Anyone else having crashing issues?

Micastrophic

I've really hit a wall with Brewmaster. I can't progress anymore as the game starts to hit a ton of errors and makes saving impossible. To make matters worse I can't progress any more when I try to have a beer judged, the game crashes completely. This happens despite reverting to earlier saves and trying different equipment. This started getting bad right before I unlocked the third brewery and just nose dived to completely unplayable. Seeing as most of the later trophies are currently sitting at a 0% completion among players, I can't be the only one? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Report this issue on the official discord channel so the devs are aware of it.

Thanks I went to the discord and the playstation subsection is blowing up with reports of the same exact issues I'm experiencing. They're aware, let's just see if anything is fixed...

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, Micastrophic said:

I've really hit a wall with Brewmaster. I can't progress anymore as the game starts to hit a ton of errors and makes saving impossible. To make matters worse I can't progress any more when I try to have a beer judged, the game crashes completely. This happens despite reverting to earlier saves and trying different equipment. This started getting bad right before I unlocked the third brewery and just nose dived to completely unplayable. Seeing as most of the later trophies are currently sitting at a 0% completion among players, I can't be the only one? 

Yeah I wasn't nearly as far as some other people into the game but my game would tend to crash or get an error every time I submitted a beer. I've seen others who are on the fourth brewery saying its impossible to beat the game and get all the trophies due to crashing. I will just get back to this game once everything's fixed.

On the discord, the devs appear to be aware of the issues. It seems to be a weird issue with the saves. The best you can do now is make sure you don’t put too many items including custom beer containers around your kitchen. That’s the tiniest fix, but overall eventually the save issue makes the game impossible to finish on both ps4 and ps5.

• 2 weeks later...

Once patch 1.400.000 dropped on the PS5 (on November 22), I started my campaign on the PS5 and was able to finish up the plat this evening. I was a bit leery since there was talk on the Steam page that the one competition was bugged and not giving people a 1st place finish, but that was either addressed, not actually a thing, or didn't make it to the PS5 version at all. Did take three separate entries, but I did get Wheat From The Chaff as my final competition win.

One crash encountered (after submitting a beer and cleaning up my kitchen, just went kaput) and had a couple of times where things got juddery/choppy (nothing a save + relaunch couldn't fix).

Still awaiting 1.4 to hit the PS4. Hopefully that will be dropping sooner rather than later.

51 minutes ago, Michifus350 said:

Once patch 1.400.000 dropped on the PS5 (on November 22), I started my campaign on the PS5 and was able to finish up the plat this evening. I was a bit leery since there was talk on the Steam page that the one competition was bugged and not giving people a 1st place finish, but that was either addressed, not actually a thing, or didn't make it to the PS5 version at all. Did take three separate entries, but I did get Wheat From The Chaff as my final competition win.

One crash encountered (after submitting a beer and cleaning up my kitchen, just went kaput) and had a couple of times where things got juddery/choppy (nothing a save + relaunch couldn't fix).

Still awaiting 1.4 to hit the PS4. Hopefully that will be dropping sooner rather than later.

Congrats on the play. Any advice for the competitions? Seems for some of them no matter what I do I get second. Tick all the boxes and make a fairly good beer but no joy

15 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Congrats on the play. Any advice for the competitions? Seems for some of them no matter what I do I get second. Tick all the boxes and make a fairly good beer but no joy

Try to get a really high match %, as well as many ticks as possible. This is by no means tested or official or anything, but I seemed to have pretty good success with 75%+ all ticks. In fact, I had two competitions where I won with a missing tick but had a 90%+ match (Any Porter In A Storm and Hop On Board, iirc).

I'm also wondering if there are is a hidden box for each competition? I know the first one mentions the judge being partial to caramel (which isn't mentioned anywhere on the Competition page at all). That said, if you haven't finished the campaign/maxed out your brew level, also do that, as there are ingredients that are locked behind progress which can make things a bit easier.

