Win a Ones tournament

MarcancooL

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a clue to help me win a tournament of this darn mode? How to customize my player?

This made me miss platinum on NHL 20, I decided to buy NHL 23 this year just in case the game had improved but there still is this trophy to earn... I feel like when I use a skilled player I face huge opponents that wreck me, and when I use a huge player I am too slow and I face smaller opponents and I can't reach their speed...

I went to the finals once since there are only three rounds, but I still can't get this done.......

Thank you!

Hello there,

I dont have this trophy myself, because I lose mostly in finals. My build is sniper(as I platinumed with that buid nhl 21) but it’s not that important simply master scoring with help from YouTube videos in free scating against goalie. Other way around it’s just waste of time or atleast prolonging it because without scoring above 50% of shots it’s pain in the … so when you are going for session always train against goalie to be able to score above 50%
when this is mastered you will get skill with stick and good defence which is needed in round 2 and 3 will master itself simply be watching and playing.

I hope this bit helps you and you will do it mate :)

• Like 1

I don’t have this year’s version but don’t recall difficulty getting this in other years (even when it was 4 rounds).

I used a default build as far as size (maybe TWF?) and basically do the opposite of hubster lol.   I play very defensively and am often sitting back near the goalie ready to block shots, poke check, and pounce on rebounds or loose pucks when the opponents knock themselves out.

Besides rebounds, I mainly score by grabbing a loose puck and skating quickly and closely by the goalie and putting it in before he can slide over.

Most of my games are pretty low-scoring.  Positioning is key.  I seldom body-check.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers, that quite confirms what I thought, there are so many ways to get it done, you only need to find opponents who fits with your style to beat them... which happens pretty rarely! But I should practice a little more stickhandling for sure. Sometimes I feel like the game is lagging though, as if my player reacts after I move my stick so I get off position and scored on pretty easily...

I guess if I stick to this game mode for a few weeks I will eventually get this done... But it is such a pain in the a$$! Why can't it be easy like threes lol

• Like 1