Trophy thoughts.

Baker

2 minutes ago, BlueDragonZero said:

Grand champion most likely. Not that I can confirm either way as I was this rank long before even fighting her but based on how the ranking works this is almost certainly the case. The option only becomes available after the 3rd fight with her so her all powerful form fyi. 

Yeah I just beat her 6 wing form. But I need to start the dungeon from the beginning. So two things can happen: I need to fight her again to be able to play Es’owa or maybe I have the option between fighting en playing. We’ll see.  

That was also my final question about the game. ? Thanks for answering everything. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, BlueDragonZero said:

I can't say for certain but you don't even need to save. At least 2 of my ending I didn't save and it unlocked fine. The others I did save in other slots or did it on the new save and overwrite the old one essentially having them all one one save but this required a lot of the items. It's up to you if you want to risk it though.

I did one save with them on separate slots and one where I overwrote the save after each ending and I popped the trophy.  So the most efficent way would be to use up as many save slots as you can then just overwrite the last endings you need.  Painful but not as much as I had to endure lol.

On 12/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, BlueDragonZero said:

It's not hard. Might take a bit to get used to it but other then a handful of boss fights early on its pretty easy. It's similar to a few of the Tales of games if you've played them. Judging from your trophy list you shouldn't have many problems. 

So I got to one of the first major bosses...the Mother Worm.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't even get the boss down more than half hp without entire party downed. What level is this recommended or am I really missing something with the options I've been given in chapter 1?

4 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

So I got to one of the first major bosses...the Mother Worm.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't even get the boss down more than half hp without entire party downed. What level is this recommended or am I really missing something with the options I've been given in chapter 1?

I'm pretty sure mother worm catches everyone out is probably the most annoying boss in the game as you really don't have many options available to you. In terms of levels i think i was around 13 -14. you can level up fairly quickly by running though the mines a few times.

The boss isn't too bad when you figure it out though. Control Raymond and let albaird and laeticia stay down. trying to revive them just complicates things although I found they stay alive longer if you set the A.I to target different enemies. Stay close to the boss as it will spam magic if you are too far away, if this happens though use D.U.M.A's barrier(hold the button) to reduce the damage and build AP which is the only way to do it in this fight. When close it will only use a lunge attack and a swipe attack both of which can be easily avoided by running out of range or dodging. when it spawns the little dudes just leave them alone as they will all most likely die when it use is sucking attack which if you keep dodging away from won't hurt you. 

At 50% health it will will dive underground and reappear at another point. When it does this it will reveal a weak spot which you can VA into to stun the boss and do a load of damage. So basically just use boulder crush with Raymond once or twice then dodge the attack then repeat. After it spawns the little dudes evade until the sucking attack then carry on attacking. If you get hit use items to heal. it might take awhile but it's not too bad when you get the hang of it. 

On 23-12-2022 at 1:23 AM, kuj8402 said:

I did one save with them on separate slots and one where I overwrote the save after each ending and I popped the trophy.  So the most efficent way would be to use up as many save slots as you can then just overwrite the last endings you need.  Painful but not as much as I had to endure lol.

I’m 99.9% sure you don’t need to save at all and the game keeps track of which endings you saw. With Laeticia I tested this by not saving at all after every ending and the trophy unlocked fine.

2 hours ago, BlueDragonZero said:

I'm pretty sure mother worm catches everyone out is probably the most annoying boss in the game as you really don't have many options available to you. In terms of levels i think i was around 13 -14. you can level up fairly quickly by running though the mines a few times.

The boss isn't too bad when you figure it out though. Control Raymond and let albaird and laeticia stay down. trying to revive them just complicates things although I found they stay alive longer if you set the A.I to target different enemies. Stay close to the boss as it will spam magic if you are too far away, if this happens though use D.U.M.A's barrier(hold the button) to reduce the damage and build AP which is the only way to do it in this fight. When close it will only use a lunge attack and a swipe attack both of which can be easily avoided by running out of range or dodging. when it spawns the little dudes just leave them alone as they will all most likely die when it use is sucking attack which if you keep dodging away from won't hurt you. 

At 50% health it will will dive underground and reappear at another point. When it does this it will reveal a weak spot which you can VA into to stun the boss and do a load of damage. So basically just use boulder crush with Raymond once or twice then dodge the attack then repeat. After it spawns the little dudes evade until the sucking attack then carry on attacking. If you get hit use items to heal. it might take awhile but it's not too bad when you get the hang of it. 

