I wanted to play this game in co-op with a friend, will it bug the trophies?

We would like to buy and play this game together but here i am reading that the co-op component is very bugged, often doesn't work and it mess up a lot of trophies, so this whole thing isn't avoidable?

And what are the correct steps to avoid bugs and get the platinum without replaying the game billions of times? 

And so basically we can't play co-op...

Maybe The Division 1 won't have all of these bugs if we'll decide to play that together...

Edited by R6S_RamboHero

I played co-op with my friend very recently and we managed to get trophies just fine. Surprisingly the connection worked without any disconnects although we found that in order to join and send invites you had to start your own game first but otherwise there weren't any issues apart from odd desync issues but they weren't anything that hindered gameplay and resolved themselves pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I played co-op with my friend very recently and we managed to get trophies just fine. Surprisingly the connection worked without any disconnects although we found that in order to join and send invites you had to start your own game first but otherwise there weren't any issues apart from odd desync issues but they weren't anything that hindered gameplay and resolved themselves pretty quickly.

Yeah but in other threads it's mentioned the fact that co-op messes up a lot of time consuming trophies

8 hours ago, R6S_RamboHero said:

Yeah but in other threads it's mentioned the fact that co-op messes up a lot of time consuming trophies

At this point they shouldn't since I did help my friend throughout the story and we both got the DLC trophies. In fact one of the DLC trophies where you have to reach a certain point on the map under a certain time unlocked for both of us despite me being in the passenger seat. The only thing we didn't do together is the collectibles since I already did those before he played but I don't see why it would mess it up. I guess if it comes down to it you could try doing the collectibles solo after doing everything else and having a backup save just in case.

35 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

At this point they shouldn't since I did help my friend throughout the story and we both got the DLC trophies. In fact one of the DLC trophies where you have to reach a certain point on the map under a certain time unlocked for both of us despite me being in the passenger seat. The only thing we didn't do together is the collectibles since I already did those before he played but I don't see why it would mess it up. I guess if it comes down to it you could try doing the collectibles solo after doing everything else and having a backup save just in case.

Mmh, maybe not picking up any collectable during the playthrough with the friend in co-op and saving ALL the collectibles for later, will solve the problem?

16 minutes ago, R6S_RamboHero said:

Mmh, maybe not picking up any collectable during the playthrough with the friend in co-op and saving ALL the collectibles for later, will solve the problem?

I would say just get what you can while playing the story and side-objectives together and then get the rest solo.

I played the entire game with a co-op partner and it was pretty much fine. If one mission didn’t glitch out, I’d have said it was 100% perfect. We wasted an hour trying to figure out why he popped the trophy for completing all missions and I didn’t. The solution was to change hosts and it was at this point that I could see it as unfinished on his map rather than my own. I know for sure we completed this mission because we did pretty much everything at the same time. Try sticking to one host and see if that works out for you.

As for The Division, the game still works fine. I was on it just yesterday with a friend and he popped trophies without issues. The entire time I had a warning sitting in the left corner “poor connection to host” but didn’t disconnect once.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mina said:

I played the entire game with a co-op partner and it was pretty much fine. If one mission didn’t glitch out, I’d have said it was 100% perfect. We wasted an hour trying to figure out why he popped the trophy for completing all missions and I didn’t. The solution was to change hosts and it was at this point that I could see it as unfinished on his map rather than my own. I know for sure we completed this mission because we did pretty much everything at the same time. Try sticking to one host and see if that works out for you.

As for The Division, the game still works fine. I was on it just yesterday with a friend and he popped trophies without issues. The entire time I had a warning sitting in the left corner “poor connection to host” but didn’t disconnect once.

Question: did you pick up collectibles too while in co-op?

Because my plan would be:

1) Start and play the whole story with my friend co-op (while trying to avoid collectibles of any type if they're not story-related)

2) Get all the collectibles alone (not in co-op)

3) If all collectible trophies pop, proceed to do miscellaneous trophies, leaving the ones requiring another player as last

Another question, but for everyone: is it possible to play the game BEFORE starting the story and get all the collectibles (2nd step of the guide)?

Edited by R6S_RamboHero

9 hours ago, R6S_RamboHero said:

Question: did you pick up collectibles too while in co-op?

Because my plan would be:

1) Start and play the whole story with my friend co-op (while trying to avoid collectibles of any type if they're not story-related)

2) Get all the collectibles alone (not in co-op)

3) If all collectible trophies pop, proceed to do miscellaneous trophies, leaving the ones requiring another player as last

Another question, but for everyone: is it possible to play the game BEFORE starting the story and get all the collectibles (2nd step of the guide)?

Yes entire game as stated, only thing to act weird was a mission, but that's due to changing the host at points. Stick with same host and it's fine. Collectibles aren't glitchy.

And, personally, its better than division  imho

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Yes entire game as stated, only thing to act weird was a mission, but that's due to changing the host at points. Stick with same host and it's fine. Collectibles aren't glitchy.

That's good! U gave me hope! ?

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, GeorgieBeast said:

A clarification: do you also took all collectibles in co-op or you just completed the story in co-op?

Because I would like to do only the story and then get the remain collectables solo