Tips & Tricks

Matrim_Drasgen

Just any info you have gathered that might help others. Thanks to @Couga83 for tips #4, #5, #6, and #7. Thanks to @CainJaeger for tips #8 and #14. Thanks, @PotrikBerger for tips #9, #11, #12, and #13.

1. The second time I praised Ebony all my heroes leveled up. I do not know if anything happened the first time.
    1. Third time I praised Ebony I got 25 Arcane Knowledge and 2 Arcane Keys.
  2. You can make a Legendary chest appear at Agatha's Cottage. Walk up to her jade-looking statue and use the word 'REVEAL'
  3. At the Standing Stones, use 'REVEAL'. This makes symbols appear on each stone. Go back to the Abbey and go inside. In the Chapel, on the wall is a painting with five symbols. Touch the stones in the order of the painting, left to right. A legendary chest appears. The pattern is random.
  4. Go to Agatha's cottage, you will see another painting with the same symbols but in a different order. Touch the stones to make another legendary chest appear.
  5. When you get your Arcane Level to Level Four, you will be allowed to open any Common Arcane Chest for Free. This is every time, no matter how many times you open the same one.
  6. When you get your Arcane Level to Level Five, you will be allowed to open any Rare Arcane Chest for Free. This is every time, no matter how many times you open the same one.
  7. When you don't get any cosmetics anymore, only credits or Gloss, then stop opening chests. At this point, you have unlocked everything for the moment. Later, when you unlock new suits for the heroes, you can again get new paint patterns for these suits in the chests.

8. Once you collect all common/uncommon colors even Common Arcane Chests drop legendary stuff.

9. A Mother’s Gift Trophy. In the greenhouse, there is a button prompt on the stone table/altar in the basement that says to inspect the table.

10. Ebony can appear not only anywhere inside the Abbey but anywhere all over the grounds themselves. I spotted her in the cave behind the chapel but couldn't pet her because I haven't gotten the chance to break through yet. Still waiting on Dr. Strange.

11. Go to the Greenhouse, you will see another painting with the symbols but in another different order. Touch the stones to make another legendary chest appear.

12. Stone pyramid mystery: use the word 'REVEAL' on it to solve the mystery.

13. The three broken moon seal locations for the break power word blood gate are:

1. As you enter the Garden of Envy there is a wall on your left with a stone door you can use the 'OPEN' power word on. Go through and look to the right for a gap you can walk through and then up a fallen tree trunk. Easily missed. Follow the path round to the seal.

2. From the Everflowing Glade fast travel point, go up the flight of stairs directly opposite the footbridge. At the top take go right, turn left when you can up a small flight of stairs and into a cemetery. Go straight across the cemetery and take the right path. You will come to vines that you need to use 'PURIFY' on. Follow the wooden path for another moon seal part.

3. From the Garden of Envy fast travel point, face the greenhouse and take the right path. Follow this round, ignoring the first left path you can take, take the 2nd left up a small mound, and turn right into a cave/shrine area. Enter and follow the spiral ramp up to find the third part of the moon seal. You can also summon a legendary chest here by using 'REVEAL' on the statue in the water.

14. Wundragore Everbloom spawns only on the waxing moon phase at night. This plant is the rarest in the game and is required for the Wisdom of the Woods trophy. Locations are:

1. Inside the Library - always guaranteed to bloom

2. Agatha's Altar - fast travel there and it before the steps going up to the altar

3. Agatha's Shrine - to the right of the shrine next to the Abbey

4. Agatha's Cottage - Two locations for this one

1. In front of the green statue

2. This one was found during the day and netted Wundragore Everbloom X 3. Behind the cottage in the brush and trees.

5. Before the dual bridge that leads to the third word of power. Use the Everflowing Glade fast travel point.

15. When I lounge in the Grotto at night, 50% of the time I get a Dark point, 25% I get a Light point, and the other 25% nothing happens.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
Update the List
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:
  1. At the Standing Stones, use 'REVEAL'. This makes symbols appear on each stone. Go back to the Abbey and go inside. In the Chapel, on the wall is a painting with five symbols. Touch the stones in the order of the painting, left to right. A legendary chest appears. The pattern I used was:
    1. Triangle with a stick figure person inside
    2. Crescent Moon on Top with Points Down
    3. Crescent Moon on Bottom with Points Up
    4. Has the letter "V" in the middle and a circle for a head
    5. Looks like the letter "A" with two cross bars, one on top of the other
  2. The day after I did #3, I noticed the painting in the chapel was different. So, I touched it in order and got a second legendary chest to show up at the Standing Stones. There appears to be a place for a third chest. Will confirm once I find the pattern for the third.
    1. Looks like the letter "A" with two cross bars, one on top of the other
    2. Triangle with a stick figure person inside
    3. Crescent Moon on Top with Points Down
    4. Has the letter "V" in the middle and a circle for a head
    5. Crescent Moon on Bottom with Points Up

The patterns are always random (on the stones itself and on the paintings) and different in every playthrough.

