Share Button - Have you ever had an epic 15 minutes of gameplay that you just had to watch the moment it was over?

jim488

it has happened to me, plenty of times, with War Thunder... especially, since each online battle tends to last an average of about 15 minutes or a little longer. i posted my most recent battle, right here. love this game!

Edited by jim488

It would be nice if Sony would release the software update they promised so the output isn't encrypted with HDCP anymore which allows us to record with real capture devices.

But I guess a promise is no promise anymore.

not sure what that's about. HDCP? i'm in the process of upgrading the above video to 1080p from 720... it's the first time i uploaded a facebook video to youtube... so i'm learning :)

well... i guess i learned that it won't go to 1080p after all. so i guess that's what u were talking about.

Edited by jim488

not sure what that's about. HDCP? i'm in the process of upgrading the above video to 1080p from 720... it's the first time i uploaded a facebook video to youtube... so i'm learning :)

well... i guess i learned that it won't go to 1080p after all. so i guess that's what u were talking about.

Well you know this is too limited. With a capture card you can save the recorded gameplay on your PC, edit it, upload it to YouTube. Stream to Twitch. Record and stream in 1080P.

This is nice but way too limited. You can't even edit it. Who the hell is going to upload raw gameplay? Why upload to Facebook, why not to YouTube? This share button is lowering the quality of vids on YouTube and it's already low enough. Sony promises a lot but so far I've seen nothing happening. 

Who the hell is going to upload raw gameplay? 

i guess... me? haha. all i know is... the last game i had that allowed direct upload to youtube was grid 2 on the ps3. i only ever did that with games like pain and wwe '12, so i always thought it was kinda cool. i never really thought about the video quallity too much. for the ps4, now that most stuff IS 1080p, it would be great if it uploaded that way. when it's at downvids.net... it's 1080p, right? why can't we just embed that video? idk... the whole embedding thing is something i haven't done in quite a few years, but i guess we can only put youtube videos here? anyway... thanks for sharin'... like i said... i'm just learning this stuff about sony's empty promise about the hdcp. i guess if they didn't promise, and then not deliver, it wouldn't be such a big deal. all i know is... it's better than we had before. i've never been a pc or tech guy, so it's all an upgrade to me. but yea... i see the difference. when saying how much u like a game, it would be nice to show it off in 1080p without all the compression.

Well it would be nice if I could use the share button. Unfortunately, I made my account years ago when I got my PS3 and there's no way to upgrade it or enable the share button. It's absolutely ridiculous sub accounts can't use a button on the controller. 

huh? i don't understand. 

Edited by jim488

Who the hell is going to upload raw gameplay? 

i guess... me? haha. all i know is... the last game i had that allowed direct upload to youtube was grid 2 on the ps3. i only ever did that with games like pain and wwe '12, so i always thought it was kinda cool. i never really thought about the video quallity too much. for the ps4, now that most stuff IS 1080p, it would be great if it uploaded that way. when it's at downvids.net... it's 1080p, right? why can't we just embed that video? idk... the whole embedding thing is something i haven't done in quite a few years, but i guess we can only put youtube videos here? anyway... thanks for sharin'... like i said... i'm just learning this stuff about sony's empty promise about the hdcp. i guess if they didn't promise, and then not deliver, it wouldn't be such a big deal. all i know is... it's better than we had before. i've never been a pc or tech guy, so it's all an upgrade to me. but yea... i see the difference. when saying how much u like a game, it would be nice to show it off in 1080p without all the compression.

huh? i don't understand. 

In that case it's all fine. IMO some people take YouTube way too serious and people should do it their way they like. I tried editing with Sony Vegas but I couldn't find my way around because of the huge amount of options. Xbox One allows recording devices to record so PS4 should allow aswell. But I believe it has to do with Netflix and stuff, they don't want people to record that, it's not allowed ofcourse. I understand that but the share button is just too limited. 

HDCP output is encrypted and won't let recording devices record and as I far as I know not a single record device except for camera's in front of screen but that's stupid to do.

