Why are my Forum posts closing??

I don't understand this place. I try making forums on here. A lot of them are closed within 2 or 3 comments. Why are they being closed and who is the one that can close them? People say "oh this has already been done" So what???? I read lots of posts on here that have been done before. I have seeen MANY of the same posts. Or very similar. Why aren't they shut down?

The only one I see shut down is this one.

If anything, similar topics should be merged with the older topics or a link should be provided to a similar thread if the mod decides to lock it.

However, this topic is a bit different because most of the topics similar to this (shovelware) are already locked. Therefore, my guess is that whichever mod saw this decided to just lock it and be done with it. Can't blame them for locking it, but I understand why you would be confused without a mod posting in it to explain it.

I didn't see any other locked threads, but my guess is that it was probably for the same reason. The forums are self policed to an extent, so if people are reporting it as a dupe thread, that's probably why yours are being locked and not others (if this is actually happening multiple times).

There's no rule for necroing threads as long as it's not spam to increase content count, so use the search function beforehand and try to post in older threads or if you want to make a more modern thread, put in the title things like "in the past year" or something that differentiates your topic from the other if you want to avoid it being locked or merged.

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

@SuchRemorse as for who closes them, chances are its Grave.

It's not me, but hopefully  my explanation will help with the confusion. 

• Like 3

Just now, SuchRemorse said:

I have a silver trophy one that is closed too... And last year I had 2 closed as well. 

We have a No Duplicate Threads rule in the forum rules. 

Your threads are duplicates so they’re either merged or locked, generally pointing to the ongoing threads with the duplicate topic. The only one that wasn’t was your Shovelware thread because as the last two posts clearly explain, using the forum search would point you to all the existing duplicate threads and everyone one of them ends up with multiple members breaking multiple forum rules. Since they’re just beating a dead horse, they’re closed when they’re started for the umpteenth time.

If you find other duplicate threads, please be helpful and report them to bring them to the attention of the moderators.