Repeated game crashes have locked me out of hero ops

PotrikBerger

I sent wolverine off on a hero op. Now when I go to collect the reward the game just crashes. It’s done this many times now. I didn’t do any more mirror table missions for a bit, just kept reloading and trying to collect rewards so I can continue with more hero ops. But crashes every time. I’ve played a couple more story missions, gone forward a few days and tried to collect the reward then, but it just keeps crashing. It can’t seem to cope with the wolverine comic reward screen.

this is a major bummer, just hoping it won’t affect any of the trophies I have left. But looking like I will have to play the rest of the game without hero ops and I’ve not even completed the second act of the campaign.

Anyone else had this with the hero ops?

• Like 1

Had this happen to me, too. For those hoping to avoid it, it seems to be caused by a bug allowing a Hero Op mission to go ahead without a hero assigned. I had assigned Wolverine to one op, then clicked to assign someone to the other one but it didn't bring up the grid of heroes to choose from. Then later on accessing the completed Hero Ops, the game crashes while trying to generate a comic cover based on no character.

The spamming buttons thing didn't work for me so I just rolled back to a save the day before. Bug can be avoided by making sure to back out of the Hero Ops menus and then going back in before you assign a second, and I'm now double checking I can see the characters assigned properly before I head out on missions. Hopefully there's some kind of patch soon anyway.

• Like 1

the Button mashing not working for me and I don’t have a save file avliable from before this error occurred. Am I stuffed then? I guess if there is a story mission that requires wolverine then I’ll be locked out of the game.

this sucks big time. Spent hours n hours on this game so far 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CainJaeger said:

I had the same thing happen and lost around 3hrs of progress because i had to go back befote starting the hero op

My best advice would be just doing the ops needed for research and then just not do them at all  

Thankfully I did actually make a save back up on day 39 to the cloud, I just forgot I did this. However, I was on day 53 when it crashed so I have SO much to repeat. All the enjoyment I had with this game has been sucked up a bit with this calamity. But, if I had to try and find some silver lining with this, at least I get to concentrate on trying to get the light trophy a lot earlier in game as I’d already popped the dark power trophy before it crashed

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Stuck on hero op crash as well. This absolutely stinks

Reload the night autosave 2 days before, therefore getting before accepting the no-hero op.

Next time, if you see a hero op starting without a hero icon, reload the previous night.