We will just have to wait and see if they release the software update. I might get an Elgato myself but only if it works for my future PS4 aswell.

P.S: The game looks pretty cool. ;)

Right!? There's not even an option for a master account to enable it. Unacceptable. 

is there any chance they've changed this, recently? the reason i ask is... i have 2 sons... i've always had the master account on ps3 and now just transferred all our names over to the ps4. there was one time that the ps3 was corrupt, and i probably screwed up by them losing both their sub accounts but that was many years ago. so they created new ones at that time, and those are the ones we brought over to the ps4. just to check things out, i went on my oldest son's name on the ps4 and tried to upload one of his screenshots from assassin's creed black flag for the ps4. so i logged off my name on the laptop, and got on his... so that it would automatically log me into his facebook (which i don't know the password for, but do... for the computer ha) and there it was. no problem. it uploaded the screenshot that i uploaded to his facebook account from the ps4. i can't see it from my facebook because the setting on the ps4 is for "me only" on his account. idk if he did that or it's because that's what mine is set to, but anyway... i'm in the process now of seeing if the video i attempted to upload will show up there as well... i'll keep ya posted. i was shocked that it worked, based on what u guys have been saying, and then what i read on internet sites after i searched about it.

Edited by jim488

well... it worked. i successfully uploaded a screenshot and a gameplay video to his facebook account. that's 2 accounts on the same ps4, mine and his, that are able to utilize the share function. how is that possible if sub accounts aren't permitted to do that? am i missing something? or was this recently changed?

Edited by jim488

is it possible a master account is not an automatic thing, and maybe i never created sub accounts to begin with? so if i didn't do that, there are no sub accounts on my system?

ah i did some searching and i remember now. there was something about the ps3 that didn't allow the boys to access a certain feature if we said they were under 18, so i lied about their age. hmmm i wish i could remember what that was. maybe it was access to the psn store or something. anyways... if they ever wanna share a screenshot or gameplay video, i'll have to tell them all about this so they can thank me. :)

In that case it's all fine. IMO some people take YouTube way too serious and people should do it their way they like. I tried editing with Sony Vegas but I couldn't find my way around because of the huge amount of options. Xbox One allows recording devices to record so PS4 should allow aswell. But I believe it has to do with Netflix and stuff, they don't want people to record that, it's not allowed ofcourse. I understand that but the share button is just too limited. 

HDCP output is encrypted and won't let recording devices record and as I far as I know not a single record device except for camera's in front of screen but that's stupid to do.

We will just have to wait and see if they release the software update. I might get an Elgato myself but only if it works for my future PS4 aswell.

P.S: The game looks pretty cool. ;)

It does, you'll just have to get an HDMI splitter too. 

Be patient with Sony, the PlayStation 4 hasn't even been out 4 months yet. It isn't like Sony are breaking promises, they said they'd update the system to allow older headsets to work and they've done that which many would argue is more important than the HDCP issue. 

Parker

It does, you'll just have to get an HDMI splitter too. 

Be patient with Sony, the PlayStation 4 hasn't even been out 4 months yet. It isn't like Sony are breaking promises, they said they'd update the system to allow older headsets to work and they've done that which many would argue is more important than the HDCP issue. 

Parker

Oh that sounds great, thanks :)

I'm sorry.

In GTA 4, I was just flying around in a helicopter and randomly pressed a triangle button, which means jumping out from a helicopter.

My fall finished near Playboy X's safehouse in the nearest dumpster in an awkward position, It was pretty funny lol.

Edited by Amonares

I would just repeat this over and over again; GTA 4; I was just flying around in a helicopter and randomly pressed triangle button, which means jumping out from a helicopter.

My fall finished near Playboy X safehouse in the nearest dumpster in this position:

DumpsterDiver.jpg

I was LOL-ing for the whole day when I saw Niko stuck in dumpster! I can't believe how I ended up in that position!  :lol:

and that right there will be the greatest thing about having the share button (fot those that it works for... sorry, guys)... to prove "that thing i did"... actually happened. :) and it's sandbox games like gta where it's gonna prove to be its most useful.