There is also a painting with 5 symbols in Agatha's house.

A third one can be found in the greenhouse if I remember correctly.

Another important tip for the Chests: Don't waste Arcane Keys on the white and blue chests. With increasing arcane level they become free to open without key.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

When you get your Arcane Level to Level Three, you will be allowed to open any Common Arcane Chest for Free. This is every time, no matter how many times you open the same one.

And at Max Arcane Level (5) the Rare Chests can also be opened without a Key.

Also, when you don't get any cosmetics anymore, only credits or Gloss, then stop opening chests. At this point, you have unlocked everything for the moment.

Later, when you unlock new suits for the heroes, you can again get new paint patterns for these suits in the chests.

• Like 1

May just be a silly mistake from myself, but just in case others manage to miss the button prompt, I’ll just share a note on A Mother’s Gift Trophy.

i thought I got locked out of progressing Agatha anymore once I had been down to the basement level in the greenhouse. Agatha would either be standing in the greenhouse repeating the same dialogue about Lilith being just behind that wall ahead even though I had already been down there and sweeped (or so I thought) the room. Or she would be in the library in the abbey telling me to meet her at the gate by Lilith greenhouse. Only on third night of going back and forth to greenhouse did I discover there is actually a button prompt on the stone table/alter in the basement that says inspect table. I don’t know whether this is easy to miss or I was just being blind, but thought I’d share here in case it’s the former.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Couga83 said:

The patterns are always random (on the stones itself and on the paintings) and different in every playthrough.

There is also a painting with 5 symbols in Agatha's house.

A third one can be found in the greenhouse if I remember correctly.

Another important tip for the Chests: Don't waste Arcane Keys on the white and blue chests. With increasing arcane level they become free to open without key.

Yep, can confirm the third pattern for standing stones is in lower level of the greenhouse behind a wall you can break.

other tips I can share are

stone pyramid mystery - when found just use word reveal on it to solve mystery

three broken moon seal locations for the break power word blood gate are

- as you enter the garden of envy there is a wall on your left with a stone door you can use the open power word on. Go through and look to the right for a gap you can walk through and then up a fallen tree trunk. Easily missed as I think it’s the only location you actually walk up something like a tree trunk. Follow path round to the seal.

- from everflowing glade fast travel point go up the flight of stairs directly opposite the footbridge. At top take the right split, and then turn left when you can, up a small flight of stairs and into cemetery. Go straight across cemetery and take right path. Follow this and you will come to vines to use purify word on. Once these removed follow wooden path for another moon seal part.

- from garden of envy fast travel point, face the greenhouse and take right path. Follow this round, ignoring the first left path you can take, take the 2nd left up a small mound and turn right into a cave/shrine area. Enter this and follow the spiral ramp upwards to find third part of the moon seal. You can also summon a legendary chest here by using reveal on the statue in the water.

• Like 1

If I may, I have a question about petting Chalie. Does it have to be done during the day time before going on any mission or can it only be done at night after any mission if you forgot to do it during the day? Because 15 days in a row is how I understand it is from morning to next morning, so it should count, right?

8 hours ago, NorrinnnR said:
If I may, I have a question about petting Chalie. Does it have to be done during the day time before going on any mission or can it only be done at night after any mission if you forgot to do it during the day? Because 15 days in a row is how I understand it is from morning to next morning, so it should count, right?

Yes, it shouldn't matter if you pet Charlie in the morning or at night.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NorrinnnR said:

Im pretty sure I did it at all different times of day, as long as you get something like arcane points or credits etc after you pet him I think it works. Some days I’d pet/praise him morning and night to just be sure. I think it popped for me on day 16 or 17

• Like 2

On 17.12.2022 at 6:26 PM, Couga83 said:

Yes, it shouldn't matter if you pet Charlie in the morning or at night.

On 17.12.2022 at 6:28 PM, PotrikBerger said:

Im pretty sure I did it at all different times of day, as long as you get something like arcane points or credits etc after you pet him I think it works. Some days I’d pet/praise him morning and night to just be sure. I think it popped for me on day 16 or 17

Thank you very much for your replies. I just do this every day and it doesn't always give me any rewards in the form of money or knowledge points and i believe it's random. It's the same with Ebony, because the first time I found her, she healed everyone's injuries, and the second time I got nothing. With Charlie I forgot to pet her once during the day but I did after the mission before going to bed and didn't get anything either, just lots of hearts But I guess that still counts as that day. It's hard to tell if that's how it's supposed to be or not. I hope it will work for me and in few days i will know.
Edited by NorrinnnR

On 6.12.2022 at 3:19 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

5. When you get your Arcane Level to Level Three, you will be allowed to open any Common Arcane Chest for Free. This is every time, no matter how many times you open the same one.

I was able to open common chests only when I hit Arcane level 4 and not level 3 as you wrote. I don't know if anyone else can confirm this as well.

Edited by NorrinnnR
  • Like 1