DLC make platinum easier?

MisterJoint84

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Already earned the Platinum on the base game so can’t say for sure, but I can confirm that the DLC levels add to your normal star count in just the same way that Hospital did. Would presume that means they count towards the trophy 

I thought it might, bought the DLC anyway now so will give it a try soon. Sometimes the 3 star objectives drag on the levels too long so it would reduce the grind a bit for me.

I just did the platinum in about 32 hours. Overall wasn’t too grindy, especially if you use templates for the essential rooms (private tuition, lecture hall, bathroom, shower room, library, dormitory) from the start. I only learned about them halfway through and could’ve saved myself ~5 hours of pasting posters if I had done that, or used additional templates for science labs, gyms, etc.

Also learned the hard way: for the Archaeology level if you build bigger dig sites than the minimum, they can find more than one artifact at once. Took me 12 school years for that objective alone. Pretty fun game overall, though. Will knock out the DLC once there’s a season pass or jumbo edition.

• Like 2

No i just tried, the star achieved in the DLC level don't add to the 36 for PhDarn Good. You still need to complete all star in the base level to get the platinium.

It's the same for Academic Rainbow, new courses don't add for this trophy

Edited by Arkkhy
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, Arkkhy said:

No i just tried, the star achieved in the DLC level don't add to the 36 for PhDarn Good. You still need to complete all star in the base level to get the platinium.

It's the same for Academic Rainbow, new courses don't add for this trophy

Thats a shame, the DLC counted for the stars in Two Point Hospital. Nevermind, was just hoping to cut down the platinum time a little bit.