Still glitched?

Doom

1 hour ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Cheers! I've always liked the Metro series, so 4 bucks for the whole thing is hard to pass up. I'll read a little more and play offline since I doubt being online will help the experience anyway.

I’m not sure you’ll be able to play fully offline if using the “free” Plus Extra version. Don’t you need to be online to verify the license?

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I’m not sure you’ll be able to play fully offline if using the “free” Plus Extra version. Don’t you need to be online to verify the license?

with that logic wouldn't you need to be online for every digital game?

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

AFAIK, the issues only happen with the PS5 version. I don't know what the exact issue is but most people mentioned the DLCs. This one is in my backlog and I would like to play the PS5 version at some point. Also, I wouldn't expect them to fix these issues, ever.

ThatDrunkGuy offered to try playing it offline, which seemed to work for some.

Let's see if/when they manage to finish it and get their verdict.

This game has been in my backlog too for a while because of its trophy issues ?

Edited by Doom

11 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You just need to play on a primary unit, then all your games work offline...assuming there are no online trophies to be earned. Since I use my PS5 daily, it would probably be easier to play this on a ps4 activated and disconnected. Try to start with the posted possible solution to glitched trophies first, but I need to read up on the problems/solutions a bit first. 

...to be clear though I'm not sure when I'll start it, but possibly soon.

Finally I got all of them.

I do have an advice.

If you miss one or more trophies, do not factory reset.

Instead create an offline account. Play the DLC for the missing trophies with this offline account.

After you earned them, delete the account which is connected to your PSN.

Then login to the offline account with your PSN. Sync the trophies then use restore licenses.

FYI do not forget to upload your savegames to PS+ if you dont want to lose anything.

Edited by Vive_ut_vivas

On 11/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

I do have an advice.

Instead create an offline account. Play the DLC for the missing trophies with this offline account.

Then login to the offline account with your PSN. Sync the trophies then use restore licenses.

FYI do not forget to upload your savegames to PS+ if you dont want to lose anything.

Thanks Vive for confirming that this method works

Although I would like to know if playing the game completely offline worked too because I'm not too keen having to go through that to get 100%

A Man of Principle and The Last Hero didn't unlock for me.

Fresh install on PS5

Went offline and played till first Batwing encounter

Saved, closed game, went online to back up save, went offline and continued...repeated this for other 2 encounters.

Everything but those two unlocked...so I'll install it on my buddies PS5 and see if it works on his with a fresh account install and offline finish with that save.

The other DLC...3 didn't unlock. 

It's Just A Scratch, Dodge Master, and Two Colonels.

I also tried to redo them all after going into safe mode, clearing cache and rebuilding database...nothing. So yeah, if you're gonna do this game on PS5 I would play from the dummy account I guess. I didn't want to take that step right out of the gate, how does it work? My account needs to be there for the game to work, so I'm guessing I can play from an offline dummy user to get everything. Once done delete my profile, then go to the new user to log in to sync. 

What happens to the content on my HDD, like other games and DLC? Still there but just locked out? So just back up save files?

Does doing this affect timestamps, or is it considered cheating in any way? I've never done this sort of thing.

Is anything from the base game glitched? Wondering if I should continue or just start over on the blank account.

Do you have to deactivate Console Sharing and Offline Play first, or does it auto deactivate it when you delete?

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

I played the ps5 version and had problems with the collectibles trophy in the two colonels DLC. I get them all and the trophy doesn't unlock. I already tried removing my save completely and playing again but it didn't work. I have not tried to play the game offline. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

12 hours ago, igorjordao86 said:

I played the ps5 version and had problems with the collectibles trophy in the two colonels DLC. I get them all and the trophy doesn't unlock. I already tried removing my save completely and playing again but it didn't work. I have not tried to play the game offline. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Read above, and look at the other thread for how to play on an offline dummy account.

On 23-11-2022 at 6:10 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

A Man of Principle and The Last Hero didn't unlock for me.

Fresh install on PS5

Went offline and played till first Batwing encounter

Saved, closed game, went online to back up save, went offline and continued...repeated this for other 2 encounters.

