Trophy thoughts.

Baker

I like this list.

A Chaos playthrough, all treasure chests, most of the weapons, bestiary and probably side quests to do.

But there is definitely one thing I’m missing here. Where the hell is a trophy for the battle trophies!? A Star Ocean game without battle trophies isn’t the same..

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

But there is definitely one thing I’m missing here. Where the hell is a trophy for the battle trophies!? A Star Ocean game without battle trophies isn’t the same..

There's a trophy for attaining the rank of Battle God. That sounds a lot like it's tied into the battle trophy system.

12 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

There's a trophy for attaining the rank of Battle God. That sounds a lot like it's tied into the battle trophy system.

I think that one may have sonething to do with the Es'owa mini game. "Battle God at the Table".

It looks like a pretty good list. I'm sure I'll miss quite a few of the endings seeing as there are 16 ending trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I like this list.

A Chaos playthrough, all treasure chests, most of the weapons, bestiary and probably side quests to do.

Thoughts?

Well, only 3 of the 6 games have them at this point. I'm surprised star ocean 2 didn't have one for collecting all the voice samples. Either way it looks like an okay list

• Like 1

List looks pretty good. About what I would have expected. The chaos playthrough might but people off going for the platinum depending on how hard it is. The demo was pretty easy so I expect to start on chaos though. 

I've been looking around and I haven't seen any mention of battle trophies yet. I would of thought if they were in the game then it would have been mentioned somewhere by now so that part is disappointing to say the least. The battle God trophy I would guess at being related to an arena of some sort. 

Reviews seem to be hitting exactly where I thought they would in the mind 70's so that's a good sign imo. lesser accomplished JRPG series rarely ever break that to be honest so I fully expect to enjoy this. 

• Like 2

Looks like a pretty standard JRPG list, glad the battle trophies are gone, those are boring beyond belief, really happy Gabe and Iseria are still the post game super bosses, any Star Ocean is day one for me, love the franchise to bits.

• Like 2

Wow, no Battle trophy. I don't know how feel about it. I just have SO 2 platinum and it only need to have the 80% of bt but actually was a nice grind, a bit stressful but obviously not like SO 4. In any case I think the trophy list looks fine and you need open all treasures, get every weapon and also all bestiary.

At a glance the list looks fairly simple and is probably going to be straightforward; however, it does look at the most it will be around the same timeframe as Star Ocean 5, i.e., 70-80 hours, depending on how much is missable and what actually is not. Some trophies like 200 blindsides, for example, is a joke compared to the 1k blindside battle trophies SO4 makes you do 3 times for 3 different characters. It is a shame that battle trophies aren't part of the actual trophy list, but they may impact the game in-terms of adding more to the characters, like give more AP for example, if you complete the list or something.

Edited by x410xDragon

1 hour ago, BlueDragonZero said:

List looks pretty good. About what I would have expected. The chaos playthrough might but people off going for the platinum depending on how hard it is. The demo was pretty easy so I expect to start on chaos though.

Chaos isn't unlocked from the start so it'll be at least two playthroughs. I started on Galaxy but Universe was available right away. The digital version is already playable on Xbox thanks to the New Zealand region switch trick. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Chaos isn't unlocked from the start so it'll be at least two playthroughs. I started on Galaxy but Universe was available right away. The digital version is already playable on Xbox thanks to the New Zealand region switch trick. 

Well that sucks. Thanks for letting me know. I usually don't mind multiply playthroughs but it's nice when you don't have to.

As it seems like you've playing it. Are there Battle trophies in the game? 

I'm pretty there isn't as haven't seen anywhere saying there is yet but would be nice to get confirmation. 

2 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Looking at the list, Battle God might be linked to BTs. I thought it might have been something tournament based but someone pointed out to me (@Dogspeeonme ) that it might be a BT trophy

Well if they are toned down like SO5 or you only need a certain  percentage it's fine, SO5 only had one annoying BT that was to get a million hits, that took me 30 hours of farming.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

4 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Looking at the list, Battle God might be linked to BTs. I thought it might have been something tournament based but someone pointed out to me (@Dogspeeonme ) that it might be a BT trophy

Or it could possibly be related to Es'owa, but that's just me guessing. 

Minimum of 2 playthroughs, 1 starting as Laeticia, and one starting as Raymond. One of these needs to be Chaos Difficulty. Each Starting Character needs to unlock the various character endings. So Raymond + Albaird's Character Ending is a separate trophy from Laeticia + Albaird.

• Like 1