Thanks for the tips! I will try later today. Btw, revival is a option in chapter 1? I somehow missed it during the tutorial lol

6 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

Thanks for the tips! I will try later today. Btw, revival is a option in chapter 1? I somehow missed it during the tutorial lol

The Fresh sage item is a revival item. It's standard across all games but I think you said this is your first star ocean so its perfectly fair you wouldn't know that. 

I think there is something wrong with my item creation tracking.

I have made everything, except 3 items for which you need Theo. But whatever I do it is stuck at 382/395. Even when I’m absolutely sure I haven’t made it before because after I only have one item in my inventory the counter won’t go up. I’ve written down all item creations on paper crossing them off the list one at a time. I also always saved after item creation and never just load up save data. This has cost me a gazillion fol.

I don’t know what’s going on but it’s driving me mad. ?

Anyone got an idea?

Edited by Baker

5 hours ago, Baker said:

I think there is something wrong with my item creation tracking.

I have made everything, except 3 items for which you need Theo. But whatever I do it is stuck at 382/395. Even when I’m absolutely sure I haven’t made it before because after I only have one item in my inventory the counter won’t go up. I’ve written down all item creations on paper crossing them off the list one at a time. I also always saved after item creation and never just load up save data. This has cost me a gazillion fol.

I don’t know what’s going on but it’s driving me mad. 1f602.png

Anyone got an idea?

It's a pain. I was sure i'd created enough items and it still took like 10 more to pop. 

This is a pretty decent google doc that someone else posted in another thread to track it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13mFofEb7E3oZ1fiDUhlmZtymVMySipocjnC1DSwFI9E/edit#gid=144161738

The only things i can think of are these but you've probably aware of anyway

Don't recraft anything unless you know you've made it before.

Certain items require the right talents to make.

I'd make sure to of crafted everything from alchemy, authoring, compounding and engineering before smithery and crafting as those two have way more combinations.

Other then that unfortunately its just a case of keeping at it. 

3 hours ago, BlueDragonZero said:

It's a pain. I was sure i'd created enough items and it still took like 10 more to pop. 

This is a pretty decent google doc that someone else posted in another thread to track it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13mFofEb7E3oZ1fiDUhlmZtymVMySipocjnC1DSwFI9E/edit#gid=144161738

The only things i can think of are these but you've probably aware of anyway

Don't recraft anything unless you know you've made it before.

Certain items require the right talents to make.

I'd make sure to of crafted everything from alchemy, authoring, compounding and engineering before smithery and crafting as those two have way more combinations.

Other then that unfortunately its just a case of keeping at it. 

Yeah that’s the Google doc I used.

I also left Crafting and Smithery for last as I already made all the weapons before starting going for this trophy. A weird thing happened though, as I just randomly started to make a bunch of stuff in Crafting and my counter went up to 389/395. I’m 100% sure I already made those before so my guess is it just doesn’t track right.

One question you might know. Do you need to save after making something? What I mean is making a bunch of items, counter goes up, don’t save the game to save a lot of items and fol, reload save game, make the next bunch of items. Maybe the PS5 counter keeps track but the game, because of reloading, doesn’t count it. 

This is the only thing that makes sense to me but that would mean I accidentally forgot to save somewhere and have no idea where the final items are I need.. ?

18 minutes ago, Baker said:

One question you might know. Do you need to save after making something? What I mean is making a bunch of items, counter goes up, don’t save the game to save a lot of items and fol, reload save game, make the next bunch of items. Maybe the PS5 counter keeps track but the game, because of reloading, doesn’t count it. 

This is the only thing that makes sense to me but that would mean I accidentally forgot to save somewhere and have no idea where the final items are I need.. 1f614.png

Not sure. I'm going to say yes you need to save. I played on PS4 so didn't have the trophy tracking so not sure how it pulls the info but the treasure chest trophy requires them all to be on one save as I did that on my laeticia run and i needed to open all chests despite opening all but about 2 with raymond. I assume it works the same for IC. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just buggy but worst comes to worst just buy 20 of each items and just spam craft hoping for something new. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlueDragonZero said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just buggy but worst comes to worst just buy 20 of each items and just spam craft hoping for something new. 

Yeah this is what I’m doing. Hoping for the best.

Edit: It worked! That was so weird. ?

Edited by Baker

On 12/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, BlueDragonZero said:

The Fresh sage item is a revival item. It's standard across all games but I think you said this is your first star ocean so its perfectly fair you wouldn't know that. 

Been about a week since I've played the game, I got to chapter 4, did about 70% of the game's side quests but one thing that I'm not sure about is...how do I increase Es'owa. Do I need to challenge different opponents or also works for the same opponent over and over? I'm at the lowest rank right now even after winning like 7+ matches.

