OMG that platforming

lettmon

Lmao yeah the platforming in this game is horrendous. The key is to pay extra attention on how you are pushing straight and steering with the left stick, especially when it can drag easily in one direction when only tapping it. Fortunately, there’s just enough room for “error” when running on the thin red lines in the dream sequences. When jumping over far distances you have to really time the jumps at the very last second to where it looks like you’re going to fall off.

I hadn't even gotten to the dream/nightmare section when I made this topic. Maybe my DS4 left stick is faulty, it was drifting from the start, I disassembled and brushed it and the drifting stopped, but the sticks feel wooden to me. I loved DS2 and DS3, DS4 is a big downgrade IMO. In Max Payne when I slightly push forward, Max often strafes to the left LOL I completed the first nightmare section today by twitching forward step by step, I don't want to think about the next nightmare section.

So I have reached the second nightmare and I can't do it. I tried my Xbox controller with adapter and it's the same thing - when I slightly push forward Max strafes left. I either have to always run which is very risky or twitch forward step by step which takes forever and has a risk of falling anyway. That was almost a complete waste of 10 bucks.

2 hours ago, lettmon said:

So I have reached the second nightmare and I can't do it. I tried my Xbox controller with adapter and it's the same thing - when I slightly push forward Max strafes left. I either have to always run which is very risky or twitch forward step by step which takes forever and has a risk of falling anyway. That was almost a complete waste of 10 bucks.

In the first nightmare I also made it through by doing little steps at a time but when it came to the second nightmare I found that strategy to not be as efficient, but yeah running is the better option here, saving you more time too. After failing enough attempts you eventually start learning how to control Max better while running.

• 9 months later...

The platforming in this game truly is horrendous and feels so out of place. The best tip I can give is BULLET TIME BABYY. Use the infinite bullet time cheat code if you have to. It helps so much in being able to take baby steps and control your jumps, movements, and just being able to walk in a straight line with the damn analog stick. It may also help to momentarily switch the control scheme to Config 2 where you can use the D-pad to walk as the analog stick is so twitchy and betrays you half the time.

• 8 months later...