I really wish I had done a better job at keeping notes/recipes for what I did for each competition... would have been incredibly useful for my PS4 run (since I've only completed the stout competition there) and it could have been added to a trophy guide or something. ? That said, if there's one you're particularly stuck on, I can take a look at my entry in the cellar and send the stats your way (and reverse-engineer it as much as possible)

12 hours ago, Michifus350 said:

Try to get a really high match %, as well as many ticks as possible. This is by no means tested or official or anything, but I seemed to have pretty good success with 75%+ all ticks. In fact, I had two competitions where I won with a missing tick but had a 90%+ match (Any Porter In A Storm and Hop On Board, iirc).

I'm also wondering if there are is a hidden box for each competition? I know the first one mentions the judge being partial to caramel (which isn't mentioned anywhere on the Competition page at all). That said, if you haven't finished the campaign/maxed out your brew level, also do that, as there are ingredients that are locked behind progress which can make things a bit easier.

I really wish I had done a better job at keeping notes/recipes for what I did for each competition... would have been incredibly useful for my PS4 run (since I've only completed the stout competition there) and it could have been added to a trophy guide or something. 1f643.png That said, if there's one you're particularly stuck on, I can take a look at my entry in the cellar and send the stats your way (and reverse-engineer it as much as possible)

The 2 very difficult competitions are giving me a headache lol. I'm working on them today but if I fail I may take you up on that offer.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:15 AM, Malachen said:

The 2 very difficult competitions are giving me a headache lol. I'm working on them today but if I fail I may take you up on that offer.

On the discord people are saying there’s something wrong with the competitions preventing them from continuing. But in good news the patch has fixed the saving bug on PS5

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

How is this game with the latest patch installed? I ask, because it's on sale now and I'm thinking of picking it up if the technical problems have been fixed :).

NA version is currently completely broken, they released a new patch that stopped the game from booting. The EU version is patched and fine. All trophies are now obtainable and all the crashing was fixed for me.

I am writing a guide at the moment but it you have any questions feel free to ask me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Malachen said:

NA version is currently completely broken, they released a new patch that stopped the game from booting. The EU version is patched and fine. All trophies are now obtainable and all the crashing was fixed for me.

I am writing a guide at the moment but it you have any questions feel free to ask me

1: I take it, that means all the trophies are now unobtainable in the NA Stack unless you use the downgrade exploit to revert to a previous patch?

2: Will do :).

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 4:49 AM, Malachen said:

How's the guide coming along ?

• 1 month later...

NA version of the game was patched on Monday, February 27 for the PS4 and appears to address a lot of the major, game-breaking bugs (it actually boots this time and saving/submitting a beer no longer errors or crashes the game). Can't speak for the PS5 version (though it was working previously) or the EU versions (which also seem to be working fine), but the game is finally playable and plat-able.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, Michifus350 said:

NA version of the game was patched on Monday, February 27 for the PS4 and appears to address a lot of the major, game-breaking bugs (it actually boots this time and saving/submitting a beer no longer errors or crashes the game). Can't speak for the PS5 version (though it was working previously) or the EU versions (which also seem to be working fine), but the game is finally playable and plat-able.

The EU version was patched then as well but I'm still seeing a lot of menu bugs and other issues that make the game borderline unplayable :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:22 AM, Michifus350 said:

Is the PS4 NA version fully patched? 

The game is on sale and was looking forward to playing but now I'm seeing all this chatter about all these bugs that were never fixed.

16 hours ago, dh4645 said:

Is the PS4 NA version fully patched? 

The game is on sale and was looking forward to playing but now I'm seeing all this chatter about all these bugs that were never fixed.

The crashing has been fixed (at least from what I've seen in my copy) but the game is still a buggy mess and not worth playing IMO, because the devs abandoned the console versions after the last patch :(. If you want to play this game, you're better off getting the PC version and installing a few mods.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The crashing has been fixed (at least from what I've seen in my copy) but the game is still a buggy mess and not worth playing IMO :(. If you want to play it, you're better off getting the PC version and installing a few mods.

That sucks. Thanks