But so freaking time consuming! I spend more time fast traveling and watching Connor stand in the animus. I can't give up because I have just a couple trophies left. The weekend is approaching and I'm hoping to finish this beast once and for all. 

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you're a trophy hunter and you're eager to play or replay this and go for that platinum. Take the guide seriously, or play on a burner account to just play it without the sensation to earn the trophies, because I indeed did not. I've platinumed 3 AC games now and I always forget how long and demanding they can be. Lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I platinumed AC2 twice, ac unity once and did all the achievements on odyssey on steam. I'm currently going through AC3 on ps3 and honestly it is not as bad or mundane as collecting all chests on unity, or having to collect all feathers on AC2 without an in game map, but I see where you're coming from, all AC games are a huge grind. Having youtube in the background is a must lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, cy1999aek_maik said:

I platinumed AC2 twice, ac unity once and did all the achievements on odyssey on steam. I'm currently going through AC3 on ps3 and honestly it is not as bad or mundane as collecting all chests on unity, or having to collect all feathers on AC2 without an in game map, but I see where you're coming from, all AC games are a huge grind. Having youtube in the background is a must lol

Yeah, I've platinumed the Ezio collection and IMO they weren't nearly as bad. Sure, Brotherhood was a slog, despite being the superior game. I wound up giving up because I was no longer having fun. As much as I love trophy hunting, once I'm despising it or considering it a chore. I know it's time to move on. And I've happily done so, earning other plats since

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've platinumed something like 15 AC games. I think most of the ones I haven't are the ones that require multiplayer. Though I can easily see why players think the AC games have gotten exponentially longer. I got the AC 2 plat in 3 weeks, while AC Valhalla plat took more than 10 months and around 500+ hours. Yes, it doesn't take that long, but I really enjoyed the game play. There's a reason that AC Odyssey is called Odyssey. It took Odysseus 10 years to return home from the Trojan War and you'll spend that much time playing a modern AC game.

• Like 4