Multiplayer servers are still up!

I wonder what actually got shutdown, I guess the link to unlocking stuff from the old Ubisoft services? Leaderboards should be on PSN. I wonder if our Brotherhood multiplayer data is also stored on PSN or if it was stored on a combination of Ubisoft server and local save data. (i.e. it saves the data to your console but also simultaneously uploads it to their server and every time you boot up the multiplayer mode it checks to see which version has the older data and loads that one so a new console would get your old uploaded data.)

If someone wants to check the later, try booting up your account on a PS3 that has never played Brotherhood before and see if all your multiplayer stuff is still there.

Third option is they just forgot to turn off the server.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcnichoj said:

I wonder what actually got shutdown, I guess the link to unlocking stuff from the old Ubisoft services? Leaderboards should be on PSN. I wonder if our Brotherhood multiplayer data is also stored on PSN or if it was stored on a combination of Ubisoft server and local save data. (i.e. it saves the data to your console but also simultaneously uploads it to their server and every time you boot up the multiplayer mode it checks to see which version has the older data and loads that one so a new console would get your old uploaded data.)

If someone wants to check the later, try booting up your account on a PS3 that has never played Brotherhood before and see if all your multiplayer stuff is still there.

Third option is they just forgot to turn off the server.

I'm not sure, apparently a few other games were still up too, I don't know if the DLC has been delisted as I hadn't checked, but I am trying to get the Brotherhood trophies before it might get shut down but I am not sure if I will be successful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...