Trophy Earned but not added to my list or synced with PSN and I cannot earn it anymore - my Trophy List may be broken

PolarPhantom

So I was playing the PS4 version, filling out the map and unlocking all the portals, until I finally got "Ouranos Island Memories" which is described as "Repaired all Portals on Ouranos Island." However, bizarrely, it did not update my Trophy List - when I look at Sonic Frontiers on my Trophy Information I see it as being "locked", and it of course has not been updated on PSN. Most bizarrely, I saw the Trophy pop and even have the screenshot to prove it.

Something else dodgy happened with "Kronos Island Expert" described as "Viewed all Side Stories on Kronos Island". I did the requirements but it did not pop at all. Fortunately I had an earlier save where I could easily earn it. But even more weirdly I earned "Threats Identified" (Defeated all guardian types.) and "Combo Crackerjack" (Performed Phantom Rush 50 times, outside of the training simulator) in the early hours of the 10th November - then earned them again after 10:30 am after sleeping. I don't know if they were updated on my list or not because I didn't check. Again, I have the Screenshots to prove I "earned" them twice.

The worst part is, I loaded up a previous save to redo the game up to Ouranos Island, I redid the requirements and unlike those previous Trophies I mentioned it did not pop again. I attempted multiple times, but it did not pop. Why this happened I'm not sure. I was downloading God of War Ragnarok at the time. I've also been suffering from weird Trophy Related issues for a while, but nothing like this. I've tried rebuilding the database but my PS4 seems no different. I may just try and replay the game when I get a PS5 - to play the PS4 version, hilarious in its own way.

But I decided to post here to see if anyone else had similar problems. Never have I personally seen such things happen with Trophies before. Maybe the Kronos Island Trophy, but that's about it.

I've only known this bug to happen on the PS5, not the PS4 ?:

If you're having trophy issues in multiple games, it may be worth nuking and recreating your profile so any bad data is deleted but do note you will lose any saves you haven't backed up, along with your messages and folders. You can find the account deletion option in your Account Management tab.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, PolarPhantom said:

So I was playing the PS4 version, filling out the map and unlocking all the portals, until I finally got "Ouranos Island Memories" which is described as "Repaired all Portals on Ouranos Island." However, bizarrely, it did not update my Trophy List - when I look at Sonic Frontiers on my Trophy Information I see it as being "locked", and it of course has not been updated on PSN. Most bizarrely, I saw the Trophy pop and even have the screenshot to prove it.

Something else dodgy happened with "Kronos Island Expert" described as "Viewed all Side Stories on Kronos Island". I did the requirements but it did not pop at all. Fortunately I had an earlier save where I could easily earn it. But even more weirdly I earned "Threats Identified" (Defeated all guardian types.) and "Combo Crackerjack" (Performed Phantom Rush 50 times, outside of the training simulator) in the early hours of the 10th November - then earned them again after 10:30 am after sleeping. I don't know if they were updated on my list or not because I didn't check. Again, I have the Screenshots to prove I "earned" them twice.

The worst part is, I loaded up a previous save to redo the game up to Ouranos Island, I redid the requirements and unlike those previous Trophies I mentioned it did not pop again. I attempted multiple times, but it did not pop. Why this happened I'm not sure. I was downloading God of War Ragnarok at the time. I've also been suffering from weird Trophy Related issues for a while, but nothing like this. I've tried rebuilding the database but my PS4 seems no different. I may just try and replay the game when I get a PS5 - to play the PS4 version, hilarious in its own way.

But I decided to post here to see if anyone else had similar problems. Never have I personally seen such things happen with Trophies before. Maybe the Kronos Island Trophy, but that's about it.

I had been having some issues for a few days as well. I kept getting an error code NP-32091-5 before starting any game the first time I was playing for the day. I was researching online and it sounds like one of the trophies earned in the past may have had corrupted data, so my profile couldn't manually sync properly.

The only solutions I read were to rebuild the database (safe and doesn't lose anything, but it didn't work for me); or deleting your profile and recreating your account on PS4.

I had to resort to the latter to solve the issue, but be warned that you will lose all your saves and capture gallery videos/images. So make sure you upload all your saves to the cloud first, and back up your capture gallery stuff if you want to. This fixed the issue for me and things are unlocking normally now. I will have to replay the game though because the trophy for completing all challenges on Kronos Island did not unlock for me, but everything else after that is working fine now :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PolarPhantom said:

Thank you for the help. Honestly I think it's just time I upgraded my PS4. Though I'll look into backing up my PS4 Data as well, since I've also been getting the NP-32091-5 error, though it's not too debilitating - I just try once more and the game loads. Again, thanks.

If I were you, I would do what I did and delete/recreate your profile, even if it means losing your capture gallery stuff.

That PSN error is such a pain, and knowing that it skipped certain trophy events for me means that on other games you might not get so lucky. Even worse, if a trophy fails to pop and then you unlock a trophy later in the game, it can be grounds for flagging on this site since you would have impossible timestamps. It wouldn't be worth it having to hide your profile games due to a PSN glitch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

If I were you, I would do what I did and delete/recreate your profile, even if it means losing your capture gallery stuff.

That PSN error is such a pain, and knowing that it skipped certain trophy events for me means that on other games you might not get so lucky. Even worse, if a trophy fails to pop and then you unlock a trophy later in the game, it can be grounds for flagging on this site since you would have impossible timestamps. It wouldn't be worth it having to hide your profile games due to a PSN glitch.

This^

I got this error about 3 years ago after a new game bugged out and corrupted the local trophy database and messed up my PS4 so it was borderline useless. To fix it, I nuked my profile then recreated it but to avoid any flaggable auto-pops, I deleted the save file for the game that caused this mess. Once everything was recreated and all my saves had been re-downloaded, my PS4 ran fine and the bugged game reinstalled without issue :).