Gift Hunter Glitch Workaround

JKOROX

Hi all, new to this site so Idk how to make a guide, just wanted to help some people with the Gift Hunter trophy.

Seems to be a glitch right now that stops the trophy from unlocking. Purely conjecture with a bit of evidence behind it as both myself and Lind-Z-K (first plats on each platform) believe this is due to collecting Green's coin as you last gift. This might have something to do with being kicked to the hub after collecting the gift missing a trigger that is checked when normally collecting a gift restarts a level.

The work around is easy, just make sure to save a gift early on that isn't a green coin for your last gift, it appears Lind-Z-K used 1-1 and I used 2-1.

Hope this help you all! Sadly if you have this glitch I haven't managed to find a work around for it besides restarting from a new game. Sorry! (If anyone finds a quicker work around let me know and I'll update this post with credits)

Happy hunting Neons!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Took a while, but we have some good news:

New PlayStation patch goes live today:
+ Fixed "Gift Hunter" trophy not unlocking as expected
+ Improved 120Hz support for certain hardware configs (PS5)
+ Added measures to mitigate save data corruption issues

More patches are coming soon:
- More options to address 120Hz issues on a wider range of hardware configs
- More measures to prevent save data corruption. If you encounter save issues after this patch, please contact us with info about what happened: [email protected]

Lastly, if you were affected by the Gift Hunter bug you can trigger it by visiting White's Journal if using the same save data.

Source: https://twitter.com/PlayNeonWhite/status/1619108426810019842

Sorry I was commenting on the save corruption glitch on PS5, completely disregarded this thread was referring to the gift glitch lol.

Gift Glitch is probably fixed, haven't seen anyone complain about it since patch.

Edited by JKOROX
Mistake