You can get the Platinum Trophy with the 4 hour trial

NZBigC

This is a quick little announcement that you can get the platinum trophy in the 4-hour trial of this game and the PS4 version of the trial (4 hour trial for PS5 version and 4 hour trial for PS4 version). I believe there was still over an hour left of the trial in each version by the time I got the platinum, so you should be able to comfortably get it.

4 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

This seems like the sort of thing where linking a guide would have been a good idea. A three hour plat gives the impression it's a super easy game, but is it actually?

It is an easy game (or rather you can negate any difficulty with difficulty settings/sliders) but for one thing there’s an RNG element to a couple of trophies like catching a ball hit for speed etc.

Personally, I would be amazed if somebody with no experience of this franchise is picking this game up for the first time and getting the platinum that quickly.

Even with a few of those RNG trophies, you can adjust the sliders to make them much more achievable (check out what the guide says for a couple of them). I am also not that too familiar with baseball games or rules but I was able to do what the guide said and got it done.

The guide on this site is pretty good, but I also wrote a few comments to make things even faster, which have not been added to the actual guide, so I will write them here:

Bring in the Closer:  

You can go Diamond Dynasty - Play - Programs - Other Programs - May Monthly Awards - Topps Now Week 2 Moments - May 15: Pirates Win Without a Hit. This mode puts you in the bottom of the 9th, and all you have to do is get the three outs to earn the trophy.

Ugly Finder:

When you get a hit, just keep running (do not stop at first base) until you get tagged out. You don't have to be caught or thrown out at first.

Don't Rub it:

Play in retro mode and once the pitcher starts his wind-up, move your batter towards the plate. After some time, he should get hit. If your three batters get struck out, just restart the game so that you are batting again rather than wasting time pitching the bottom of the innings.

• Like 1

My question would be, why is a trial version even awarding trophies in the first place?

Unless it's an episodic adventure or something like Episode 1 of a Telltale game, Resident Evil 2 Revelations etc. I didn't think it was allowed that demos of games had popping allowed...

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

My question would be, why is a trial version even awarding trophies in the first place?

Unless it's an episodic adventure or something like Episode 1 of a Telltale game, Resident Evil 2 Revelations etc. I didn't think it was allowed that demos of games had popping allowed...

Demos don't give trophies. Trials do. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, enaysoft said:

You'd need to ask whoever ok'd it 12+ years ago. Trials in the PS3 days might unlock trophies based on what the dev team wanted (I believe it was Mortal Kombat whatever that had the odd distinction of unlocking trophies, but not allowing for a system synch unless you had an unlocked copy) but all trials do as of the PS4. Demos never did.

• Like 1