New to JRPG

Zeep_Xanflorp92

12 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Was considering delving into the JRPG genre. I’m thinking of playing this or Tales of Arise.

Any recommendations on which one to do or any other JRPG you would recommend to a first timer? I typically like more fast paced combat rather than turn based, if that helps. 

Thank you! :)

Valkyrie elysium is more action rpg and not much strategy is needed. It's also short. 

Stick with Tales of Arise. It is fast combat.

Or Ys 8 but also another action RPG

• Like 1

Tales of games are always solid choices. I still need to play Arise myself!

FF7 Remake is a fun action RPG that I personally loved. Hard mode was actually super fun and satisfying and made you think a bit while still having that action feel to it. Probably the best executed action RPG I've played in regards to balancing action and strategy outside of the Xenoblade Chronicles series (Nintendo exclusive)

Kingdom Hearts isn't a bad choice either, but I think they are kind of hard to get into if you aren't a fan of Disney or Final Fantasy. 

• Like 3

I'm not a complete JRPG novice, but I am pretty much a novice at modern JRPGs, and I'll say - I played Tales of Arise last year as my first Tales game, and had a good time with it, so I can confirm it needs no prior Tales experience to enjoy!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2