Minerals??

Hulsinator1

Does anyone know what is considered a mineral.  I am working on mining, just so happen had a daily duty to sell 1 mineral.  Sold 1 of everything I considered a mineral and I couldn't get it to reward me.

This got me questioning the miner trophy, any ideas would be a great help, thanks!

• Like 1

Minerals are gems

You have to keep mining and hoping they you get one

Sometimes it's clear the rock contains a gem cause you can see it, but you can also get them in a rock where they don't show

mining tip: take a buddy with you that you gave the mining skill, this way you can often get an extra gem

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mika8276 said:

Minerals are gems

You have to keep mining and hoping they you get one

Sometimes it's clear the rock contains a gem cause you can see it, but you can also get them in a rock where they don't show

mining tip: take a buddy with you that you gave the mining skill, this way you can often get an extra gem

This.

But also I would add that despite mining buddies giving you an extra gem, it doesn't count as mining another gem.

If a quest says "Mine 20 Garnets" You need to remove them from the rock yourself, but if it says "Sell 20 Garnets" then the buddy can actually be helpful.

Also, for the trophy "Miner" it says to "Claim the reward for the "Mine 1,800 times" task".... that task doesn't actually exist. It wants you to mine 1800 gems.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For me at least - Mining/Collecting Onyx didn't count, it had to be any other of the gems.

The rarer burst of the red coloured ones, can count as multiples from one rock - providing you pick them up before they vanish (same with fishing and harvesting).

I ran 20 rocks in a loop: Plaza -> Meadows -> Glade of Trust -> Beach -> Meadows -> Plaza

- Start at the house in the Plaza

- Mine the 3 on the Western wall,

- Head to the Meadows

- Mine the 2 on the left as you go down the ramp

- Mine the 2 by Merlin's house

- Head to Glade ramp closest to the beach, to do a clockwise loop

- Mine the 1 between the Glade and beach ramps

- Mine the 2 in the Southern section of Glade

- Head to the Western part for the 1 in the middle of the very west

- Go to the North West corner for that 1

- Then East to the 1 near the pond and other entrance to the Meadow (that you didn't come down)

- You'll probably need food around this point, 2 Cocoa Beans and a Lemon will pretty much get you the rest of the way every time

- Head to the Beach

- As you head down the ramp into the Beach, circle off to the right to get that 1

- Go to the 1 between the Beach and Meadows ramp and get it

- Run up the Meadows ramp and straight down the middle towards the Plaza

- Before going up the Plaza stairs, go right and grab those 2

- Go up the ramp behind them into the Plaza and get the 2 on the Eastern wall

- Grab the 1 in the North Eastern corner near the water, under the ramp to the Forest

- Go back to the house to restock energy

- Typically wait about 10secs, and the rocks will be respawning after their ~5min timers. Time will vary a little depending on how many times each spot lets you mine it

You'll get between 5-14 gems a run. I averaged about 8 though.

What I do is go in the mines as you get 12 there as every one counts. Then I go round the map and mine anything with a gem visible. I go round and do some fishing, cooking and night Thorns. Then I go back to the mines and do another 12. So I do at least 30 gems a day. 

I’ve done this every morning for the last couple of months and I’m close to the trophy popping. I didn’t want to endlessly farm it all as I would lose my mind. Little and often, it builds up. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 1:52 PM, tonkie18 said:

What I do is go in the mines as you get 12 there as every one counts. Then I go round the map and mine anything with a gem visible. I go round and do some fishing, cooking and night Thorns. Then I go back to the mines and do another 12. So I do at least 30 gems a day. 

I’ve done this every morning for the last couple of months and I’m close to the trophy popping. I didn’t want to endlessly farm it all as I would lose my mind. Little and often, it builds up. 

Interesting that the vitalys crystals count, if that's the case then getting a gem from one of them will also add +1 to the counter. 

When the mine first opened mining in there wasn't tracking for me so haven't touched it since.