Take the Plunge trophy is bugged

Dooleh_404

This trophy is broken on the PS4 version. I was trying to get it for almost an hour after finishing every other trophy while it took me 3 or 4 minutes at that point on the PS5 version. I deleted my save and will try again and report if that fixes it, but in the meantime be warned that there are problems with this trophy.

edit: Definitely was bugged, unlocked the trophy in ~10min on a new save, so if it ain't unlocking for you, delete the save data and start from scratch.

Edited by Dooleh_404
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Sure, a trophy with 83.85% rarity is bugged, it couldn't be that you're just not fully plunging the ball.

I'm not saying it can't be unlocked, but I am absolutely sure I did launch it fully over 50 times during the almost 2 hours of gameplay, as it's east to tell when you do it correctly on the hotshots table.

I deleted my save and am sure I'll get it eventually, I just made the topic so that other people with the same problem know they aren't alone.

Just now, WookieWebster316 said:

Don't use the left stick to pull back the plunger, it's a bit hit-and-miss, use L1 & R1 and it should pop quickly enough for you 
Hope that helps

I'm not. Though the funny thing is I did use it exclusively in the PS5 version and unlocked the trophy without any issues, because I had no idea you could do it with l1 + r1.