Thoughts on the Trophy List?

Paul

I'm disappointed. I've been anticipating this game's arrival for a while, and I was hoping the platinum would be a challenge. It seems the hardest trophy will be winning ten Survival matches. Too many fighting game trophy lists these days are laughably easy.

Fighting game fans will enjoy the fact this game will have rollback net code. It's playable on Fightcade.

Edited by Paul

Owned the first on PS2 and used to play TRF2 back in the day over at Chinatown Fair in NYC.

This trophy list is pretty lame. Pathetically easy, which I figure was on purpose to get the trophy-whore crowd to make a purchase. Honestly, it's not a bad idea, as general interest in The Rumble Fish can't be particularly high. They can use whatever help they can get to make sales.

I'll wait to pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale, for 50% or more. 

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

I like the list. I appreciate the nudge to have players select and complete an arcade/story run. For the longest of years, that's how I did it, to learn if I like a character's play style. 

Some recent games like Guilty Gear 1 release, The Last Blade 2 are good examples. It's just enough to get a new player interested.

It doesn't have to be GG Sign/Xrd, P4 Arena or KoF type of grindy. 

Thumbs up ??

• Like 1

Will be picking this game up asap. If you want a fighting game that has a decent challenging trophy list that came out recently, then I recommend "Them's Fightin Herds". Has two platinums but no autopop, and the combo trials will be difficult for some players.

Edited by GoldUnit1001

On 19/11/2022 at 8:25 AM, the_real_culture said:

I like the list. I appreciate the nudge to have players select and complete an arcade/story run. For the longest of years, that's how I did it, to learn if I like a character's play style.

I agree. I appreciate games like this and Capcom Fighting Collection that encourage players to try all the characters and experience the game's lore. Also I can do without online trophies so that's a bonus.

Endless mode could've probably featured more matches, but I would not want to repeat the kind of experience needed for Chaos Code's gold trophy so I'm not complaining.