Everything but those two unlocked...so I'll install it on my buddies PS5 and see if it works on his with a fresh account install and offline finish with that save.

The other DLC...3 didn't unlock. 

It's Just A Scratch, Dodge Master, and Two Colonels.

I also tried to redo them all after going into safe mode, clearing cache and rebuilding database...nothing. So yeah, if you're gonna do this game on PS5 I would play from the dummy account I guess. I didn't want to take that step right out of the gate, how does it work? My account needs to be there for the game to work, so I'm guessing I can play from an offline dummy user to get everything. Once done delete my profile, then go to the new user to log in to sync. 

What happens to the content on my HDD, like other games and DLC? Still there but just locked out? So just back up save files?

Does doing this affect timestamps, or is it considered cheating in any way? I've never done this sort of thing.

Is anything from the base game glitched? Wondering if I should continue or just start over on the blank account.

Do you have to deactivate Console Sharing and Offline Play first, or does it auto deactivate it when you delete?

I think the going online part screws up the trophies no matter if you are ingame or not.

Content indeed gets locked out when you delete the PSN account its linked with.

Just follow this my earlier response:

You can earn other trophies as well no timestamps will be modified. And therefore it wont be considered cheating.

In the end, 7 trophies didn't unlock...

Mutation

Iron Mode

It's Just a Scratch

Dodge Master

Real Colonel

A Man of Principle

The Last Hero

Yeah, probably because I went online to back up the save for Untouchable. I skipped a couple steps, but all unlocked by just watching the end movies...and first try on Dodge Master.

Back up saves

Delete Profile

Log back into profile

Restore licenses

Download save (although it looked like Auto Sync already put the save there because it asked me to overwrite current save)

Unplug internet and load game

Plug back in and sync with network after everything unlocked.

To answer my own questions...you don't have to enable or disable Console Sharing and all content remained installed and ready to go. I was a bit worried because Rock Band has a ton of songs installed. I thought I might have to reinstall it all, but it was all good to go. One real downside though...in my Game Library/Your Collection I had created Gamelists to organize all my content based on some things that mattered to me. Those all disappeared :(

Just played the PS4 version completely offline and everything worked just fine, so I'll bet the PS5 version would also work as well if you stay offline till finish.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

I do have an advice.

Hi, sorry, i didn't understand these steps. Have any video on youtube explain it? (It's not necessary be about metro)

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 9:54 PM, igorjordao86 said:

Hi, sorry, i didn't understand these steps. Have any video on youtube explain it? (It's not necessary be about metro)

Tricked worked for me..

You have to create an offline account on your console and play the game till you get all missing/buggy trophies on the offline account. Then from the offline account delete your main account on settings under users and accounts where it says delete users. Once deleted. On your offline account loggin with your main account credentials. Sync trophies and then restore lisences.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

In the end, 7 trophies didn't unlock...

Mutation

Iron Mode

It's Just a Scratch

Dodge Master

Real Colonel

A Man of Principle

The Last Hero

Yeah, probably because I went online to back up the save for Untouchable. I skipped a couple steps, but all unlocked by just watching the end movies...and first try on Dodge Master.

Back up saves

Delete Profile

Log back into profile

Restore licenses

Download save (although it looked like Auto Sync already put the save there because it asked me to overwrite current save)

Unplug internet and load game

Plug back in and sync with network after everything unlocked.

To answer my own questions...you don't have to enable or disable Console Sharing and all content remained installed and ready to go. I was a bit worried because Rock Band has a ton of songs installed. I thought I might have to reinstall it all, but it was all good to go. One real downside though...in my Game Library/Your Collection I had created Gamelists to organize all my content based on some things that mattered to me. Those all disappeared :(

Just played the PS4 version completely offline and everything worked just fine, so I'll bet the PS5 version would also work as well if you stay offline till finish.

Had the Iron Mode and Mutation trophies bug out on me (last 2 at 97% completion).

This method fixed it for me, didn't need to reset console or create dummy accounts or replay anything (just needed to load the finale scene). 

For the final step, after connecting back to the Internet, you will need to manually force trophies to sync with PS network (on Trophies screen press Options button) for the missing trophies to update. 

Huge Thanks!!

• Like 1