1 minute ago, TheStark700 said:

Been about a week since I've played the game, I got to chapter 4, did about 70% of the game's side quests but one thing that I'm not sure about is...how do I increase Es'owa. Do I need to challenge different opponents or also works for the same opponent over and over? I'm at the lowest rank right now even after winning like 7+ matches.

I copying this from my trophy guide:
In order to unlock the mini-game, you must first accept the quest "Es'owa Initiation". There is a ranking system. You start as a beginner and the highest rank is battle god. You can only challenge NPCs that are at most one rank above you. Winning a match against a higher ranked player ranks you up. 
There are the following ranks.

• Beginner
  • Apprentice
  • Expert
  • Lv1 Master
  • Lv2 Master
  • Lv3 Master 
  • Lv4 Master
  • Lv5 Master
  • Lv6 Master
  • Lv7 Master
  • Lv8 Master
  • Grandmaster
  • Grand Champion
  • Battle God

5 hours ago, Riku_Darkness said:

I copying this from my trophy guide:
In order to unlock the mini-game, you must first accept the quest "Es'owa Initiation". There is a ranking system. You start as a beginner and the highest rank is battle god. You can only challenge NPCs that are at most one rank above you. Winning a match against a higher ranked player ranks you up. 
There are the following ranks.

• Beginner
  • Apprentice
  • Expert
  • Lv1 Master
  • Lv2 Master
  • Lv3 Master 
  • Lv4 Master
  • Lv5 Master
  • Lv6 Master
  • Lv7 Master
  • Lv8 Master
  • Grandmaster
  • Grand Champion
  • Battle God

Wait, you have a trophy guide? Do you have the link for it?

9 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

Wait, you have a trophy guide? Do you have the link for it?

I have a link, but you have no permission to view it. A mod has to make it official first. I did it november and the entire month december is at awaiting review status. I have to ask someone why nobody is looking on my guide and make it official. :o

On 12/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, Riku_Darkness said:

I have a link, but you have no permission to view it. A mod has to make it official first. I did it november and the entire month december is at awaiting review status. I have to ask someone why nobody is looking on my guide and make it official. :o

Oh btw, I forgot to ask. I read Neoseeker and some other guides related to getting character endings and slightly confused. Do we need to beat the final boss 15+ times to get all the endings or just a few times?

you need to beat the game with the affection to the character maxed for the desired ending.

eg -> picked Laeticia as main character? -> Laeticia + Raymond ending: use tears of aphrodite on raymond several times, then beat final boss. load save from before final boss or ng+ save and choose another character to use tears of aphrodite on, beat final boss. next character until you're finished. 

then pick Raymond as main character and do the same above. all in all you have to do this process 16 times. 8 per playthrough.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:55 AM, Riku_Darkness said:

Think anyone else should bug them?  I've been interested to see it.

Funny side thing, apparently you can just not get a character ending...I thought I had done enough of the talking points on Raymond's side with at least one person, but nope, just base Ray ending.

EDIT: Another trophy thing, Treasure Detector chest list, 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khHkWxcL_p_OXUXb800Re4kHClgx6p8iIZoY1j8HLgg/edit?usp=sharing

I used the auto translate and double checked the entire list for the trophy, excluded the post game chests (so far half of the items are different anyhow).  I'm a basic weirdo so it's google docs, but it's a complete and accurate list of the required chests for the trophy.

Edited by HBoss52
Extra info, didn't want to double post.

The guide team has a little break because of christmas, new year etc.

Abou the chest guide: I did it similar to the links guide, but i used the full HD screenshots for my guide and put the chests with the correct number in a table. I also noted, that you need to clear all the 6 subquests for the cryptographic  messages A1, A2, A3, B, C and D to unlock all 4 hidden chests.

The only 2 things i need for my 100% ego are 3-5% IC recipes and latecias route PAs guide. Both are not needed for trophies. Maybe i will do this in the future, when i have the US or Asia edition. 

I found close to 150 PAs in raymonds route and most of them are highly missable. PAs are the best part of this game and i enjoyed them a lot. Sadly we dont need them for specific character endings like SO2-4.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok need a lil help on some trophies, I got the platinum on ps4 and just recently got a ps5 and well the trophies don’t carry over but most are easy to unlock but I can’t get some of them because I have gotten all or completed it (I.e. bunnies or chests). is there a way to get those trophies or do I have to start from scratch because if that’s the case I’m not doing it. I’m not redoing hours of crafting for a Queen build just to play es because that trophy won’t unlock either after beating her twice in es